[Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback

• May's 'Lost Treasures' content update is now live! New to Sea of Thieves this month are improvements to Tall Tales, gameplay updates and balances acrossing the board and the introduction of regular in-game events.

See below for new trailers, more details on events and latest patch notes!

Lost Treasures: Official Sea of Thieves Content Update

Events Hub Webpage

https://www.seaofthieves.com/event-hub

The latest release notes can be found here once available: https://www.seaofthieves.com/release-notes/2.0.15

This topic has been set up to provide feedback on the new features, updates and activities that update 2.0.15 brings.

As you participate in this thread -

Keep to the Pirate Code

As a reminder, the Pirate Code is more than just guidelines (though the reference really never gets old), but the rules of the community and game that we expect all members to abide by when participating on the forums. Any member who fails to abide by the code may find themselves put in the brig, or removed from the community.

We also have Forum Rules, which we moderate to.

This thread is for feature discussion and feedback only. If you're looking for help with anything then head over to the Gameplay Guides + Tips category linked below.

Are you in need of any help? Then look no further!

Публикации
    Просмотры
  • Sloop model is broken after that ladder change. You can fell off on the right side by just walking towards a ladder. No issue on left side. Galleon and Brig are fine.

• Base text size is now TOO large. I appreciate that the reason behind it was for accessibility, but forcing the change on EVERYBODY, not just the people who need it, isn't great.

Also, ping seems to have increased quite drastically - Currently getting 140 ping on a sloop solo, and 200 on a galley with 3 other people. EDIT - Seems an EU based crew has been dumped into a west canada server.

EDIT - Text size slider in accessibility settings now goes to 0.5, which is smaller than the original font. Issue resolved!

• @takuboto The font size is absolutely massive, I'm running 1S on a 50inch TV and the text bar is like 30cm long. Is there currently a way to make the default as it was?
    Thanks

Edit:- Editorial correction 🤦‍♂️

• Good list of improvements.

But I am unpleased about the mermaids now spawning ever closer to you.. This just further encourages flying pirates to constantly fire themselves from cannons towards you and be almost instantly back to their ships if they fail to board you.
    There should be a penalty for failure.. Not rewards!

The time a player spends paddling around to catch the mermaid is time they can't spend patching repairs for a bad judgement call.

That should be rethought in my opinion.

Fire yourself out of a cannon.
    1 minute til mermaid spawn.

• Mermaid is bugged - I just had one dive when I got close, and couldn't use it. - EDIT - That happened as my ship approached it.

Ship textures aren't fully rendering properly. - EDIT - At least on the ruby splashtail hull, from less than a square away. Can be seen just by cannoning out. EDIT2 - Also happened with Parrot. https://i.imgur.com/bhkS6y7.jpg

Cannon shots appear to be coming from above the cannons (At least on ruby splashtail cannons).

• I feel the kraken is too easy now especially on sloop please revert the changes and make it the same it was before.

• "Will my crewmates’ kills, catches and other advancements count towards my goal too?
    No, all challenges are counted per pirate unless it is specifically stated that a crew can work together towards a shared goal."

This! Honestly why?
    Deliver 3 Reapers Chest and 3 Bounty, alright ok sure. 10 Reapers emissary flags. I'm not sure I've met 10 but I can try.
    Having to do all of it 3 times because I'm on a Brig? Ridiculous!
    That's 9 chests/bountys and 30 flags!
    Also fishing 300 Ruby Splashtails per crew member? Ouch!

Don't devide the crews! I get that doing these things as alliances would break the challenge and that's ok but if members of the same crew have to compete to achieve an objective you'll just encourage poor sportsmanship between crew members. Kill stealing, loot stealing and what else? Is that really the goal you're aiming for?

• Hopefully the time zones for happy hour 1.5 multipliers and fort loot vary from update to update? It seems a bit foolish to lock into 2 specific hours with a game played from all time zones.

Disappointing that you chose to bulldoze your way ahead and cater to alliances with the name tag changes.

Nerfed the kracken once again.... why???? How about we make it so players can kill it with music? We are almost at that point. We need more challenging PVE not less...

Daily events and hunters call event are sort of blah, but its not really a negative to anyone who doesn't care about the nominal rewards

• Rather disappointed that Alliance nameplates made it to live. So is the desire for player created stories just lip service at this point? Long gone is the infiltration stories because people can't be bothered to learn the names of people in their Alliance.

• It's really nice that we can finally complete almost all of the ships sets now.

Though I think the Imperial Sovereign Figurehead should have been silver. 😕

• finally a patch dedicated to bug fixes.. bravo. so good....

finally hit reg on known issues list bravo.

buff to alliances via nameplate colors.... booo stop buffing this broken system.

• "Every day now has two separate Gold Rush hours that boost rewards for every item cashed in."

By how much exactly are the rewards boosted?
    Is it just gold, just rep, or both?

• Love the events and so much more introduced in this update! May I humbly request the event hub be in-game?

• @zergax said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback:

No, all challenges are counted per pirate unless it is specifically stated that a crew can work together towards a shared goal."

I have to agree, this is kinda rough. If my crew turns in a reaper's chest, it only counts for them? Same with the flags? Ouch. 300 splashtails per crew member? Triple ouch.

• I've already made some of these points, but..

Cannons - Ruby splashtail seems to fire from above the model.

Server - EU players appear to be put on to NA servers - Full EU crew earlier got placed on a server with somebody from west canada.

Ship rendering - Less than a cannon shot away seems to cause the ship to render with the most bog standard appearance (Plain brown, no texture). Tested with both Parrot and Ruby Splashtail hulls. https://i.imgur.com/bhkS6y7.jpg

Barrels - Placing planks into the plank barrel, then placing something into another barrel which there are none of that item in (Tested by trying to put cannonballs into a barrel containing chain shot, blunder bombs and fire bombs) seems to prevent placing the cannonballs. (At least tested on galley)

Ladders - Occasionally get stuck at the top of a ladder before actually climbing up.

Noises - Sound of ship grinding on land has a chance to continue even once on open sea, without subsiding.

Alliance - I dislike the idea for alliance members to show as a different colour. It should be your crew, and everybody else. Removes the possibility for people to "infiltrate" alliances by pretenting to be an alliance member.

Double reward hours are at bad times - They're 6pm-7pm in the UK (When most eu people are starting their voyage), and 2am-3am in the UK (When most EU people are asleep).

Text scaling - The default text size was fine. Accessibility settings should be accessibility, not default. The in game chat is now huge and distracting.

Don't get me wrong, some of the updates are great - Kraken not blocking hatches, hit reg improvements etc. But there's some changes and "bugs" which aren't great, and I don't know how they made it past the insiders (I appreciate the irony of me being an insider, but honestly I got fed up of the 4gb patches every week which the microsoft store would keep erroring on)

• @zergax Splashtails are crew wide, just turned some in an the whole crew advanced on the challenge

• @needsmokes No the mermaid spawn is much better now. Falling off a boat mid battle meant a potential 30 seconds to a minute lost of time on the boat which can sometimes be the difference between sinking or sailing. Just keep people from getting on your boat and you won’t have to worry.

• I agree with many others in this thread: the text size is way too big. It’s distracting. Put the setting in accessibility but don’t force an ungodly large text size on players who don’t need it.

• "Alliance Nameplates – When you form an Alliance with another crew, the allied crews’ nameplates will become purple to help identify those in your Alliance."

Thanks for destroying the fun in destroying alliances. Wow.

• @reapinglegion said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback:

"Alliance Nameplates – When you form an Alliance with another crew, the allied crews’ nameplates will become purple to help identify those in your Alliance."

Thanks for destroying the fun in destroying alliances. Wow.

Agreed, this is a lame change. Sneaking and pretending to be a part of an alliance is no longer possible. To blend in you now have to join the alliance (if they let you....)

• @scootie-mcgavin Atleast the alliance servers can run safe now and that's what rare obviously wanted.

• @trippitytee

Not so easy if your solo and its like pinball with multi ball pirates flying at you non stop as there is less consequences for missing. I need to do other things than check both ladders and expect a pirate to board via the harpoon method too.
    It's a bit too much to cover 4 boarding points and sail, repair, battle.
    Impossible almost.

• "Sloop Kraken Encounters – When encountering a Kraken on a Sloop, tentacles are now weaker and take less damage. Kraken tentacles wrapping your ship also take less damage before they let go."

Perfect, now it's even more nerfed than before.

What the actual f rare?

• @trippitytee dijo en [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback:

I agree with many others in this thread: the text size is way too big. It’s distracting. Put the setting in accessibility but don’t force an ungodly large text size on players who don’t need it.

This had bad feedback in Insiders. I think it was a bug and won't come out... But now, it's like I was playing in a 16inch monitor... Adding more options is the way to go, not this, that takes 1/4 of your screen.

• Cargo crates have no more a handle to hold them. They are held by magic.

Correction: Chests are also affected.

• I do not see the handles on the boxes with goods

• When a ship sails over land, it creaks and scratches in the game, these sounds can sometimes still be heard on the sloop at sea.

• @gilderien

The gold rush timezones are never gonna satisfy everyone. I do think its a bit wack that the UK wouldn't have been lined up properly as I thought one would work favourably for the UK and one the US.
    But many countries (like mine) have no shot anyway so for my the goldrush will never apply to my voyages

• The winches of some fishing rods are still not animated correctly, the handle for the left hand does not move and separates from the rest of the rod; affected are fishing rods like the Legendary or the Ashen Dragon.

• @guilleont said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback:

@trippitytee dijo en [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback:

I agree with many others in this thread: the text size is way too big. It’s distracting. Put the setting in accessibility but don’t force an ungodly large text size on players who don’t need it.

This had bad feedback in Insiders. I think it was a bug and won't come out... But now, it's like I was playing in a 16inch monitor... Adding more options is the way to go, not this, that takes 1/4 of your screen.

I use it on highest scale. A bit ridiculous, but at least I will never overlook the chat with this size. There should be more options, of course.

• @captain-fejk said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.15 - Lost Treasures Discussion / Feedback:

Sloop model is broken after that ladder change. You can fell off on the right side by just walking towards a ladder. No issue on left side. Galleon and Brig are fine.

I kind of like it that way, would be good to have it on all ladders.

• Please fire whoever is in charge of merch cargo QA. Again turning in cargo does not count towards commendations. You look bad when the same issue pops up with each release.

• I have experiences lag issues that come across randomly when I play which can sometimes cause me to even lag off my own ship. And this is not due to my wifi because I know several people having the same issues and have checked with my supplier.

Публикации
Просмотры
26 из 208