PlayStation

• Hey everyone hope everyone is doing well. alot of my friends that I sail with are all convinced sot is a dying game. I absolutely love this game and will be heartbroken the day the servers are shut down. BUT I was thinking wouldn't it be in players and rares best interest if they opened the game for PlayStation it would definitely bring the player count up.

Postagens
    Visualizações
    feedbackgeneralxbox onequestioncommunity
  • The game is far from "dying". That's an incorrect perception banded around since even the early days of the game.

On Steam, just one of the platforms, there are around 30K playing the game as I type this - and that's likely the lowest of the 3 playerbases (Microsoft Store and Xbox consoles being the other two).

It's a Microsoft game so unlikely to be released on PlayStation. Though I'd say Microsoft is more open to the possibility of that than Sony is.

• @ivgotkrabs The game is consistently around the 20th most played game on Xbox Live every week going on 3 years now so is not even close to "dying" my dear Chicken Little. Your "friends" are believing and perpetrating a lie. No reason to let SONY have the game as it is very healthy as is.

• @ivgotkrabs This is the game that launched gamepass for Microsoft. SOT is the flagship of that fleet of games offered to attract new players and it worked like a charm.

I don't see how this game beloved by many in Steam and Microsoft is "dying" when it earns every year a new gaming award.

• @dlchief58 yea but wouldn't it be better with a new group of players?

• @ivgotkrabs said in PlayStation:

@dlchief58 yea but wouldn't it be better with a new group of players?

Of course it could be better with more players, he was just trying to get it across that the game is far from "dead". As was stated earlier though, that is sadly unlikely to happen. Not impossible perhaps, but I wouldn't bet on it.

• I think with how deeply integrated this game is into the Microsoft ecosystem, porting it to Playstation is probably quite a bit of work. If they wanted to do it, that would be cool but I wouldn't put much hope in that happening.

• Nope.

1. game isn’t dying. That will always be the biggest lie for another 8 years

2). PlayStation wouldn’t change.
    We’re already on PC and Xbox. Two big areas of gamers, one being the bigger of the two.

@dlchief58 yea but wouldn't it be better with a new group of players?

You need to remember that servers scale to meet the demands, that's why server merges exist. They don't have servers constantly up and spread out the population amongst them - they fill what they have and spin up new ones if needed, and vice versa.

I would never be against introducing new players but I think it will only increase (at least for a time) the feeling of "emptiness" on servers, which leads to this incorrect perception that the game is "dying".

What is likely happening is a combination of the game currently being down to 5 ships per server, and a lot of new players on the seas. The former is not ideal, but a necessary step for the stability of servers and, hopefully, they'll be back up to 6 ships sooner rather than later.

New players tend to sail around less, as low level voyages keep them around the same area. It also leads to less Emissaries, which reflects on the tables at outposts - again reinforcing the belief that servers are more empty than they are.

Adding PlayStation into the mix is not going to change any of that, other than in the opposite direction than you think.

• Tell ya what, you go talk to the Sony reps and get them to bring The Last of Us to Xbox. Once successful, we'll get to work on bringing SoT to PS.

• @hotklou9848 I'm not saying he is wrong about the game not dying he did bring up some great points it's just from my perspective and the people I sail with perspective. I just think it would help if Sony had access to this game (then maybe we could get Spiderman lol)

@hotklou9848 I'm not saying he is wrong about the game not dying he did bring up some great points it's just from my perspective and the people I sail with perspective. I just think it would help if Sony had access to this game (then maybe we could get Spiderman lol)

That is a naive and self serving opinion. You forget, even if it were under consideration (which it isn't, nor should be), this is basically an online game. As such it would require a Live account and a PS+ account. SONY players would have to subscribe to PS+ in order to play the game, but what about Xbox Live? Xbox players have to pay for Gold in order to play so what do we do about PS players? Do they get access for only the PS+ membership? If so, that cuts out a Microsoft revenue stream and is not fair to Xbox users. If they have to pay for Live and PS+ just to play this game, then not many SONY players will jump ship and balk at the added cost in order to just play the game.

Then there is development. Rare has not made a Playstation game so would be doing so from scratch. So there is not only a learning curve but additional resources in order to hire or train people to do this. Then there is development time - this would likely take at least 2 years to accomplish at which time the game would be near 6-7 years old! Doesn't seem to be a good investment, especially given the previous problems. And this would take resources away from the team that could be used to make NEW content and improve the game overall instead of wasting it on something that would benefit the competition more than Xbox.

Finally you have SONY....nuff said. I scoff at you thinking SONY was going to share ANYTHING with their competition. The only reason MLB The Show 21 was developed for the Xbox was because MLB forced SONY to do it if they wanted to keep their license. You (and everyone else) seems to have forgotten that SONY was the one who pioneered buying up exclusive deals and aren't about to stop that practice as they are still in that old mind set thinking exclusive content drives console sales (ignoring that outside of the big titles, most exclusives only have about a 1% sales penetration...and the big boys only get around 10% at best) and too stubborn to change that.

I personally think the idea is bad because in the end it would likely cost more to develop and implement than it would profit. And it would benefit SONY more than it would Microsoft, and we can't have that. It would have very little return on investment so is bad from a business perspective.

• Imagine, Spiderman in a pirate game..

• @personalc0ffee Imagine... jack sparrow in spiderman

• @wsurftvveeds "Where's the rum gone :("

• No no no no and a bit of no. Keep Sot Xbox and PC. There are plenty of people to sink already.

• SoT is made by Rare who is owned by Microsoft so the chances of a Microsoft game going to playstation is very very slim

Postagens
Visualizações
feedbackgeneralxbox onequestioncommunity
16 de 17