FSR 2.0 Support Coming?

• Has there been any news on whether one of Microsoft Studios biggest games will be utilizing the upscaling technology they’ve been promoting with FSR 2.0? Feels like this would be a perfect game to showcase the technology.

Views
    xbox onequestionwindows 10
  • @thakap said in FSR 2.0 Support Coming?:

Has there been any news on whether one of Microsoft Studios biggest games will be utilizing the upscaling technology they’ve been promoting with FSR 2.0? Feels like this would be a perfect game to showcase the technology.

I certainly haven't heard anything - in any case, I don't think that they will, because it's not just a PC game; it's multiplatform, and it wouldn't necessarily be fair for the lower-end platforms to be further put at a disadvantage any more than they already are. Rare has even set a precedent by reducing long-range visibility and draw distance to compensate for balance (the far away haze you often see didn't used to be there) between the platforms.

• @galactic-geek FSR or Fidelity Super Resolution works on Amd and nvidia graphics as well as the series x|s and xbox one. It helps leverage ai to upscale images. This would be a great game to showcase it on. So would any near end of cycle game from Microsoft that is playable on all the above platforms.

• @captain-coel said in FSR 2.0 Support Coming?:

@galactic-geek FSR or Fidelity Super Resolution works on Amd and nvidia graphics as well as the series x|s and xbox one. It helps leverage ai to upscale images. This would be a great game to showcase it on. So would any near end of cycle game from Microsoft that is playable on all the above platforms.

Oh, I know. I did my research after reading the initial post. I'm not against the idea; I just simply stated my reasoning for why I think they might not. Digging a little deeper after reading your post, it appears that you, however, are right - it can even be used on the older platforms. Unfortunately, this still doesn't mean that Rare will actually put in the work.

Views
xbox onequestionwindows 10
2 out of 4