Video driver crashed and was reset error appearing randomly every time I play

• I started playing 3 days ago and since I started playing I've continuously encountered this "Video driver crashed and was reset, update drivers, exiting..." error that forces me to exit the game. I have an i5 10400F 2.90 GHz, GTX 1650 4 GB and 16 GB RAM. I play on "Common" graphics preset with a 144hz monitor (fps capped at 144 too), and I don't have any problems with the performance of the game (90-100 fps on average) so it's pretty alright. This error appears at random times while I'm playing like when I'm interacting with the map, browsing menus or even normally sailing on the sea without any interaction with menus or tools at all, it just happens, the screen freezes for two seconds and then I get prompted with the video driver crash message on screen, after that, game closes. Windows (10) is up-to-date and the GPU drivers are as well (I don't have any overclocks running in case you ask). I can't do anything when I play solo because of this error, I spend hours doing a voyage just to suddenly get forced out of the game. What can I do to stop this? Please let me know.

Публикации
    Просмотры
    questionwindows 10
  • Same issue with a 1060. I tried Everything I could find online but no success, I even formatted my pc.

The sad solution I found for me is locking my framerate. For you I suggest 90 and no v sync, try first 100.

I start to suspect the issue is related to freesync monitors... Wich model you have?

• @tossico94 AMD Freesync Premium, I'll try locking the framerate a bit lower and I will update you later.

• @fakemarc0

Also try other unreal engine games, the issue seems to happen in those.

Peoples seems to fix this problem by underclocking they're gpu, wich is kinda stupid.

• @fakemarc0

A little update, I solved my crashes by enabling maximum hertz (option is 143,50 hz) on advanced video settings of windows

Nvidia control panel is set to 144hz too

Публикации
Просмотры
questionwindows 10
3 из 5