New Feature idea: portal to new ice map

• So I know I’m not the only one who has expressed interest in this, but just like we have a volcanic region in the Devil’s roar, it’d be amazing if we could have an ice region as well.

One issue I’ve heard with the idea is that if the map was expanded any more, the sense of “danger” would be reduced for potential pvp threats. As one who prefers pve, I naturally would be ok with this, but if that (or having servers maintain a map that large is an issue) why not make a portal that can take you to a “new area” of Sea of Thieves? This region could be its own map separate from the other, maybe on its own server, but still be small enough pvp could be a threat.

We’ve see this idea work with this current adventure, “A Hunter’s Cry” for the Sea of the Damned, so maybe this would be possible?

Even if not an ice region, at least being able to go to the Sea of the Damned and explore islands/places like the Tavern of the damned in A Pirate’s Life Tall Tale 3 or the place where you found the cursed captain (that was just a head) would be cool. Anyway, it just seems like a permanent addition to the map using the portal idea feels like it could be possible!

Postagens
    Visualizações
    feedbackgeneralquestionjust for funstory & lore
  • Ice world wouldn’t work. Why would it. Lore doesn’t talk about a frozen land beyond the shroud.

• @burnbacon said in New Feature idea: portal to new ice map:

Ice world wouldn’t work. Why would it. Lore doesn’t talk about a frozen land beyond the shroud.

yet we have glacial cursed pets....where did this curse come from, if not an ice land?

• @burnbacon said in New Feature idea: portal to new ice map:

Ice world wouldn’t work. Why would it. Lore doesn’t talk about a frozen land beyond the shroud.

Yeah, and lore didn't say anything about Wanda until she just showed up with a skeleton arm from finding old mate's cannon. Lore can be expanded on AND created, there's a certain distance back we can go back on "lore" until oops guess what we had to just magically create this thing to deal with this other thing and all that. Lore didn't talk about the Dark Brethren forming and becoming an anti-Flameheart force before APL but here we are.

If we're going strictly by lore terms then the game would be boring as hell, let's be real.

• @realwebber69 said in New Feature idea: portal to new ice map:

@burnbacon said in New Feature idea: portal to new ice map:

yet we have glacial cursed pets....where did this curse come from, if not an ice land?

This to be honest. Glacial pets…Frozen Horizon cosmetics and ship set…come on Rare…will you make this happen?

• @cyberguardian77 I fully support ice biom.

Rare can make something very unique out of it, the sound the graphics.

Postagens
Visualizações
feedbackgeneralquestionjust for funstory & lore
2 de 6