Losing your Emissary flag

• I think that when we lose our emissary flag , doesnt depend what grade are we , we should be able to raise it back if we steal it back or sink the ship that has it . Right now it doesnt make any sense that we can not do anything with our flag when we steal it back . We can just sell it for 1-2 gold which is useless . I think the idea of raising the flag back is good because it really can not be abused .

Публикации
    Просмотры
    questionwindows 10general
  • i complete agree with this person. That would be sick

• @selovich said in Losing your Emissary flag:

I think the idea of raising the flag back is good because it really can not be abused .

It can. Let’s say you were a level 5 reaper and get sunk. Once you get it back you can hang onto it and search the seas without others seeing you on their map table until you are ready to put it back up. Once you are ready you can see all emissaries again on your map table without others seeing you progress from 1 to 5 first.

• @selovich said in Losing your Emissary flag:

I think that when we lose our emissary flag , doesnt depend what grade are we , we should be able to raise it back if we steal it back or sink the ship that has it . Right now it doesnt make any sense that we can not do anything with our flag when we steal it back . We can just sell it for 1-2 gold which is useless . I think the idea of raising the flag back is good because it really can not be abused .

Hmm, sailing around with your high level Gold Hoarder Flag on the deck of your ship, unnoticed, digging up or otherwise getting chests & trinkets and when you're ready to sail sell with no Reapers or other possible opponents around, raise it and get your 2.5 multiplier.
    Yep, it can and will be abused.

• We can repair so many things on our ship now makes sense that if we got our flag back repairing it should be a feature.

Sadly I think Rare doesn't actually read the forums often but if they do it is even less likely on the weekend so I tend to save my suggestions till a work day at least. But you never know. Perhaps if it gets enough upvotes. But Rare didn't understand why anyone would want a sensitivity slider for the spyglass..... because being able to look around faster would be a bad thing apparently?

• Work up to Grade 5, Scuttle, send partner to Ship while other tucks away the Loot to wait for pickup, sail around without your Flag on so you are less of a target, reattach when you are ready to sell at Grade 5, completely circumvent the risk/reward nature of doing Emissary.

Or, as was noted before, if you make a safe guard to Scuttling, you could do the same after stealing it back. Or you could sink your Ship another way, such as running into a rock or shallows and letting it sink you. Then just follow the above steps and circumvent the risk/reward.

Reattaching the Flag is generally exploitable and will be used as such to turn Emissary into a mostly safe means to apply a Bonus to your cash out.

This is why the Flag can only be sold once detached. It is just Loot at that point. And if it is your own Flag it is effectively worthless cause you lost it. At best, I would be ok with you being able to sell your broken Flag back to the Faction for just the basic cash in for lowering it. You managed to get it back, good job, have 5k and no Bonus.

• I think the idea of raising the flag back is good because it really can not be abused .

As a business/Faction.
    I would allow you to raise your flag again if you recover it. BUT with a price or punishment. After all you lost it and that doesn't look good for the faction to begin with.

Either

• pay a 20,000 gold
    • Lose 2 Grades (depending on what grade you were at)
  • @burnbacon said in Losing your Emissary flag:

I think the idea of raising the flag back is good because it really can not be abused .

As a business/Faction.
    I would allow you to raise your flag again if you recover it. BUT with a price or punishment. After all you lost it and that doesn't look good for the faction to begin with.

Either

• pay a 20,000 gold
    • Lose 2 Grades (depending on what grade you were at)

So, people don't have to raise it again from level 1 to 5 when they lower and raise again, they just scuttle and raise from 3 to 5 to get a new emissary quest ?

• Clearly, there are numerous ways to abuse it, even with the alternative suggestions mentioned thus far.

Everyone in favor of this mechanic is just ignorant to how beautifully designed and balanced the emmisary system really is.

The risk and reward is there - if you and your crew don't take care, then the risk will become your reward.

• Completely disagree with any ability to re-raise a downed flag. I sail with an emissary up most of the time. Sucks to lose it; that’s the point. As @Galactic-Geek said, if you want the reward you’ve got to take the risk.

• @selovich easily abusable, get grade v anything supplies in storage crate an scuttle then do anything as a non emmy and raise it again just before selling.

All the reward without the risk

• Once you sunk enough times with an emissary flag you eventually get use to it and do not care anymore. Then you can better see that the system works well as it is.

Публикации
Просмотры
questionwindows 10general
11 из 12