Barrel Disguise Emote on Shop

• Please, set the Barrel Disguise Emote ( hide ) in the store. It's not fair that those of us who couldn't play Season 2 don't have access to the best emote in the game.
    Please at least put it in the pirate emporium
    Thx

Postagens
    Visualizações
    merchandisefeedbackgeneral
  • @heymarce4492 ahoy matey!

It has been stated before and I will state it now, that these items are coming back.
    Rare are just working out how to do this in a fair way for all.

• @heymarce4492

As much as I disagree with the concept of bringing back past seasons cosmetics, I think that the barrel hide emote as well as the dice emote should definitely find their way back into the game for players to obtain after a season is done. Not because the barrel hide emote is OP or because it gives you somewhat of an advantage, which it doesn’t, but it’s a nice way to interact with other players. Especially the dices. Therefore I think they should come back and they surely will.

Don’t want to be offensive here, but the „it’s not fair“ argument doesn’t make any sense at all. You haven’t been there to play the game, you don’t get the reward. You participated during that time, you get the reward. Easy as that. How could that possibly be unfair?

Actually it’s pretty fair in my opinion.

• @fred-fisheye dijo en Barrel Disguise Emote on Shop:

@heymarce4492

As much as I disagree with the concept of bringing back past seasons cosmetics, I think that the barrel hide emote as well as the dice emote should definitely find their way back into the game for players to obtain after a season is done. Not because the barrel hide emote is OP or because it gives you somewhat of an advantage, which it doesn’t, but it’s a nice way to interact with other players. Especially the dices. Therefore I think they should come back and they surely will.

Don’t want to be offensive here, but the „it’s not fair“ argument doesn’t make any sense at all. You haven’t been there to play the game, you don’t get the reward. You participated during that time, you get the reward. Easy as that. How could that possibly be unfair?

I don't mean to be offensive, but your arguments seem self-serving. Let's trust you are not one of those players who already have the Emote and do everything possible so that the rest do not have it.
    The Emote does make a difference, more or less, it depends on the player. But people use it in PvP, and if they use it, it's useful.
    Let all players have the same opportunities, even if they started playing yesterday.

Regards

• I don't mean to be offensive, but your arguments seem self-serving. Let's trust you are not one of those players who already have the Emote and do everything possible so that the rest do not have it.>

As I said before, I totally agree, that emotes - and emotes only - of past seasons should make a return. But trust me, I do not have any powers to do „everything possible“ so that other gamers can‘t have that emote. I‘m just writing down my opinion in a forum. 😉

Although I do have the barrel hide emote, I am sadly missing some of the time limited ship cosmetics given out with the Cursed Sails Update, cause I took a break from SoT during that time. Still, you won’t hear me complaining, because I wasn’t there to earn them. There’s nothing unfair about it.

So sorry, but you asking for a reward you didn’t earn seems pretty „self-serving“ to me.

But again: I get why you want it, although it’s barely useful against brand new players, and I‘m sure you will get it sooner or later. 👍

• The barrel emote hehe such a wanted emote because its op well my friend let me tell you something the barrel is a bit bigger then all of the others it doesnt not move with the ship and its always one color so its kinda easy find a tucker with set barrel

• Put it on the emporium and charge 5$ for it. You'll make a the Gold Hoarder jealous lol.

I'm going to restate that it is not good for actual hiding. The only players it would work on are players you wouldn't need the speshul emote for. It is not OP.

• It's not fair that those of us who couldn't play Season 2 don't have access to the best emote in the game.

Besides the idea it “Will appear in the shop in time”. Explain how this isn’t fair and why it’s such a disaster? It’s a emote not the end of the world

• The Barrel Hide emote isn't that good for tucking, which you seem to be implying. The barrel created is much larger than normal barrels, and on top of that anyone with a basic understanding of a ship's layout will find a stray barrel that doesn't fit in with the others.

• @icecube1940 @blam320 It's only larger than the barrels on the Sloop. It is the same size as all other barrels on the sea including those on the Brigantine and Galleon.

• @sweetsandman said in Barrel Disguise Emote on Shop:

@icecube1940 @blam320 It's only larger than the barrels on the Sloop. It is the same size as all other barrels on the sea including those on the Brigantine and Galleon.

But the bottom doesn't fit flush against the floor. I don't care they're bringing it back. Just quit acting like it's op 🙄

• @pithyrumble said in Barrel Disguise Emote on Shop:

@sweetsandman said in Barrel Disguise Emote on Shop:

@icecube1940 @blam320 It's only larger than the barrels on the Sloop. It is the same size as all other barrels on the sea including those on the Brigantine and Galleon.

But the bottom doesn't fit flush against the floor. I don't care they're bringing it back. Just quit acting like it's op 🙄

Agreed 100%. Anyone saying it's like some critical tuck emote are just wrong and/or bad at tucking.

• @heymarce4492 said in Barrel Disguise Emote on Shop:

Please, set the Barrel Disguise Emote ( hide ) in the store. It's not fair that those of us who couldn't play Season 2 don't have access to the best emote in the game.
    Thx

I’ve just posted the same thing also musicmee said it might becoming back

• @gaminghero6373

Not might.... WILL... but no timeframe on it...

• @musicmee fair enough what I am hoping for is new clothing and hairstyles.

• 4 years ago, I called this feature as a suggestion (see post and mini webcomic). As a returning player, I learned a few days ago that it WAS a thing in the meantime !... I'm so frustrated that I missed it and that it's not available anymore...

Barrel Disguise

Please Rare, do something... it's not only a cool emote, it's a real strategic advantage for those who unlocked it 😑

• @le-joli-rouge said in Barrel Disguise Emote on Shop:

4 years ago, I called this feature as a suggestion (see post and mini webcomic). As a returning player, I learned a few days ago that it WAS a thing in the meantime !... I'm so frustrated that I missed it and that it's not available anymore...

Barrel Disguise

Please Rare, do something... it's not only a cool emote, it's a real strategic advantage for those who unlocked it 😑

It's only a strategic advantage if you somehow miss the CLEARLY out-of-place barrel that isn't supposed to be there.

• Still, not everyone knows their ship by heart, when they're not on their guards or in a situation of panic it can be pretty easy to forget to check.

That being said it's not limited to ships, it's also great to hide on an island (as long as you're not spotted by monsters) or on an outpost 😎

• @blam320 if the target know there ship its easy to be spotted

• @fred-fisheye Ahoy, not sure if you understand this already or not, but I thought I'd share. Any cosmetics from a Seasonal Track which do not contain the Season's "name" will return after a lengthy period of exclusivity. Season names being the Shroudbreaker (S1), Ocean Deep (S2), Blue Horizon (S3), Siren's Wrath (S4), and most recently, Ancient Gold (S5). The paid "Plunder Pass" items are all confirmed to be items that were, are, or will be in the emporium, to prevent pressure-purchasing.

There are plenty of Season cosmetics which will be time limited, such as the flags, titles, scars, makeup, sails, and tattoos. The rest just aren't thematically sound to be time limited. Why would glowing eyes be a time limited thing, when glowing eyes on NPCs aren't? Some things make sense to be time limited. I fully support time limited items, so long as they are significant to their earning. I understand the Bone Crusher ship being time limited for the Cursed Sails event about Skeleton Ships. But if, for instance, Season 5's Captain Grimm's jacket was time limited when the season had nothing to do with Captain Grimm, that would be confusing.

Hope this helps!

• Any cosmetics from a Seasonal Track which do not contain the Season's "name" will return after a lengthy period of exclusivity. Season names being the Shroudbreaker (S1), Ocean Deep (S2), Blue Horizon (S3), Siren's Wrath (S4), and most recently, Ancient Gold (S5).

Okaaay, makes sense now. Good to hear! I think it should be written clearly somewhere in the seasonal pass to avoid this kind of mistakes... but if your reasoning is correct I'm feeling better already 😁

• @klutchxking518 sagte in Barrel Disguise Emote on Shop:

@fred-fisheye Ahoy, not sure if you understand this already or not, but I thought I'd share. Any cosmetics from a Seasonal Track which do not contain the Season's "name" will return after a lengthy period of exclusivity. Season names being the Shroudbreaker (S1), Ocean Deep (S2), Blue Horizon (S3), Siren's Wrath (S4), and most recently, Ancient Gold (S5). The paid "Plunder Pass" items are all confirmed to be items that were, are, or will be in the emporium, to prevent pressure-purchasing.

There are plenty of Season cosmetics which will be time limited, such as the flags, titles, scars, makeup, sails, and tattoos. The rest just aren't thematically sound to be time limited. Why would glowing eyes be a time limited thing, when glowing eyes on NPCs aren't? Some things make sense to be time limited. I fully support time limited items, so long as they are significant to their earning. I understand the Bone Crusher ship being time limited for the Cursed Sails event about Skeleton Ships. But if, for instance, Season 5's Captain Grimm's jacket was time limited when the season had nothing to do with Captain Grimm, that would be confusing.

Hope this helps!

Yes, I did know that. But thanks for explaining anyway. 🙂

I do know that some seasonal cosmetics will be coming back while others won’t. I just totally disagree with this decision (except for the emotes) and, to be honest, it doesn’t make any sense to me.

There’s just no point in playing seasons if rewards will make a comeback and therefore aren’t truly seasonal. Yes, there are some time limited exclusives. But it‘s always the same kind of cosmetics (flag, sails, tattoo and scarves), which is a bit boring in my opinion. I got thousands of sails …

The whole point of seasons in videogames is the limitation of time (however there are some events returning during a certain season of the year: Halloween or Christmas for example). Seasons in SoT only consist of cosmetics in the end. Making them obtainable to everyone, no matter if you actually have played the season or not, takes away the whole meaning of seasons.

• Barrel hide is not useful on ships and it's not hard to spot them on islands, such as forts. But, some people's eyes aren't as keen...

I guess?

Hide emote is more powerful, imo.

• Just bring back all the time sensitive stuff then. The legend curse isn't op, ship cosmetics arent op, no cosmetics or emotes are. There rewards for playing during a certain time. All or none is how it should be.

• @r3troraccoon Lucky for you! The season cosmetics not named after the season are all promised to come back!

• @fred-fisheye sagte in Barrel Disguise Emote on Shop:

@heymarce4492

The dice emote is tied to an achievement...so it's for sure, it's coming back...

• @burnbacon it's something cool to enjoy and just because some of us have lives and didn't play sea of theives 24/7 when season two was out doesn't mean it's "fair" that we don't get to use said emote. The folks with lives outside of video games don't mind throwing a couple bucks at the emporium.

• @stonedscott69 said in Barrel Disguise Emote on Shop:

@burnbacon it's something cool to enjoy and just because some of us have lives and didn't play sea of theives 24/7 when season two was out doesn't mean it's "fair" that we don't get to use said emote. The folks with lives outside of video games don't mind throwing a couple bucks at the emporium.

Larinna is selling it outside every tavern for a few doubloons.

• @jaegerdelta3465 this post was made 2 months ago, before she was selling it.

• @ninja-naranja not the one I quoted

• @stonedscott69 sagte in Barrel Disguise Emote on Shop:

[…] just because some of us have lives and didn't play sea of theives 24/7 when season two was out doesn't mean it's "fair" that we don't get to use said emote.

For reasons I mentioned earlier in this thread, I appreciate the return of the barrel and dice emote.

However, as an employee, who‘s working at least 60 hours a week, I can‘t take that argument for serious.

I easily managed getting level 100 while I was only playing a couple of hours on saturday. And the barrel emote was pretty low-level reward during season 2.

Honestly, achieving level 100 is not much of a challenge. And that‘s the way Rare wants it to be.

• @heymarce4492 said in Barrel Disguise Emote on Shop:

Please, set the Barrel Disguise Emote ( hide ) in the store. It's not fair that those of us who couldn't play Season 2 don't have access to the best emote in the game.
    Thx

Larinna sells it for 50 blue coins

• Ahoy!

Bumping old threads goes against the Forum rules. I will be dropping anchor here.

Thanks!

Postagens
Visualizações
merchandisefeedbackgeneral
32 de 33