[Mega Thread] In Game Customisation - Part 4

• @designedbroken said in [Mega Thread] In Game Customisation - Part 4:

@strawycascade00 I agree. Having a base design and gathering ingredients for dyes to color it any other way would be fun.

I also thought that there could be a market in the game were player sells their cosmetic items to each other for gold.

The way to add more to this is by also adding in cosmetic missions to each of the different trading grupes in the game, so players can then gatter up new and unique cosmetics that they can then sell on the market, instead of using gold to buy cosmetics which they then sell on the market.

• Infact. Rare, i would also like to suggest the ability to forge alliances with other crews. An alliance is a temporary version of a guild, that allows more groups of players to join forces and make a larger crew in a way (there is a limit to how many can be in an alliance, mind you), but with more ships in it. I think there are those who would love to forge alliances with other players in order to work together against other groups of pirates or to even take down hazardous events on the map (like a more dangerous Kraken).

• @strawycascade00 I believe this mega thread is about customization. I do not see how alliances fit into that theme.

• @halechipmunk886 said in [Mega Thread] In Game Customisation - Part 4:

@strawycascade00 I believe this mega thread is about customization. I do not see how alliances fit into that theme.

belive me, there have been many posts both here and in past customization mega threads that have had people talk more about other things that could be added to the game other than cosmetics.

• @khaleesibot Will they complete the corsair outfit because I spent lots of moeny before I figure it out that it was the only one uncomplete of all the new one ?

• https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/56866/this-isn-t-really-funny-anymore

DYE Shop: You can change colours on an item as you please or there are options you can pick what that item will look like. There would be a list of things you can already choose.

Like the clothing shop, There's a list of clothes to buy but in a dye shop, there will be a list of items that rare implemented like the Rogue sea dog cutlass and the Ruffian sea dog cutlass or you have an option to dye and pick what colours you want on a piece of the item.

Let us DYE Our items and not pay full price for a slight recolour

Rewards for completing a fort will give you an outfit.

Killing a skeleton with a bandana will rarely drop that colour bandana.

Putting symbols on your ship/Colouring your flag.

• Just some minor suggestions:

Move tooltip text away from preview window
    When using one of the chests to change appearance, the text for the item covers 1/3 of the preview which is especially annoying for shoes and pants. I recon there's enough space under the menu items to show the description. It would even help to move it to the top of the window for these items, although I'd like to see my pirate outfit in full.

Preview character is cut off at the ankles
    In the preview window it seems as though the preview is cut off at the ankles. It kind of defeats the purpose of looking at shoes.

Shoes filter is the only hidden option but it seems it would easily fit in the screen
    In the clothing chest the boots icon is the only hidden icon. Next to the row of icons is the "next" button but next to that seems to be more than enough room to fit another icon. My suggestion is to just move the button a bit more to the right and show the shoes icon as well, that'll save me from forgetting to change my boots.

Add filters per item at the vendor too (just like your clothing chests)
    At the vendor it would be nice to filter by item the same as you do in your chest, this way you can compare items much better especially when combined with my earlier suggestion of showing a preview on your character at the vendor too.

• It's been mentioned in this thread a few times before, starting with @FishSt1ck's reference to @felibaba's thread, but I would love to be able to see what clothing would look like on my character before I purchase it. I've so far spent over 15k on outfits that look simply terrible on my pirate. It's especially annoying, because it means I have to scroll through a good chunk of those items just to get to the articles I want!

And that brings me to my next point... I can't say I like what's been done to the personal chests. Replacing the original two icons (seen here) and swapping them around is an incredibly jarring change. Not only do I keep mistaking the new chest icons for clothes that I don't have, but I keep randomizing my outfits rather than removing them!

Could we see maybe see both these things changed in the future, along with perhaps adding the ability to sell clothes and equipment that you don't like? (I don't care if it's for just a small fraction of what I paid; I really dislike a considerable amount of the things taking up my inventory space!)

• Something i thought about later, in addition to the dye suggestion i and others have given below, is to also have customizations items that do futher alterations to one's ship.

These would be different "ships" that the players could purchase, and by "ships" i mean ship skins, like how the Bilge Rat watch is the same as the other watches for the other clothing groups but with a different skin.

Now, they are not like the hull colors or like any of the other already existing ship customizations. Instead they alter the hole look of one's ship, like for example a Bilge Rat ship would look broken down, old and basicly a pile of trash that you got cheap (or got scammed into buying) while the sovereign ship would have lots of gold decorations, elegant stairs and over all look like the ship of a rich man.

I think this is something that could be done in order to give players more ways to personalize their own ships. Like a Sovereign ship with the Admiral hull color, Sea Dog figurehead and Bilge Rat sails.

Just an idea i hope you all consider.

edit: something i wanna make clear is that this idea would combine all of people's ideas before about being able to change the lanterns, the cannons and more on their ships. So when you purchase a Bilge Rat ship, it has lanterns with broken glass, beaten up cannons and stairs that is being kept together with rope. You know, the kind of ship that fits the description of "held together with duck tape and hope"

This idea could also be used in making unlockable trading company ships. Like the Order of Souls ship has a mystical, skull motif, with it's lanterns being the order's blue flammed ones, while the cannons has a skeleton design on them.

The Gold Hoarder ships would have a lot of gold and gemstone decorations on it. Looking like the kind of ship that is so valuable, that even the lanterns alone is worth a fortune.

And lastly the Merchant Alliance would probably look the most normal of the three, but still having a clear business look to it.

• I'm glad to see this has been brought up before and hopefully the more people post, the more chance it will have to change.

Almost every person I know on Sea of thieves hates the way their avatars look and really want the chance to either reroll through the avatars to find a better one or (the more talked about option:) Avatar customization for height, weight, hair color, skin color, etc. It really wasn't made clear in the beginning that you wouldn't be able to change these things later and with more and more people getting close to legendary status they certainly don't want to delete their pirate to get something they like.

There should definitely be a color wheel/palate made available to change the colors of clothing and ships. Love the purple ships but I hate gold and there's no purple clothing options other than legendary, which as it was pointed out doesn't come in a dress option for female avatars.

Lastly, a tattoo shop would be an amazing outpost shop addition, I know so many people who want their pirates to have tattoos who don't and some who have them who don't like the design or where it's located, same for scars. I think piercings would be a cool addition too but not as much as tattoos.

• DYES! I think that a dye system for clothing, hair, and ships would be awesome. Something similar to what is implemented in Fable 3, which allows the player to dye base and accent colors, but the intensity of the color is predetermined by the game for a cohesive look. We could buy or craft the dyes, and some could be more 'rare' or expensive than others.

Embrace the stereotypical pirate design! I would love to see long braided beards and hair, dreadlocks... And a tattoo parlor is so necessary! Tattoos of anchors, skulls, mermaids, sharks, ships... There is so much potential that just hasn't been realized yet.

I'd also like to see more jewels. It would be neat to find different jewels and be able to take them to a jeweler to have them cut and set... then be able to wear and flaunt your riches! Rings, necklaces, cufflinks, brooches (for top or hat), belt buckles, and hair accessories are all possibilities.

Lastly, rethink the unforgiving IPG. There should at least be more filters, such as gender, age, weight... Character creation matters!

• Hi everyone! I'm DarkRadiou, I've been here since alpha, and I've lived through and loved the journey I've taken through this world of Sea of Thieves! I broadcast daily, and clip bugs I find and intense moments! I just wanted to get in touch with everyone and share a few opinions I'd love to see in the future and touch on some current implemented features!
    I love the new mechanics of being able to pass a crew member items, it's fantastic. This just adds to the immersion 10 fold. All of the ship mechanics are amazing. It really makes you feel like you are sailing and you guys have done an amazing job so far!

Future update and content ideas:
    I've found through my gameplay I've noticed something's that may improve gameplay functionality and/or immersion.

A.) PvP - I love the PvP in this game. It feels so good to be able to go and take out a neighboring crew and see what rewards are waiting for my crew and I. But what I've noticed is that either players are cheating with damage multipliers or they are just that good I've still been able to not determine. But to be able to combat some of this, I was thinking about adding armor slots. I saw with the imperial sovereign cosmetic that looks like armor! It got me thinking, I'd love to be able to add a piece of armor on top of my current gear that may help me take an extra shot or two from a blunderbuss or sniper without actually getting one shotted. The current cosmetics I see already look to have pieces of metal plating and other things on them, I thought in a PvP standpoint, we should be trying to earn coin to purchase not only cosmetics but pvp gear that would add armor to get an advantage over another player and/or crew.
    B.) Ship customization - as I described above, armor or re-inforced hulls, thick hide sails, or even the ability to punch holes in other ships sails would be an amazing addition. Maybe add an extra material like I.E. cloth, or leather into the world to use as another repair material.
    Ship Customization cont - to add to immersion, I was thinking with the lamps on the ship to be able to change the colors depending on trade company you are representing. I.e. red or yellow fire for gold horders, purple for souls of the ancient order, blue for merchants, and green or another color for legends.(or just change them all to different colors because you just want too :) )
    Flying colors allow other players to consciously differentiate themselves and it allows them to meet up with other like minded crews in the server.
    I also thought it would be really cool to be able to name your ship whatever you want, and have the label on the aft end of the ship.
    I also thought it would be great to add pirate lore, pictures of pirates, or even decorations to the ship. Finding random things in locations you could use to decorate your ship would add to the immersion factor.
    C.) NPCs - after watching the hungering deep trailer I thought there should be NPCs from the representing trading companies on the seas! I think the ships they would use would have to be very different from what we are using, but I thought it would be a cool way to add on to the immersion of the actual trading companies. Three outcomes can happen from approaching a NPC ship. 1. They will attack or run.
    2. They will call for parlay or you will.
    3. Grappling hooks that allow you to board a ship without having to sink it. (grappling hooks would be great for pvp. Being able to latch on to a ship as they are retreating would be AMAZING. Getting pulled on for the ride, and it would be up to the crew to knock these grappling hooks off!)
    D.) Deathtoll/Get your soul back: I know this was already proposed and denied once, but I wanted to revisit it and add a couple ideas. Doing a Skelly fort is troublesome enough, sometimes turning a 20 minute fort into a 4-6 hour struggle to maintain dominance. I think pvp should have a deathtoll. The idea would be to be able to pay Davy Jones(the ghost ship) for your soul back, but also spawn where you want to spawn on the map. All these locations would be different prices, but spawning close or near the Skelly Fort would cost you big coin. These ideas are forming from upkeep of the ship, you're paying to battle this specific crew for dominance of the fort. Also you are paying to have a fully stocked ship.
    But there's an alternative from only paying. I was thinking you guys could utilize the ghost ship or the idea of the land of the souls, to allow a player to complete a trial to get his or her soul back from the dead. (for free) there would have to be multiple different trials, but one gets chosen at random. Something that takes about 5 min to complete. (taking their mind off of revenge for the time being, and allowing them to become immersed in the land of the souls and complete a trial, and maybe even getting rewarded for it!)
    E.) Skelly Forts - There's a lot of forts to explore and it has came to my attention that only a select 2 or 3 pop off. (Sharkfin camp, keel haul fort, and maybe one other) Is this only happening to me or is it a thing? Because I think it would be awesome if all of them had the ability to become active. There's still countless forts I haven't been able to conquest to, because they never become active. (I have found on random forts there's gun powder barrels that are un obtainable) I.E. stuck under a platform)
    I was thinking maybe adding tiered Skelly Forts. One that pays about 13 - 15k like normal, another that pays 16-19, and the last that pays 20-25k. This would add more variety and also give the ability for multiple forts to pop at the same time, it would give new, intermediate, and advanced players sections to flock to! Utilizing the current platform, and adding even more immersion and fights!

These are just some of the ideas I've been having over the months of playing since Alpha. I hope you guys will take any of these ideas into consideration. I love this game and what it has to offer. I've been listening to my gaming community over the months and I'm certain these ideas will help the game turn into a force to be reckoned with! Thank you for reading my post, and I hope to see some Rare sails on the seas sometime soon! I want to battle ye scurvy dogggs! Fair winds and open seas!
    -DarkRadiou

• @khaleesibot I didn't know where to post my feedback, so I'll just post it here! :)

Hi everyone! I'm DarkRadiou, I've been here since alpha, and I've lived through and loved the journey I've taken through this world of Sea of Thieves! I broadcast daily, and clip bugs I find and intense moments! I just wanted to get in touch with everyone and share a few opinions I'd love to see in the future and touch on some current implemented features!
    I love the new mechanics of being able to pass a crew member items, it's fantastic. This just adds to the immersion 10 fold. All of the ship mechanics are amazing. It really makes you feel like you are sailing and you guys have done an amazing job so far!

Future update and content ideas:
    I've found through my gameplay I've noticed something's that may improve gameplay functionality and/or immersion.

A.) PvP - I love the PvP in this game. It feels so good to be able to go and take out a neighboring crew and see what rewards are waiting for my crew and I. But what I've noticed is that either players are cheating with damage multipliers or they are just that good I've still been able to not determine. But to be able to combat some of this, I was thinking about adding armor slots. I saw with the imperial sovereign cosmetic that looks like armor! It got me thinking, I'd love to be able to add a piece of armor on top of my current gear that may help me take an extra shot or two from a blunderbuss or sniper without actually getting one shotted. The current cosmetics I see already look to have pieces of metal plating and other things on them, I thought in a PvP standpoint, we should be trying to earn coin to purchase not only cosmetics but pvp gear that would add armor to get an advantage over another player and/or crew.
    B.) Ship customization - as I described above, armor or re-inforced hulls, thick hide sails, or even the ability to punch holes in other ships sails would be an amazing addition. Maybe add an extra material like I.E. cloth, or leather into the world to use as another repair material.
    Ship Customization cont - to add to immersion, I was thinking with the lamps on the ship to be able to change the colors depending on trade company you are representing. I.e. red or yellow fire for gold horders, purple for souls of the ancient order, blue for merchants, and green or another color for legends.(or just change them all to different colors because you just want too :) )
    Flying colors allow other players to consciously differentiate themselves and it allows them to meet up with other like minded crews in the server.
    I also thought it would be really cool to be able to name your ship whatever you want, and have the label on the aft end of the ship.
    I also thought it would be great to add pirate lore, pictures of pirates, or even decorations to the ship. Finding random things in locations you could use to decorate your ship would add to the immersion factor.
    C.) NPCs - after watching the hungering deep trailer I thought there should be NPCs from the representing trading companies on the seas! I think the ships they would use would have to be very different from what we are using, but I thought it would be a cool way to add on to the immersion of the actual trading companies. Three outcomes can happen from approaching a NPC ship. 1. They will attack or run.
    2. They will call for parlay or you will.
    3. Grappling hooks that allow you to board a ship without having to sink it. (grappling hooks would be great for pvp. Being able to latch on to a ship as they are retreating would be AMAZING. Getting pulled on for the ride, and it would be up to the crew to knock these grappling hooks off!)
    D.) Deathtoll/Get your soul back: I know this was already proposed and denied once, but I wanted to revisit it and add a couple ideas. Doing a Skelly fort is troublesome enough, sometimes turning a 20 minute fort into a 4-6 hour struggle to maintain dominance. I think pvp should have a deathtoll. The idea would be to be able to pay Davy Jones(the ghost ship) for your soul back, but also spawn where you want to spawn on the map. All these locations would be different prices, but spawning close or near the Skelly Fort would cost you big coin. These ideas are forming from upkeep of the ship, you're paying to battle this specific crew for dominance of the fort. Also you are paying to have a fully stocked ship.
    But there's an alternative from only paying. I was thinking you guys could utilize the ghost ship or the idea of the land of the souls, to allow a player to complete a trial to get his or her soul back from the dead. (for free) there would have to be multiple different trials, but one gets chosen at random. Something that takes about 5 min to complete. (taking their mind off of revenge for the time being, and allowing them to become immersed in the land of the souls and complete a trial, and maybe even getting rewarded for it!)
    E.) Skelly Forts - There's a lot of forts to explore and it has came to my attention that only a select 2 or 3 pop off. (Sharkfin camp, keel haul fort, and maybe one other) Is this only happening to me or is it a thing? Because I think it would be awesome if all of them had the ability to become active. There's still countless forts I haven't been able to conquest to, because they never become active. (I have found on random forts there's gun powder barrels that are un obtainable) I.E. stuck under a platform)
    I was thinking maybe adding tiered Skelly Forts. One that pays about 13 - 15k like normal, another that pays 16-19, and the last that pays 20-25k. This would add more variety and also give the ability for multiple forts to pop at the same time, it would give new, intermediate, and advanced players sections to flock to! Utilizing the current platform, and adding even more immersion and fights!

These are just some of the ideas I've been having over the months of playing since Alpha. I hope you guys will take any of these ideas into consideration. I love this game and what it has to offer. I've been listening to my gaming community over the months and I'm certain these ideas will help the game turn into a force to be reckoned with! Thank you for reading my post, and I hope to see some Rare sails on the seas sometime soon! I want to battle ye scurvy dogggs! Fair winds and open seas!
    -DarkRadiou

• Is there a reason a second sovereign set wasn't added? I'm not a big fan of the gold and purple, and every other faction got atleast 2 extras. I wouldn't mind a recolor or something making the chestplate basic steel or iron color or something similar.

• Hey, could we PLEEEEASSSSEEE get a Halloween themed event with some ship items like on the Ferry of the Damned? Please, oh please. Thanks!

• @bloodfrenzy187 I agree don't get me wrong they are not bad. But honestly im looking/ waiting for something along the lines of a all black set, like the ghost captains in the souls missions.
    But yes overall im wondering the same thing as you.

Postagens
Visualizações
73 de 86