[Mega Thread] Sea of Thieves: The Arena

• @personalc0ffee "Because that was the whole point of the game's concept. PvE and PvP together, in harmony. If all the PvP players are just in the Arena, then what's left for those of us who don't want that experience? A boring Adventure mode, with no one to attack you or shoot at."

That seems unfair for those looking for that true PvP focused experience though don't you think. Assuming worst does come worst I think the issue of low aggressive population in the base game will be remedied once Rare is done implementing new AI for the Skeleton ships though I'm not exactly up to date on how that's going.

• @x-crowheart-x

Proves Rare still does not listen and has absolutely no clue what to do with this game and all its players.

What are you talking about. How many threads a day are made about a BR/separate PvP mode? This is exacly what a ton of us have been wanting and what a ton of people that left wanted. This will both bring back players, and gives us something to do while they finish the "regular" mode. I get that you do wanna play this, but a ton of us do and you can continue to play in the "regular" mode all you want(just like you have been) after this comes out.

• @tossico94 said in [Mega Thread] Sea of Thieves: The Arena:

How Can you call this game mode "competitive" if crossplay is enabled? Lol Rare.

This is a good point. I hope they get some performance enhancements out to the xbox side, get you guys up to par with 60 fps would make a huge difference.

• @gingerbread-m3n said in [Mega Thread] Sea of Thieves: The Arena:

@skulliah said in [Mega Thread] Sea of Thieves: The Arena:

That's going to bring so many toxic players in the game :(

We talked about this a few hours ago before the XO18 Special this is not what Sea of Thieves needs right now :(

Indeed, I can't even understand how this whole Arena update became a top priority than bringing meaningfull content in the original vision of the game.

• @tossico94 Mouse and Keyboard support for xbox should be out before this update.

• @ant-heuser-kush you pumped?

• @betsill said in [Mega Thread] Sea of Thieves: The Arena:

@tossico94 Mouse and Keyboard support for xbox should be out before this update.

Mouse and keyboard and some overall performance increases should help a lot for xbox players to remain competitive, and I hope to see that happen.

• @skulliah said in [Mega Thread] Sea of Thieves: The Arena:

I'm so confused, what is the current vision of Sea of Thieves now?

Apparently Rare and Joe Neate are even more confused mate. He said "It's about the intensity and heart rate, someone is going to be competing against you getting the same treasure as you." That is already the game they made, we all purchased, and have been playing all this time. All they are doing with this update is making a mini version of the same thing. Makes no sense at all.

• @x-crowheart-x said in [Mega Thread] Sea of Thieves: The Arena:

Apparently Rare and Joe Neate is even more confused mate. He said "It's about the intensity and heart rate, someone is going to be competing against you getting the same treasure as you." That is already the game they made, we all purchased, and have been playing all this time. All they are doing with this update is making a mini version of the same thing. Makes now sense at all.

Yep and I don't even see why this can't be done in the actual game where players are getting the same treasure as you. I guess they had to make a whole new mode just for that and separate the players.

• @wkd1337 I'm a PC and a Console player,and the difference isn't Only in frame rate. If they do a function that let you enabled/disable crossplay i think its ok,because if you have a crew with mixed platform you Can enable it. If they Force crossplay for this mode they can't call It competitive, because players are not play with the same rules,and skill become secondary to win these battles.

• @wkd1337 I agree that empty servers and the cargo run addition are cause for concern - the game definitely needs more fun things to do and more reasons to do them. I would welcome a PvP faction even if it might not be my first choice for a gameplay addition - what I absolutely do not want is a separate game mode where PvPers can go and play.

I just want a Sea of Thieves where loads of stuff can and does happen on the same ocean. Where every gameplay session might be different.

Apparently Rare and Joe Neate is even more confused mate. He said "It's about the intensity and heart rate, someone is going to be competing against you getting the same treasure as you." That is already the game they made, we all purchased, and have been playing all this time. All they are doing with this update is making a mini version of the same thing. Makes now sense at all.

I honestly just think Joe wasn't prepared to be asked a question like that. The development for this is probably still pretty early stages and you know Rare doesn't like blabbing about things until they are ready to present it to the public.

Which leads me to this next question.... Rare can I pleeaesssseee be a pioneer for Arena?!?!?! Pretty please with a Krakken on top?!?!? After Arena you can kick me out I don't even care.

Know what will make it even better? A blue circle that gets smaller every few minutes!

• @betsill said in [Mega Thread] Sea of Thieves: The Arena:

@x-crowheart-x

Proves Rare still does not listen and has absolutely no clue what to do with this game and all its players.

What are you talking about. How many threads a day are made about a BR/separate PvP mode? This is exacly what a ton of us have been wanting and what a ton of people that left wanted. This will both bring back players, and gives us something to do while they finish the "regular" mode. I get that you do wanna play this, but a ton of us do and you can continue to play in the "regular" mode all you want(just like you have been) after this comes out.

I know, I have read them all. Rare could have brought these things into the game to breathe life back into the sea we already sail on without making a mini game of the same thing.

This will be a limited pacifier just like everything else has been and in the end it will only amplify what has been happening this far and the doldrums will be worse than it has every been.

• @starquest this idea of having separate currency for arena and likewise the Adventure Skins only available with adventure currency (e.g. gold and Bildgerat doubloons) will be probably the biggest way to keep anyone from the soon to be more popular Arena to visit into the Adventure mode.

But whether you like it or not, this is the thing Rare best could have done, some say needed, to bring in much much more players in a timely fashion so that all of us still have a game to enjoy that can be justified to carry on with. (Dwindling players = dwindling upkeep resources = good bye game, more people coming to SoT = more resources = lasting SoT)

Note every game that has introduced an Arena or Battle Royale mode after there initially made Adventure mode has had their Adventure modes go completely to the wayside or dead in the water. It is heartbreaking in a lot of ways, and I know Rare will do everything in their power to try not to let that happen to this Now called “Adventure mode”, but they will need to have some SUPER INCENTIVES and Skins only obtainable in Adventure mode that also “Takes a lot Time to obtain” to keep any sense of player base in Adventure to justify dedicating Rare Resources to it.

Remember they listen so back any ideas you like that people are saying or thoughtfully counter them.

Thank you all for your time to read this.

*Tiphat *
    Capt’n Sanguin

• Here's a positive, sot should have different game modes because it has so much potential there. Just think of how many competitve scenarios you can draw up for sot. Plus, if it is really fun and brings more players that will enable rare to really expand adventure mode to a greater degree. Honestly this even allows for game modes that aren't pvp at all.

• @betsill Even with Support of KB they can't Force people to get It to play in the same ground of others,an option to enable/disable the crossplatform match MUST BE IN. Otherwise wats the point to call It competitive?

• @betsill And what about controller players? I played Xbox years ago, and there, the most of players was using controls, now they like to change. I beg they do something about, many players still use and like to continue using controls.
    (I don't speak english)

• @wkd1337

I honestly just think Joe wasn't prepared to be asked a question like that.

Everything is scripted, he already had his answer.

"It's about the intensity and heart rate"

That's pure marketing to build hype as if I've never felt that in Sea of Thieves. I ALWAYS feel like that when fighting Skeleton Ships, Skeleton Fort or other players. Even during The Hungering One.

• @wesley-sanguin said in [Mega Thread] Sea of Thieves: The Arena:

@starquest this idea of having separate currency for arena and likewise the Adventure Skins only available with adventure currency (e.g. gold and Bildgerat doubloons) will be probably the biggest way to keep anyone from the soon to be more popular Arena to visit into the Adventure mode.

But whether you like it or not, this is the thing Rare best could have done, some say needed, to bring in much much more players in a timely fashion so that all of us still have a game to enjoy that can be justified to carry on with. (Dwindling players = dwindling upkeep resources = good bye game, more people coming to SoT = more resources = lasting SoT)

Note every game that has introduced an Arena or Battle Royale mode after there initially made Adventure mode has had their Adventure modes go completely to the wayside or dead in the water. It is heartbreaking in a lot of ways, and I know Rare will do everything in their power to try not to let that happen to this Now called “Adventure mode”, but they will need to have some SUPER INCENTIVES and Skins only obtainable in Adventure mode that also “Takes a lot Time to obtain” to keep any sense of player base in Adventure to justify dedicating Rare Resources to it.

Remember they listen so back any ideas you like that people are saying or thoughtfully counter them.

Thank you all for your time to read this.

*Tiphat *
    Capt’n Sanguin

I addressed this in my BR post. I hope Arena and Adventure mode cosmetics are kept separate, and Rare does everything in their power to influence a symbiotic relationship between the two modes.

• Pretty disappointed I'd rather the player base wasn't split!

Just now I was solo slooping minding my own business doing gold hoarders when a brig rocks up trying to sink me, the chase is then on. I out sail them, board them, kill the crew. Unfortunately they decided to scuttle before I crashed their brig into a rock but it was a thrill.

Adventure mode is going to be dull now which leaves me with arenas which I'll probably get owned in by more organised crews. Hopefully there will be plenty of options for who you fight against.

On the plus side hopefully this will bring back pvpers and appease the pvers but for those who like the game as it is I think it'll be the end of the game as we know it

• @blindnev said in [Mega Thread] Sea of Thieves: The Arena:

@x-crowheart-x said in [Mega Thread] Sea of Thieves: The Arena:

Know what will make it even better? A blue circle that gets smaller every few minutes!

It is already smaller mate. It is a mini game of the same game!

• @skulliah Because it's not realistic at all in the normal mode. The logistics of having a 6 ship max, shared world, with multiple other activities would not work in any way with a competitive PvP mode. You need to be able to pull from a large amount of players that all want to participate to make something like this work.

• @ant-heuser-kush
    Sorry to hear that ant!

• @wesley-sanguin Right and I'm not against the new mode because I love pvp but I also enjoy pvp in the adventure game so I hope it stays relevant. I do look forward to hopefully a huge influx of new players for both modes :) I know I will play both. Will rock a full athena ship and new people can be green with envy.

• I also think many in this thread are overlooking the possible way these modes benefit each other. For example I see myself playing Arena regularly when I'm with friends just for fun, but jumping over to the base game for events or to unlock some new customizations. In the end I think the new mode will benefit both pools of players overall.

• @ant-heuser-kush
    Ya I feel ya... I will say it was the fort battles 6 months ago that were so intense which helped me to appreciate the base game to be honest.

• @x-crowheart-x A competitive PvP mode would absolutely not work in the current game. You have to pull from other servers to be able to have any form of reliability of finding a fight. PvP provides lasting entertainment unlike voyages, so i'm not sure what you mean by "limited pacifier"

• @acebead40319154 said in [Mega Thread] Sea of Thieves: The Arena:

@ant-heuser-kush
    Ya I feel ya... I will say it was the fort battles 6 months ago that were so intense which helped me to appreciate the base game to be honest.

That's what I'm saying! Five Galleon battle over a stronghold was amazing! Great experience, and I miss those times! Arena will finally bring that back for us.

• @tossico94 Agreed, but having the option is better than just straight up being outclasses with no way to even the odds.

• Don't forget to tune into the live stream over at mixer.com/xbox tomorrow at 5pm GMT/11am CT to hear more about Arena and hopefully some of the burning questions above will be answered.

• @musicmee said in [Mega Thread] Sea of Thieves: The Arena:

Don't forget to tune into the live stream tomorrow at 5pm GMT/11am CT to hear more about Arena and hopefully some of the burning questions above will be answered.

Yeah but can I play it right now?

• @tossico94 said in [Mega Thread] Sea of Thieves: The Arena:

How Can you call this game mode "competitive" if crossplay is enabled? Lol Rare.

Sea of Thieves has already had competitive mode turned on since launch. This update is just a condensed version of it. The same game repackaged in a smaller sea to bring ships and pirates more together because they have no clue how to do that again otherwise with the direction they had us all sail along with them through countless time limited Bilge Rate adventures and lava spewing volcanos getting in our way.

• @wkd1337 What if I said... Early 2019 ;D

Eagerly waiting to test like everyone else :D

• @betsill yeah I think Rare realized this... honestly, probably was just easier to add the new mode then keep figuring out the pvp aspect in the main game which I think will still be there even with a new mode.

Postagens
Visualizações
90 de 520