Is the inventory of a purchased ship saved after exiting the game?

• I'm very interested, if I buy my own sloop and take a lot of thing into the ship, for example, cannonballs and etc, will it remain on my ship after leaving the game? Or even with my own sloop I must every time buy or find those items?

Postagens
    Visualizações
    questionwindows 10general
  • @daddyreed1515 said in Is the inventory of a purchased ship saved after exiting the game?:

I'm very interested, if I buy my own sloop and take a lot of thing into the ship, for example, cannonballs and etc, will it remain on my ship after leaving the game? Or even with my own sloop I must every time buy or find those items?

No, it will not remain.

• @lem0n-curry said in Is the inventory of a purchased ship saved after exiting the game?:

No, it will not remain.

Meh, it's sad, very sad. I was hoping that this problem will be resolved by buying my own ship :(
    Do you know, is there any chances on adding this feature by Rare?

I'm sure, a lot of people almost tired of collecting food and cannonballs every session. Even if I buy those items for my crew, I would like not to lose leftovers. Why my ship damage is saving, but inventory is'nt, I'm so frustrated :/

• It's not that bad now with the Captaincy update. You can purchase stores from the shipwright or a storage crate from the Merchant Alliance, and with the new quick-store/take feature with containers you can load up all the stores from an outpost fairly quickly. There's a little cost associated with it, but the choice to work that cost is part of the gameplay.

My feeling is that they're handling the supplies aspect of running a ship pretty well.

• @daddyreed1515

No. And I empathize your frustration because I would like to save lantern flame colours and CCB's for cosmetic reasons.

Gamers are gonna be gamers and this would absolutely be abused.

• @daddyreed1515 said in Is the inventory of a purchased ship saved after exiting the game?:

@lem0n-curry said in Is the inventory of a purchased ship saved after exiting the game?:

No, it will not remain.

Meh, it's sad, very sad. I was hoping that this problem will be resolved by buying my own ship :(
    Do you know, is there any chances on adding this feature by Rare?

I'm sure, a lot of people almost tired of collecting food and cannonballs every session. Even if I buy those items for my crew, I would like not to lose leftovers. Why my ship damage is saving, but inventory is'nt, I'm so frustrated :/

Mainly because of the design choices the dev team made and how the update will be now, unless it is changed in the future, which I don't think it will. I personally like it that you can now buy supplies both from the shipwright and the merchant alliance rep. Buying from those two, it is more than enough to sail out, you get 100 cannonballs already just from buying them at the outpost and it's fairly cheap also, about 30k gold for all the supplies total.

If you don't want to waste leftovers after a gaming session, fill up a rowboat with your remaining supplies or a storage crate and leave it at the outpost where you log off. Sure you will not retain those supplies, but you can rest easy, thinking you just made another pirate's day, maybe someone who just logged on for their first time will come across an abundance of supplies. :)

Being nice in this game here and there can help alot to accustom new players and help them stick around for longer, since the first couple dozen hours are the roughest on any new players and a lot of them don't stick around. This is mostly because when they gather loot and a more experienced crew happens to cross them, most of the time they get sunk and their loot stolen. It's incredibly demotivating and most people up and leave the game at that point.

• I totally do this, @kozakderg, and always arrange my leftover storage crates with all the extra supplies by the Merchant Alliance. A few times there've been four or five open treasure chests at the gold hoarders - soo cool to imagine what their adventures were ...

• @garbhchu , yup, you're right, yesterday I was surprised, that I can buy those items in shipwright too and for low price. Thanx!

@kozakderg , I agree, nice pirate - best pirate in the sea. Yesterday I meet few pirates, they was emissary of The Gold Hoarders and I was wondered - they doesn't steel my crates and even wish me a good day :D
    I wish more players were so nice and kind

• if I buy a ship, and during a game that ship gets destroyed, will I still have my ship ?

• @giotizo Yes... the next session though your ship will be charred or planked all over depending on its demise.

• but will I need to buy another one with my coins ?

• @giotizo

No just pay for cosmetic repairs if you like. Around 5000 or so.

• As this thread was two years old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Postagens
Visualizações
questionwindows 10general
1 de 13