New Game Ignition

• I think, personally that the community would love a factions idea. Factions try to take over the sea of thieves and your character can pick a faction based on beliefs or swaggerness or whatnot. to have the factions fight the leaderboards are based on the members of the factions placing in things like ‘most kills’ ‘ships sunken’ ‘loot stolen’ ‘money made’ ‘best overall’ and the top 100 of each catergory get rewarded with ship sets , outfits , equipment, weapons, and pets. each faction has a leader like duke, the gold hoarder, briggsey, flamheart, wanda, larianna etc… and get a faction outfit and ship set to represent there faction. a person can only change their faction once and the leaderboards and rewards reset monthly. i think the this would make the game very entertaining to see witch faction is winning and who’s leading their faction. it would bring out and shine on some unsuspected or unseen pirate legends and would make some great memories.

Публикации
    Просмотры
    generalcommunitystory & loreeventscompetition
  • This would also limit my sandbox, and restrict my choices. I understand your idea, but a clear NO from me.

• @hauntedhouse50 said in New Game Ignition:

I think, personally that the community would love a factions idea. Factions try to take over the sea of thieves and your character can pick a faction based on beliefs or swaggerness or whatnot. to have the factions fight the leaderboards are based on the members of the factions placing in things like ‘most kills’ ‘ships sunken’ ‘loot stolen’ ‘money made’ ‘best overall’ and the top 100 of each catergory get rewarded with ship sets , outfits , equipment, weapons, and pets. each faction has a leader like duke, the gold hoarder, briggsey, flamheart, wanda, larianna etc… and get a faction outfit and ship set to represent there faction. a person can only change their faction once and the leaderboards and rewards reset monthly. i think the this would make the game very entertaining to see witch faction is winning and who’s leading their faction. it would bring out and shine on some unsuspected or unseen pirate legends and would make some great memories.

• A sandbox adventure game honestly has no place to just randomly be competitive amongst players when we have The Arena, the NAL, the SoC, and smaller tournaments on custom servers created by partners to fill in that gap of competition.

No one is trying to strive to be the best and comparing one's stats to the others just creates unnecessary competition that could lead to unfriendly environments.

• @nex-stargaze they could always make the competitive challenges purely in arena, while the passive challenges stay in the adventure mode, catering to the more casual and competitive players.

• @ghostfire1981 as I said with Nex Stargaze they could always cater their challenges to arena and adventure, not limiting your sandbox, and infact maybe even INCREASING your sandbox a little

• Wow. It's like emissary. Like...exactly like emissary. Huh.
    Guess who's gonna win...Alliance Servers lol.

• @pithyrumble emissaries are way different you don’t fight against in many categories and fight with a large group, also if many alliance servers are in different factions it evens the playing feild out.

• @pithyrumble it's definitely not, the emissary's don't allow you to work together as a faction, they all give rewards and money, that is about it. And server alliances are kinda the point of getting your faction to the top.

• @pithyrumble also this whole idea I would think allow you to join others in your faction to equal the playing fields

• I did not sign up to play some faction based, MMO or some mobile nonsense.

Having community co op goals is one thing. Having territory owned by factions on the sea, is another and I agree with a few users in the thread that it restricts others sandbox experience.

I do not like this idea one bit.

• @pithyrumble couldn’t agree more on this one.

• @hauntedhouse50 ah yes. how
    bout we call this original idea the “emissary” system?

• @nex-stargaze i disagree. i couldn’t possibly imagine pirates not being competitive. i’ve been playing SoT for three years, i’ve completed almost all commendations that offer rewards, and i can say from experience, it gets very boring. after playing the game for this long, I and many others struggle to find entertainment in simply PvEing and basically doing the same things over and over again. PvP is really the only thing that has variety to it and i wouldn’t play this game at all if bettering your skills to stay above your competition was a bad thing to do.

i think being competitive keeps the game fun after playing for this long and it’s unfortunately i see my days on this game ending soon due to the fact that the skill-gap is slowly dying because of the endless bugs and strains on the servers, specifically effecting pvp.

• "Most kills" encourages spawncamping and "most sinks" encourages bullying freshspawns...

Публикации
Просмотры
generalcommunitystory & loreeventscompetition
1 из 15