World Events / Boss NPC's

• I figured this post could be full of world event ideas or changes to world events that are current. All world event ideas are welcome.

Some things I would like to see would be an improvement to krakens. Krakens are way too easy especially on a sloop and where they are so rare now the loot is not worth fighting them anyway. There needs to be a buff to the loot and even the difficulty to the kraken. At least when it comes to a sloop.

Kraken event: I think it would be cool to have a Mega Kraken or multiple krakens in an event. (two or three rounds of krakens similar to a skeleton fleet) Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like the Megalodon from the hungering deep was bigger than what the megs are now. If I'm correct they could make a bigger kraken. One that could be related to "Old Mother" as the lore states. Or like I said a Kraken event. Maybe if they were to bring back Davy jones and he can summon multiple krakens. You would go to the event. Start off fighting the Flying Dutchman, then he drops his anchor and summons a Kraken. You have to fight the kraken while the dutchmen does a wide circle around the ink shooting at you. Once you beat the Kraken, Fight the dutchman again. Then again after you "Beat" the dutchmen he drops anchor and you fight another Kraken.

Grand Maritime Union Fleet. It would be neat that if they were to eventually bring in the Grand Maritime Union and you team up with Flameheart (For lore sake) or even just by yourself and fought off a fleet of Grand Maritime Union ships. I'm still trying to think of ways to make it different than just a reskin of skeleton fleets but it would be nice to have a change of pace. Plus if they make them look like regular galleons, brigs, and sloops another person might be able to sneak in and surprise the people doing the event. Especially if you were to unlock GMU's sails after completing it a certain amount of times.

Views
    feedbackevents
  • I can't say we need a Mega Kraken lol; but with the release of the full body view in a Pirates Life, maybe an updated Kraken encounter involving the tentacles and the full body where you would have to attack the head as well.

alt text

alt text

The loot does need an increase for how rare the encounter can be. As you said it is barely worth it on the sloop and the difficulty is far too easy; at least on the sloop.

A Davy Jones event would be cool to. It could use the cloud of his head like in "Lords of the Sea" and maybe include elements of all is encounters during all of A Pirates Life tall tales. Like Ocean Crawlers jumping on your boat for example during the event. I actually wouldn't if that happened while you were sailing either; maybe I am a glutton for punishment though!

alt text

The original promotions of Megalodons did make it seem overwhelmingly bigger than they are now but it could just be the angle. I actually didn't get to play during the Hungering Deep event unfortunately.

alt text

In a Tale of Two Captains they reference a specific version of the Shrouded Ghost called "The White Lady" this would be a cool event to add! It also mentions something about it diving down underwater to heal unless you have Merricks drum and continuously play during the encounter to keep it from diving deeper and healing itself. I think that is actually a pretty sweet concept I am not going to lie!

• @voshell said in World Events / Boss NPC's:

I can't say we need a Mega Kraken lol; but with the release of the full body view in a Pirates Life, maybe an updated Kraken encounter involving the tentacles and the full body where you would have to attack the head as well.

alt text

alt text

The loot does need an increase for how rare the encounter can be. As you said it is barely worth it on the sloop and the difficulty is far too easy; at least on the sloop.

A Davy Jones event would be cool to. It could use the cloud of his head like in "Lords of the Sea" and maybe include elements of all is encounters during all of A Pirates Life tall tales. Like Ocean Crawlers jumping on your boat for example during the event. I actually wouldn't if that happened while you were sailing either; maybe I am a glutton for punishment though!

alt text

The original promotions of Megalodons did make it seem overwhelmingly bigger than they are now but it could just be the angle. I actually didn't get to play during the Hungering Deep event unfortunately.

alt text

In a Tale of Two Captains they reference a specific version of the Shrouded Ghost called "The White Lady" this would be a cool event to add! It also mentions something about it diving down underwater to heal unless you have Merricks drum and continuously play during the encounter to keep it from diving deeper and healing itself. I think that is actually a pretty sweet concept I am not going to lie!

With the amount of reskins they have done to events, I would like a reskin or be able to fight the Megalodon the old way again. I had a lot of fun during that event.

As for ocean crawlers boarding your boat, I'm torn. They would need to make it where they cant board your boat while you're off of it. Like if you were to shoot off at an island and get supplies and let your ship keep going towards your destination. I would hate to come back to my boat and I'm instantly attacked by an ocean crawler as soon as I spawn in because I got "Boarded" while I was getting supplies. Also Im sure those who tuck on other boats would get annoyed for multiple reasons. If they tuck and make a play and get their boat they get attacked as soon as they go back to their boat or if they were tucking on someone's boat and they get attacked by an ocean crawler messing up their tuck. Where tucking seems to be more and more common in some streamers I can't see them doing that.

• @Cloud1043

I think it would make tucking more exciting ; )

Obviously there would kinks that would need to be worked out but it could spice up sailing when nothing else is happening that is for sure; and who can say no to loot that comes to you!

Maybe put a barrier in place where the full crew had to be on the boat before it could occur.

@Cloud1043

Obviously there would kinks that would need to be worked out but it could spice up sailing when nothing else is happening that is for sure; and who can say no to loot that comes to you!

Maybe put a barrier in place where the full crew had to be on the boat before it could occur.

That could work. I think it should limit that the big ocean crawlers can't board a sloop with it's hammer attack there's not much room to dodge it. You'd either get killed or blown off your boat. The poison and shocking eel one would be fine but the big crab would have to be a brig or galleon only since theres more room to move around on.

• @cloud1043 said in World Events / Boss NPC's:

@voshell said in World Events / Boss NPC's:

@Cloud1043

That could work. I think it should limit that the big ocean crawlers can't board a sloop with it's hammer attack there's not much room to dodge it. You'd either get killed or blown off your boat. The poison and shocking eel one would be fine but the big crab would have to be a brig or galleon only since theres more room to move around on.

That is probably a legit concern on the sloop regarding the Ocean Crawler Crab. His ground slam would encompass the whole sloop and knock you off every time lol. You would have to go below deck at the very least but still take considerable damage.

alt text

@cloud1043 said in World Events / Boss NPC's:

@Cloud1043

The is probably a legit concern on the sloop regarding the Ocean Crawler Crab. His ground slam would encompass the whole sloop and knock you off every time lol. You would have to go below deck at the very least but still take considerable damage.

alt text

I could also see a problem trying to go below deck is if it follows you, your pretty much S.O.L. as it would most likely block you on the stairs and you couldn't come back up.

Also one concern about ocean crawlers boarding I just thought of is during PVP especially if your solo. You could get absolutely "Rared" and be outnumbered by an ocean crawler and others boarding your boat. best case scenario... 1v1vOC worst case scenario... 1v4vOC. you wouldn't stand a chance. There's been time I've barely survived player boarders while my mast is down and full of holes and managed to get out alive. That would be frustrating if I outplayed a player to survive and then get killed by a random encounter of a Ocean Crawler.

• Tip: if these are genuine suggestions, put them in the Feedback & Suggestions subforum category. For legal reasons, Rare won’t pay attention to ideas outside there - as by posting in Feedback & Suggestions, you give up ownership of the idea (as per the agreement at the top).

Now that’s out of the way, a bit of lore... the Kraken we fight in the world event is not the same as the Kraken from the second A Pirate’s Life Tall Tale. The reason we don’t see its face is that it was blinded by Ramsey the last time it showed it (Athena’s Fortune novel). So it stays below the water, and colours it black with ink. Not saying we can’t have a different Kraken encounter, but that’s the in-universe explanation.

you team up with Flameheart

I don't team up with cry-babies.

• @realstyli I will be sure to put that in he subform category thank you.

As for the Kraken and it being blinded by Ramsey, I remember reading that, but I feel like in the world of Sea of Thieves with so many kraken skeletons around that there surely has to be more than one (or two counting the tall tale) krakens in the world so that's where I agree that we could have a different Kraken encounter.

• lol. Well you never know... might happen one day. Who knows what Rare has up their sleeves

@Cloud1043

The is probably a legit concern on the sloop regarding the Ocean Crawler Crab. His ground slam would encompass the whole sloop and knock you off every time lol. You would have to go below deck at the very least but still take considerable damage.

alt text

I could also see a problem trying to go below deck is if it follows you, your pretty much S.O.L. as it would most likely block you on the stairs and you couldn't come back up.

Also one concern about ocean crawlers boarding I just thought of is during PVP especially if your solo. You could get absolutely "Rared" and be outnumbered by an ocean crawler and others boarding your boat. best case scenario... 1v1vOC worst case scenario... 1v4vOC. you wouldn't stand a chance. There's been time I've barely survived player boarders while my mast is down and full of holes and managed to get out alive. That would be frustrating if I outplayed a player to survive and then get killed by a random encounter of a Ocean Crawler.

The ocean crawlers could benefit you and attack the players trying to board ; )

• I always hoped for Pirate Legend exclusive events. I envision there being a portal in Athena's Hideout that brings you to a dungeon instance with other pirate legends. These dungeon instances will have tougher enemies and boss battles with much more difficult bosses than what currently exist in the game.

This would allow you to actually have fun lvling up your Athena reputation and give new players something to look forward to other than cosmetics after becoming a Pirate Legend.

The whole Pirate Legend/Athena Faction is in dire need of a overhaul when it comes to the content they provide.

@Cloud1043

alt text

The ocean crawlers could benefit you and attack the players trying to board ; )

I've been thinking and I think maybe a way they could incorporate the ocean crawler boarders (again just the electric and poisonous ones for sloops) would be if they had random attacks from Davy Jones' Flying Dutchman, similar to a Skeleton ship being randomly spawned on you. I think a random flying dutchman fight might be pretty cool. It could drop good amount of loot (similar to the skeleton captain in the skeleton fleet) since it would be tougher.

Views
feedbackevents
11 out of 14