I Kind of Wish...

• There were Single-Player flags that you could fly to turn off the PvP. Hear me out:

When you're playing solo; you are at such a massive disadvantage against even duos and basically can't win against 3+ unless you MASSIVELY out-skill your opponents.
    Why?
    Because they can maneuver AND shoot. You can't. You can't fire your cannons from the helm (that I know of).
    They can sneak aboard your ship while guarding theirs. You can't.
    They can steal treasure AND fight you. You can't.
    They can: Fire at you, maneuver their ship, AND repair any damage you do, all at once. You can't.
    Basically, they can be in 2, 3, or 4 places at once. You can't.

Sailing solo is such a hard-mode that it's almost not worth playing unless you enjoy the massive challenge.
    Add onto that the fact that a Kraken attack is certain death: If it grabs you, you can't get free alone, and good luck killing 8 tentacles before it sinks you. You can't fight it AND repair damage.

And there's a built-in balance to this already in-game; If you're sailing the anti-PvP flag; you are not sailing any other flag. No rep boosts, no PvP flag. Nothing.
    And here's more balance:

• It only works if you're solo. Get a second crewmember; the flag unequips, even in the middle of a voyage.

• Ships that are flying the flag could appear silvery, or see-through; something to let people know at a distance 'You can't attack this' to prevent wasting time and ammo.

• Any cannons the ship fires at people or player ships go through them harmlessly.

• Heck, if you want to get goofy; the Ka-boom sound effect of cannon fire could be replaced with a loud BA-GAWK! of a chicken. So people know, right away, that it's harmless. No trolling allowed!

• It only works against PLAYERS. Skeleton ships can still be fought, and can still sink people flying this flag.

• And, lastly; if players get more than a certain value of treasure on their ship; it turns off the no-PvP flag. To prevent using this to accrue massive treasure runs with less threat. Of course; there's still the Kraken and Meg to punish that, too.

I mean, I get it; PvP is part of the game. I've said that myself in other threads. I'm mostly venting, and I like thinking up solutions to problems. Even just hypothetical ones.
    But I hate that I can't enjoy SoT solo when my friends are busy, because the game mechanics are not designed for it.
    And the last few times I joined a pub crew (Which has not been for a LONG time. I mean YEARS); they'd get my help, then kick me before turning in treasure. So I don't pub anymore.

But what would people think of it? I mean, put aside 'It won't happen at all.'
    Would this be a fair solution?

Wyświetlenia
    just for fungeneral
  • @eguzky said in I Kind of Wish...:

Add onto that the fact that a Kraken attack is certain death: If it grabs you, you can't get free alone, and good luck killing 8 tentacles before it sinks you.

Actually, Kraken difficulty scales with the ship, so they are pretty manageable on a sloop. If you see wind gusts, run below until it stops trying to suction you up. If it wraps the ship, don't shoot the tentacle wrapped around you. Shoot the short tentacle that's dancing about the side of your ship.

Take out 3 or 4 tentacles (I forget which) and you'll be golden. Or you can just position your sails and hide out below decks, repairing holes until you've escaped it's oil-slick.

• I thought you could not get away once it appears? Like, that you stopped dead in the water.
    So you can slowly sail away form the Kraken? That must take allot of Timber to fix holes, though! Still, it's an alternative I did not know existed, so thank you for the info. :)

Also, I could not quote you, Hombre, has the first half of your name is a prohibited word?

• @eguzky said in I Kind of Wish...:

I thought you could not get away once it appears? Like, that you stopped dead in the water.
    So you can slowly sail away form the Kraken? That must take allot of Timber to fix holes, though! Still, it's an alternative I did not know existed, so thank you for the info. :)

You go very slowly through the ink, also a slap from a tentacle changes your course ...

Before it slaps or sucks, try to kill as many tentacles as you can - beware to go below deck in time though (to repair and/or bucket and not getting grabbed). When dry and no suction, try to take out another tentacle (or two), and she gives up.

• @lem0n-curry said in I Kind of Wish...:

@eguzky said in I Kind of Wish...:

I thought you could not get away once it appears? Like, that you stopped dead in the water.

You go very slowly through the ink, also a slap from a tentacle changes your course ...

Before it slaps or sucks, try to kill as many tentacles as you can - beware to go below deck in time though (to repair and/or bucket and not getting grabbed). When dry and no suction, try to take out another tentacle (or two), and she gives up.

Thank you for the info. :)

• There were Single-Player flags that you could fly to turn off the PvP. Hear me out:

Lock it. No safety nets or Pvp protection.

• The team has given their thoughts and sentiments towards the state of the PvPvE nature of the game here so feel free to look that over at your next earliest convenience. But with that said, we will go ahead and drop anchor here. Thank you.

Wyświetlenia
just for fungeneral
6 z 7