Announcing the First Annual Cutthroat Charity Arenathon!

• As some of you are probably aware, I was one of the first people to raise money for charity through 'Sea of Thieves.' Over 500$ was donate to the Wounded Warriors Project back in 2017. A record of this endeavor is available at https://www.seaofthieves.com/community/forums/topic/56350/rescue-a-pirate-save-a-soldier

More recently, I helped several members of the community raise 450£ for Tommy's, an organization that uses donations to fund research into miscarriage, premature birth & stillbirth, and provide free pregnancy health information to parents-to-be.

Since then, I have been trying to figure out how to contribute to the charity scene in a way that the community hasn't seen before - and in a manner that wouldn't leave me penniless after the fact. And what's when I came up with the idea for the subject of this post.

A Cutthroat Arenathon event will occur every December 22nd of the year. From early morning to late afternoon, Pacific Standard Time, I and three other pirates will set sail in the Arena aboard a galleon and attempt to earn as much silver as we possibly can during each match. The final total will then be converted into dollars and submitted to a charity that will be chosen beforehand.

Every thousand pieces of silver earned will equate to a United States dollar (USD). That means that if our ship happens to accumulate, say, over 5,000 pieces of silver by the end of one match, the chosen charity will be due 5$. However, shoulder our crew happen to find themselves serving aboard the Good Boy, that donation will automatically be doubled at the end of the match; 5$ becoming 10$.

Now, unfortunately I cannot stream these events. I lack the capability. However, I do know some people who can. If it turns out that they are willing and able to on the day in question, I will put out a Tweet (@SkolDuggary) with the #BeMorePirate and #SeaOfThieves hashtags so that the community will know when and where to tune in!

Regardless of whether or not the event is streamed, I will be submitting screenshots of the donation page after the fact, so that everyone knows that I'm not just blowing smoke!

Thank you, whoever you are, for taking the time to read this message. If it resonates with you, I implore you to ❤ it and spread it around with the #BeMorePirate and #SeaOfThieves hashtags included!

See you soon, mateys!

Wyświetlenia
    xbox onecommunityjust for funwindows 10events
  • Well, I will have to blow some dust off my stream. It's been almost 4 years but you know... for charity.
    I will proudly sail with Nex and see what we can achieve.

• After much deliberation with my crew, we have decided to cancel this voyage. The logistics of working with people from two different corners of the world aside, it has proven all-but-impossible to get into a single Arena match.

My core crew and I spent the better part of two hours yesterday, swapping back and forth between US and EU servers, trying to get some practicing in before tomorrow's event. Oftentimes there were only just one or two people missing from one of the other ships, preventing a match from starting. When we finally did find ourselves able to set sail, the server was so unbelievably laggy that the match was practically unplayable for all parties involved.

And then there is just the lack of interest to consider. 410 views, no upvotes and the only response coming from someone that I was already scheduled to play with? Granted, we were planning to do this regardless, but that disinterest was disheartening to say the least -- for all of us.

So yeah. Unless Rare decides that Arena is worth fixing, this non-starter will more than likely not be attempted again.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message, pirate, whoever you are. May the wind be forever at your back, your voyages lucrative, and your holiday festive.

See you on the Sea of Thieves.

• Sorry this didn't work out

hopefully something else finds its way to you

appreciate your efforts

• @wolfmanbush Thank you, matey.

Wyświetlenia
xbox onecommunityjust for funwindows 10events
3 z 6