Yee old Black Screen of Depression

• My buddy and I have been playing since launch. We've seen plenty of black screens in our adventures... but today was unique. We're sailing a sloop and loaded up with treasure, quickly trying to sell at the sovereign. Brig rolls up and circles but cannons out two. We skirmish and both my buddy and I get to enjoy a short duration on the ferry but... but then were greeted both to a black screen where we listen for 3-5 minutes of them harpooning and selling all of our loot. Eventually they start to sink us and after a long time wasted, and having zero chance to engage were finally get to go back. 0 opportunity to even play. Why can't the black screen of death be fixed? If its a technical issue like spawn point camping or whatever let us at least spawn as phantoms that cannot fight until we materialize or something. Long time fan of the game, first time peeved enough to complain.

Wyświetlenia
  • Yeah this one sounds weird, any chance your internet connection was not that great?

Usually the longer loading screen happens to myself at least is when you sink and your about to spawn into a new island, or when you will be sunk, but you kind of manage to jump back to your ship before it is completely submerged in water. So the game somehow can not decide, wether to let you spawn back on the sinking/sunken ship, or spawn you in a new island. Most of the times I spawn 1-2 meters under water and I get stuck on the sinking ship, which is infuriating when you try to go out kicking and wanna kill the other crew or even do something to their ship while you still have a chance

• @zig-zag-ltu my buddy is up in Washington and myself in Arizona. Him on an Xbox and me on a pc. Both of our pings were fine. What you described is my normal experience with black screens. That’s why this was so unusual, it was different. Both black and we could clear as day heat them harpoon, turn in, and then assault the ship. It wasn’t a lot of loot (two veils worth) but they had all the time in the world. Not sure if there was some exploit being leverage or what

• @thrustfulguide said in Yee old Black Screen of Depression:

@zig-zag-ltu my buddy is up in Washington and myself in Arizona. Him on an Xbox and me on a pc. Both of our pings were fine. What you described is my normal experience with black screens. That’s why this was so unusual, it was different. Both black and we could clear as day heat them harpoon, turn in, and then assault the ship. It wasn’t a lot of loot (two veils worth) but they had all the time in the world. Not sure if there was some exploit being leverage or what

2 veils not a lot of loot?

Any 1 Athena voyage is a lot of loot!

You should have turned in after completing the 1st voyage in order to minimize your losses.

Black screen or not, this mistake is on you.

...and knowing that you black screen often is even more reason to do it! 🙄

• @galactic-geek when I go sailing with my mates we usually have 5 times that on turn in. That makes it more fun. I really don’t care about loosing the loot it’s no big deal. That’s not the point. The point is the black screen issue has been there since day one and if that happens it makes faster respawn times for sloop moot. As software developer myself I’m thinking to myself what is happening here that cannot be solved. I’m receiving all of the events because I can hear all of the activity. I just don’t believe that rare intends for the gameplay to be like that. The sovereign area is new and this black screen behavior I have not seen before. I’ve seen black screens of course. Just not where your boat has no damage and the whole crew is waiting to get back in. Arena had black screens but rare was able to resolve it there. Just simply saying in this instance combat was the expected game experience was very much broken.

• @galactic-geek and we did turn in the Athena from the first go. We actually were turning in the first veil and had a galleon roll up so we boogied. We never really stack Athena chests. Veil voyages well turn in once we hit grade 5 so that we can toss down and toss up Athena again. Playing for 4-5 years, knocking out all most all accommodations, purchasing all most all there is to purchase, at this point the loot really has little value. The experience matters a lot more. I have little down time to enjoy a game…

• Long black screens have been a thing for the past several months, though I forget which update they started. For me, it only happens during pvp/proximity to other player ships and it sounds like you received that treatment. Usually around 2-3 minutes

• It really sucks when a gamebreaking issue like this just stays in the game for years. I've reported the bug to support before, with video evidence and they said it was my connection's fault. I'm using fiber optic cable with 100/30mbps connection.

Wyświetlenia
7 z 8