SOT's biggest flaw (my opinion)

• @personalc0ffee sagte in SOT's biggest flaw (my opinion):

@blam320 said in SOT's biggest flaw (my opinion):

@eva1977 said in SOT's biggest flaw (my opinion):

@blam320 so long as Microsoft forces Rare to rely on previous-gen server hardware for the sake of Consoles

Please kindly stop spreading this misinformation. That is not the cause of the hit registration issues.

The hit registration issue is caused by many complex system interacting with one another and the boats. The boats are the most intensive things on the servers. Bullets and their drop are calculated by the system in real time. There are tons of complex calculations going on, that contribute to the hit registration issue.

It literally has zero to do with support for last generation consoles.

I know it is has been brought up in the official discord and it has been brought up on the official podcast.

Well, you can say its missinformation, but do you have any backup for that?
    Because, imho as a gamer, it seems pretty obvious the game is somewhat limited. And it seems natural and fitting this would be the forced old console support. I mean, with captaincy update it even was an official issue if I remember correctly..
    but also apart from that, its kinda obvious if you ask me.
    Surely the unreal engine cant be the issue, as we see what can be done with that in other games. Could be the programmers lack of skill. But i kinda dont believe that.
    I mean, you even talk about the complex calculations yourself. Now guess which hardware will have the biggest issue with dealing with complex codes.
    Yeah, thats right. Old hardware :)

• @parrotlord6426 said in SOT's biggest flaw (my opinion):

@personalc0ffee sagte in SOT's biggest flaw (my opinion):

@blam320 said in SOT's biggest flaw (my opinion):

@eva1977 said in SOT's biggest flaw (my opinion):

@blam320 so long as Microsoft forces Rare to rely on previous-gen server hardware for the sake of Consoles

Please kindly stop spreading this misinformation. That is not the cause of the hit registration issues.

The hit registration issue is caused by many complex system interacting with one another and the boats. The boats are the most intensive things on the servers. Bullets and their drop are calculated by the system in real time. There are tons of complex calculations going on, that contribute to the hit registration issue.

It literally has zero to do with support for last generation consoles.

I know it is has been brought up in the official discord and it has been brought up on the official podcast.

Well, you can say its missinformation, but do you have any backup for that?
    Because, imho as a gamer, it seems pretty obvious the game is somewhat limited. And it seems natural and fitting this would be the forced old console support. I mean, with captaincy update it even was an official issue if I remember correctly..
    but also apart from that, its kinda obvious if you ask me.
    Surely the unreal engine cant be the issue, as we see what can be done with that in other games. Could be the programmers lack of skill. But i kinda dont believe that.
    I mean, you even talk about the complex calculations yourself. Now guess which hardware will have the biggest issue with dealing with complex codes.
    Yeah, thats right. Old hardware :)

It has been talked about by the developers on the Podcast or live stream.

I actually think it was a panel where the audience asked questions and someone brought up the issue and pertained it to older hardware.

The dev team said a lot but it boils down to no it is not because they support the older console hardware.

• @personalc0ffee I mean of course they have to say that XD could you imagine them throwing their own mother company under the bus xd. I mean, think mate.
    Still, people are happy to speculate, are they not? I for once am pretty certain thats exactly the issue with SoT.
    But i guess there is nothing gained with debating that here. Just my humble opinion :)

• @eva1977
    Imo sot biggest flaws are its lack for player preferences.
    Griefers and their allowance to thrive because "It's a pvp pirate game."

Postagens
Visualizações
38 de 39