PC Keybinds need to be reworked.

• The keybinds for Sea of Thieves are inconsistent and annoying to remember and they need to be reworked.
    Closing menus is sometimes the interact key, sometimes X, and sometimes ESC. X and ESC are not able to be changed.
    Talking to NPCs is sometimes the interact key and sometimes the secondary interact.
    It almost feels completely random and it's incredibly frustrating to keep track of all these inconsistencies.
    I searched around on Reddit and the forums for about an hour for any possible way to rebind these to be consistent and it seems there isn't a way to do that without third party clients, which is unacceptable. No one should have to use third party clients and risk their account being banned for keybinds that make sense.
    Please just watch this video, I found it while searching for a fix for the keybinds and it will do a hell of a lot better of explaining everything than I could. I love this game but these keybinds have been an issue for far too long. Please fix the PC keybinds.

Wyświetlenia
    windows 10feedback
  • The video makes some good points, but on others I think he's approaching it from a different perspective which might not be correct.

Why is the key to talk to NPCs not the primary interact key? Because that isn't their primary function - which is to sell things to, so you use the primary interact key for that. It makes sense in this context. Should it be changed? Maybe, but I think it works fine this way.

Merging functions for a button press and a hold function sounds good, until you remember that there are accessibility settings that allow you to perform hold actions without having to actually hold the key down. Merging press and hold actions onto the same key would make it impossible to perform the press actions if you have this turned on.

• @d3adst1ck You make some good points, and I agree with them. Personally I don't like the "equipment clusters" as the video calls it, I was mainly linking to it to show that there could be way more options for keyboard binds. And about the NPC buttons, it could be possible to have it on the same button. If holding a chest it would sell the chest, and pressing interact without a chest would talk to the NPC. Again, it doesn't need to be changed. It would just be nice to have a universal button for things like that based on context.

The way I would personally fix it would be to add the universal NPC talking button, and to allow keys to be bound on more than one option and pressing it would swap between them if the binds overlap. This way the option would be there for people that like the equipment cluster concept, but they aren't forced to use it. More options for control schemes are always good, though I don't believe they should be forced onto all keyboard players.

• and all this is more frustrating if you're a leftie
    imagine having to look away from the monitor every time you open a barrel or a storage crate and then having to move your hand from the arrow keys to he opposite side of the keyboard...not a problem if you are taking a stroll but it can be a matter of life or death during a fight

Wyświetlenia
windows 10feedback
1 z 4