A sea of thieves movie!

• My idea is a sea of thieves movie, As the title say. The movie would use mainly all sea of thieves music and could be a live action or animated movie. What do you think?

Postagens
    Visualizações
    merchandisefeedbackcommunityjust for funstory & lore
  • Tbh i'd rather play the game, and would prefer they work on it, instead of trying to divert resources into a different medium.

Plus videogame movies usually suck!

• @skullboi22 AHOY! YES. This can make it in the future with Rare. They could pull it off because they already have plenty of material to work with, and I bet plenty of voice actors would love to have a role. This post here isn't meant to determine what the movie is. FYI, they suggest a movie, and any pals are all for it.

• @el-spaniardchi said in A sea of thieves movie!:

Tbh i'd rather play the game, and would prefer they work on it, instead of trying to divert resources into a different medium.

It's 2022, and we're talking about Rare. This isn't going to be like some Sonic or Pokemon movie stuff. They have the voice actors, the storyboarding, and writers for this. Plus, keep in mind movies take a separate team; usually, it's not like they will slow down. Plus, Rare deserves to make it in the film industry right now we could bet they make an excellent movie about FlameHeart or the Pirate Lord or even something completely new.

• A sea of thieves 80's/90's adventure movie with some of the greats in their prime in the acting roles would have been something I'd probably still watch to this day for sure. Was a cheesy, heartfelt and gritty enough time in cinematic production to capture the ins and outs of the experience nicely imo. Would be hard for me to accept a Pendragon that wasn't played by 90's Kurt Russell

Personally I think a modern movie would feel like a long twitch highlight video. Works great for a certain demographic but isn't likely to be something that I'd be too into.

Or it would try to take itself too seriously and I'd find it off-putting.

It would be a tough sell since the community that are really into the lore of the game isn't very large but I'm sure some people would adore it. Without really incorporating the lore for those that are passionate about the story it just becomes a forgettable cash in action/adventure movie that will probably miss more than it hits.

There are people that make little 6-10 minute videos as fans of the product that make content that really captures and understands SoT better than any large production could imo.

• @og-chaos5508 said in A sea of thieves movie!:

@el-spaniardchi said in A sea of thieves movie!:

Tbh i'd rather play the game, and would prefer they work on it, instead of trying to divert resources into a different medium.

It's 2022, and we're talking about Rare. This isn't going to be like some Sonic or Pokemon movie stuff. They have the voice actors, the storyboarding, and writers for this. Plus, keep in mind movies take a separate team; usually, it's not like they will slow down. Plus, Rare deserves to make it in the film industry right now we could bet they make an excellent movie about FlameHeart or the Pirate Lord or even something completely new.

It's personal opinion tbh. I can't stand watching movies, especially game movies. I'd rather play the game instead of watching some bigwig director's take on the story

• @skullboi22 disse em A sea of thieves movie!:

My idea is a sea of thieves movie, As the title say. The movie would use mainly all sea of thieves music and could be a live action or animated movie. What do you think?

I support the idea. There are dozens of absurdly well-made short films, a movie would simply be epic.

• @el-spaniardchi Of course. Didn't mean to seem like I was attacking your post there. I just expressed my opinion/viewpoint as well.

• @og-chaos5508 said in A sea of thieves movie!:

@el-spaniardchi Of course. Didn't mean to seem like I was attacking your post there. I just expressed my opinion/viewpoint as well.

Fair enough mate!

• perhaps it would do better as a TV series, they are too many characters and storys to cover in just one movie, it would be a better idea to stretch it out over several 40 minute videos.

• @pickelking101 said in A sea of thieves movie!:

perhaps it would do better as a TV series, they are too many characters and storys to cover i just one movie, it would be a better idea to stretch it out over several 40 minute videos.

If it committed to 3 seasons or less like many shows should have.

Stretching out story line for max profit is brutal towards overall quality of the product

a planned out miniseries can work. There are a lot of high quality miniseries that have been created.

• @wolfmanbush said in A sea of thieves movie!:

@pickelking101 said in A sea of thieves movie!:

perhaps it would do better as a TV series, they are too many characters and storys to cover i just one movie, it would be a better idea to stretch it out over several 40 minute videos.

If it committed to 3 seasons or less like many shows should have.

Stretching out story line for max profit is brutal towards overall quality of the product

true, we must always avoid profit centering things like movies, games etcetera, this being said lets see how the halo series turns out, fingers crossed XD.

Postagens
Visualizações
merchandisefeedbackcommunityjust for funstory & lore
11 de 12