[MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.10 - Festival of Giving Discussion & Feedback

• Our final content update of the year is now available to download and play! Titled 'Festival of Giving', this content drop introduces some festive cheer to the Sea of Thieves through Gift Seeker Voyages, alongside the usual wave of new Black Market and Pirate Emporium cosmetics. Alongside that, you can also enjoy several new QoL improvements and a re-balanced sword combat system.

The latest release notes can be found here: https://www.seaofthieves.com/release-notes/2.0.10

This topic has been set up to provide feedback on the new features, updates and activities that update 2.0.10 brings.

As you participate in this thread -

Keep to the Pirate Code

As a reminder, the Pirate Code is more than just guidelines (though the reference really never gets old), but the rules of the community and game that we expect all members to abide by when participating on the forums. Any member who fails to abide by the code may find themselves put in the brig, or removed from the community.

We also have Forum Rules, which we moderate to.

This thread is for feature discussion and feedback only. If you're looking for help with anything then head over to the Gameplay Guides + Tips category linked below.

Are you in need of any help? Then look no further!

Postagens
    Visualizações
  • @takuboto nice mate

• @takuboto
    Sound mate

• Purchasing from this link

Isn’t downloading and attaching to everyone’s account @TakuBoto

• All of my old time limited commandations disappeared after I made the maiden voyage : this included those of Hungering deep (icon also disappeared), Cursed sails and all the time limited mercenary com' :'(

(It's just in the rep tab, I still have the titles in my accessory chest)

Edit : the bug is solved, thanks to the team for the quick response!

• @vill9222 Not receiving your items? We've just had this flagged as an issue and are working to rectify it. Purchases have gone through but the content just isn't showing up on accounts, but it will once the issue is fixed so please don't try to buy a second time!

Same goes for Ancient Coin bundles.

• I have loved the stuff you've added to the pirate emporium, and I like that I can buy things to support the development, but the new hide emote packs seems to go against the ethos of not providing any advantages with microtransactions. Even with one free emote, selling emotes that hide your gamer tag and might work better in certain situations provides an advantage—even if it's slight.

I'm disappointed with this pack, and I'm worried about what this means for future things in the emporium. I know it's a bit late to rework these as people have already spent real money on them, but if you can adjust these and make it right with those who have invested funds in it, I really think that would be best.

• @takuboto said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.10 - Festival of Giving Discussion & Feedback:

@vill9222 Not receiving your items? We've just had this flagged as an issue and are working to rectify it. Purchases have gone through but the content just isn't showing up on accounts, but it will once the issue is fixed so please don't try to buy a second time!

Same goes for Ancient Coin bundles.

Thanks for the quick response! I’ll let the people that reported it know, also a few reviewers of the item on the store are posting the issue “giving it 1/5 stars” so hopefully they don’t purchase it twice

• if only the spyglass glare could be removed again

• Far too many gifts to give to other crews. This should be halved. You’ve too much faith in the belief that forced engagement is fun... it’s not.

Furthermore, these sorts of events tend to be something you need to complete in week one, or else struggle like hell to find a crew still willing to help.

• Bilge rat emotes 😂 yeah love it 👍 hip

• I have just seen on socials and multiple streams, that most do not know where to turn the gifts in.

I raised this concern on Insiders and it looks like it was not answered.

Original Feedback Post

• Rare, you really need to look into how the sword wielding timing delay is affecting almost every single action while swapping weapons. Our muscle memory are used to left or right click while equipping items or weapons, but now we have to wait for the animation on that specific item to end before we can do anything. This causes major frustration in combat since your block or food can be delayed while swapping weapons. Even the sword dash is slower to strike and can even be delayed since block is delayed.

Just try to go from sword directly to a map, food, item or weapon and you will notice how your left/right click doesn't respond, you have to wait and click again.

This is very important and a huge issue at the moment. It makes things slower, "clunkier".

• My only complaint is that seasonal items aren't available without spending $. I'd prefer that they end up in the store after the event for people who weren't around but still wish they could have the items.

• @mathemoto deaf ears, mate.

The sword, one of the most important aspects of this game, pretty much ruined, atm.

• @marsmayflower said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.10 - Festival of Giving Discussion & Feedback:

@mathemoto deaf ears, mate.

The sword, one of the most important aspects of this game, pretty much ruined, atm.

The problem is not the changes to the sword per se, the problem is all the bugs that came along with it. Some mechanics got ruined with accidental delays. And that needs to be fixed.

• I have bot seen doublegunning (macro’d) so prevelent in a long time its insane no way to counter it, you focus on getting rid of the sword macroing and basicly making the sword pretty bad now seems to have forced more players towards this “strategy” and exploit...

It is insane and i have been adament on not macroing it myself uptill now, i just rage quit for the first time and am seriously considering plonking some code together that wil just do the macro as fast as registrable by the game because if you cant beat them join them right ?!?

I will take a break for now, might be a day might be a year but yeah you broke more then you fixed eith this one.

• No special song in the tavern, the sword block is not good when you pull out the sword, the quest is boring, getting keys is horrible, and the framerate is so glitched. Can i suggest you guys put some actual work in the game ?

• @takuboto

This update would be better if you gave us a gilded athena's quest to work on. ;)

P.S. where is our sea shanty Christmas music :(

[edit] Many of us are begging you to give us a gilded Athena voyage

• My Eye of Reach is Re-Scoping for no reason.

• @mathemoto the delays aren’t accidental. They are intentional and are supposed to help “balance” combat mechanics.

No words.

• Commendations for 2Face and The Duchess didn't pop.

• @kaloudz yes didn't realise that last time limited commendation is for completing all giving, so yeah that's 60!
    It might have not been to bad had it followed on from other events where this final completion commendation has not been time limited.

• Just had a helmsman lord despawn when at least one of the crew was still alive

• @scoobywrx555 said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.10 - Festival of Giving Discussion & Feedback:

Just had a helmsman lord despawn when at least one of the crew was still alive

That will happen. If you die and your crew are either a) dead too, or b) not in the immediate area of conflict, a despawn will ensue.

• I agree the sword exploit has to be fixed, but now, drawing your sword or any item/map feels unresponsive and very clunky. Please fix this in the next update.

The old Mercenary commendations are gone, as well as the Hungering Deep page.

Most of the new Maiden Voyage and Mercenary commendations, cosmetics and its descriptions are not translated into spanish. The new Nightsine parrow set is literally called in spanish "Parrot set that glows at night" It should be just "Loro Lunar" o "Brillo de noche". Something like that.

I take the opportunity to let you know that the Silver Blade ship is translated into spanish, as well as the Molten Sand fortrees. Proper nouns should not be translated.

• @kaloudz i was on the island alive, one died and one on the ship, it shouldnt have despawned. Has happened twice now.

• @scoobywrx555 said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.10 - Festival of Giving Discussion & Feedback:

@kaloudz i was on the island alive, one died and one on the ship, it shouldnt have despawned. Has happened twice now.

How odd. Just do the usual; bug report and wait for a fix.

• @timboagogo Agreed and then some. Had no commendations for either once each and then fought two face again right after and it gave a commendation that time. Seems random on them. Mutinous Helmsman worked fine every time.

• When the new bosses spawn there is no music. Also when they die, I miss a louder sound... Cause it's an anticlimax. Music will make the encounter more intense.

• @guilleont said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.10 - Festival of Giving Discussion & Feedback:

When the new bosses spawn there is no music. Also when they die, I miss a louder sound... Cause it's an anticlimax. Music will make the encounter more intense.

Are they region specific? I mostly only tend to get one of them over and over...

• Do we get credit for gifts given if we log off after leaving them under the tree if someone happens to turn them in?

I had a rather unfortunate disconnect and couldn't get back into my solo session. One gift ashore, 2 on my sloop along w/ 2 keys floating next to Reaper's Hideout.

Have no complaints about sword changes. Really LOVE the Maiden Voyage. Especially the ending 😁

• @takuboto

Some things that aren't good with this update...

• The *Give Gifts to other players"
      Well, it's good in theory but it doesn't work very well... And letting gifts on the table it's the same as asking to get a server merge and end up without gifts nor commendation progression... We're having 4 to 5 Servers merges during our gaming sessions, it's not advisable to let them on the table and go to our life at all

• Sword:
      Having +/- 1 second of action delay is a disaster for me. Everytime I press Attack it takes 1 second to react, it takes 1 second to defend, it often needs double click do perform a sword power, I block and suffer damage anyway... I simply can't get used to it.

• Radial itens delayed:
      It often needs double tap to use a selected item

• Rendering textures:
      It's back again... I suffered from this issue before during the anniversary update and now it's back. Sometimes the textures of my game don't render at all and everything looks dull... (The problem it's not in my end, and I have the game Installed in an SSD)

• Double Shooters everywhere:
      That's it... Everyone now seems to know how to perform this exploit and are abusing of it.

• Harpoons missing items right in front of us, passing through it .

• We have a lot of Ashen Chests but we cannot find keys anywhere.

• Well, at least the inventory glitch seems solved.

• @kaloudz dijo en [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.10 - Festival of Giving Discussion & Feedback:

@guilleont said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.10 - Festival of Giving Discussion & Feedback:

When the new bosses spawn there is no music. Also when they die, I miss a louder sound... Cause it's an anticlimax. Music will make the encounter more intense.

Are they region specific? I mostly only tend to get one of them over and over...

I haven't seen any pattern yet. I got the two-headed boss in a legendary voyage. The only ashen fort I've done and the rest of the voyages I always fought the Wheelman.

Postagens
Visualizações
30 de 57