Let’s Expand Captaincy With Two Ship Requests and more Lodestar Themed Gear

• First of all, as a returning Sea of Thieves player, I’m glad I get to have Captaincy so I don’t have to customize my ship every time and give it a name. But there are two things I would love to see that contribute to the ship permanently. These are my requests concerning Captained ships:

1. Being able to purchase a permanent storage crate for your ship. Obviously we only get one. I can see purchasing a storage crate for 50K gold regardless of ship size.
    2. Being able to purchase a permanent rowboat for our ships. Also, if a captained ship has a permanent theme, the rowboat should be wearing the exact theme. I can see purchasing a rowboat for 100K gold regardless of ship size.

Is it wrong to admit that I wish I could have all my equipment in Lodestar theme? I would like to see that happen.

Postagens
    Visualizações
    merchandisefeedback
  • @l0g1c-b0m8 em...no...buy a storage crate or get one...they are washed up on the shores, or you sink a skellie ship, they always have one with them

Same with rowboats, you can find one on almost every island

And please, don’t come up with:
    bUt I wAnt ThE gAmE to DO tHiS wORk fOr me

• @schwammlgott said in Let’s Expand Captaincy With Two Ship Requests and more Lodestar Themed Gear:

@l0g1c-b0m8 em...no...buy a storage crate or get one...they are washed up on the shores, or you sink a skellie ship, they always have one with them

Same with rowboats, you can find one on almost every island

And please, don’t come up with:
    bUt I wAnt ThE gAmE to DO tHiS wORk fOr me

With the current system of the storage crates I fail to see why would you see it as a problem? I personally dislike the fact that you can buy them, regular pirates gain little advantage as like you said you find them anywhere, so this really helps server hoppers that want to pvp everyone.

Rowboats, I do not see a problem as long as it doesn't come attached to your ship but you would have to row it and dock it yourself. It really gives you no advantage and like you said they can be found everywhere, the only problem is some pirates will prefer harpoon some will prefer the cannon.

I could suggest to make them as expensive as the ghost items.

Regular (lantern) - 500k
    Harpoon - 1M
    Cannon - 1.5M

• @zig-zag-ltu imo, the actual buyable crates should be deleted...
    Rowboats to buy? No, and your idea about theyr price is like programming a dead feature

• @schwammlgott said in Let’s Expand Captaincy With Two Ship Requests and more Lodestar Themed Gear:

@zig-zag-ltu imo, the actual buyable crates should be deleted...
    Rowboats to buy? No, and your idea about theyr price is like programming a dead feature

So we are on same page regarding the storage crates.

Regarding the boats, I'm interested why do you think it would be a bad idea/exploited.

I kind of don't care for both. But can see why it would be a QOL upgrade for some people.

• heck im willing to pay over 1 million gold just to start with 5 more planks every time i sink or load in. I think they should have 5 tiers of permanent upgrades you can buy just to increase your starting supply by a little bit. i only bought supplies from the shipwright ONCE and i will never buy them again because its pointless to do so. Buying those supplies just like paying to repair your damage or save your cosmetics are just lame attempts at gold sinks in the game. While a lot of people might not think paying a large amount of gold (50 million for example) to boost your starting supply of food, wood, canon balls by say 20 would be that big of a deal it would just be a huge quality of life change for server hoppers to be able to set sail and be stocked enough to at least be able to handle some random pve encounters that seem to frequently hit you when you set sail. heck i ran into some kegs a while back and it was 9 planks to fix all the damage. The maiden voyage sloop for some reason is stocked much better than our starting ships, doesn't make sense. We start with pretty much the same amount of food we always have but the food is half as effective as it was since the introduction to other foods. Not sure why we even start with bananas when it should be coconuts at least since that's what the release build of the game was balanced off.

I would settle for starting with a storage crate but not sure how they would even go about that. However arena ships used to spawn with rowboats so that doesn't seem like it would be too hard a thing to setup.

But you mention the game saving your ship cosmetics so I guess you have lost tens of thousands of gold like the rest of us by playing too much and the game forgetting your saved stuff. I imagine the same issue would happen if they allowed you to spawn with a rowboat the game might just forget you paid a large sum to spawn with a rowboat. If you mean a indestructible rowboat however.... that would be a bit broken. Rowboats with treasure on them use up a lot of server memory so if a player loads up a row boat and leaves it behind for whatever reason it will despawn if no player is nearby. The server basically trying to delete assets that might cause server instability.

Considering they are going 1+ months between bug fixes for captaincy and the last one created even more bugs than it fixed and they don't seem in any rush to fix stuff that's frustrating a lot of the players I don't imagine making improvements to captaincy is even being considered right now as Skull & Bones is right around the corner and going to be trying to steal their players.

• @schwammlgott actually you are 100% wrong on the storage crate idea... Since you actually have to walk around the outpost looting the barrels with them. If anything they should let you buy a permanent one for your ship AND remove the ability to buy supplies from the merchant altogether because buying canon balls and wood from the NPCs is paying a very trivial amount of money so PvPers don't have to do any stocking just have the game do it all for you with a few clicks

• Captaincy needs to work before it's expanded...

• @zig-zag-ltu sagte in Let’s Expand Captaincy With Two Ship Requests and more Lodestar Themed Gear:

@schwammlgott said in Let’s Expand Captaincy With Two Ship Requests and more Lodestar Themed Gear:

@zig-zag-ltu imo, the actual buyable crates should be deleted...

So we are on same page regarding the storage crates.

Regarding the boats, I'm interested why do you think it would be a bad idea/exploited.

I kind of don't care for both. But can see why it would be a QOL upgrade for some people.

Not exploited, I think it would just destroy the purpose of finding them, especially the default rowboat won't be used anymore...what do you do, when you see a rowboat, but you already have a prefered one...you leave it there, maybe loot them...I guess this is also a performance thing maybe

And your suggestion with 500k...nobody would pay this, so that idea would be a dead feature, probably worse than the quest board

• @schwammlgott Everyone is paying 100k a pop for a trinket they wont use as soon as something new is unlocked and there is no outrage as I expected either.

Storage crates are still all over islands, I only bought the shipwright one once for a gally session. Different people find different things more suitable. Neither of two are a dead feature.

If they affect performance then I would understand, otherwise it would only add not take away from the game. You have a captained ship for 1Million, why not have a row boat ready as well, this is just the icing on the cake to make pirates life easier to those who like rowboats. Anyway, have a good mate.

• I don't think you should be able to buy a rowboat that comes with you're ship, but I do think it would be cool if you could equip rowboat cosmetics that get automatically applied when a rowboat is docked to your ship. That way you're entire ship can be themed, even when carrying a rowboat that would otherwise stick out like a sore thumb.

• As this thread was months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Postagens
Visualizações
merchandisefeedback
9 de 12