Here's What's Next

• In response to my initial question from It looks like we're going to have a flarey good time!:

https://twitter.com/SeaOfThieves/status/1464263046889672718?t=QRW4AmCJ3Xcl0Rje3AWHfA&s=19

I hope you can you dig it, because you won't be able to bury the truth. 😁

UPDATE:
    https://twitter.com/SeaOfThieves/status/1464625195877117955?t=N5ZteigPDjWBGlAzR3beYg&s=19

Release date, new title screen, rats, dice, sword shishkabobs, and more confirmed! 😄🎉

Wyświetlenia
  • yeah

I'm gonna go ahead and just keep selling it or leaving it if I don't want it lol

• Updated my initial post with newer info. 😉

• Dig something up. Don’t want it? Bury it.

• @galactic-geek said in Here's What's Next:

Updated my initial post with newer info. 😉

People will be talking about the fireworks and the rats and the dice

but I'm look at that sword and thinking "are we gonna get kabobs?"

• @wolfmanbush said in Here's What's Next:

@galactic-geek said in Here's What's Next:

Updated my initial post with newer info. 😉

People will be talking about the fireworks and the rats and the dice

but I'm look at that sword and thinking "are we gonna get kabobs?"

...and sitting too! Pirates can actually start sitting at tables and rolling dice while they tell stories (while holding rules books) of their grand imaginary adventures upon the Sea. I call it,

"Ships, Seas, and Krakens - 1st Edition"

(A riff on D&D) 😅

• Idk how I feel about rats, guess it depends on how they are implemented.

• Burying a treasure chest was one of the first couple of things I tried to do when I played the game for the first time. It just seemed... basic to the whole pirate theme, and I was surprised you couldn't do it.

Later I came to realize that you can always just hide stuff on islands when in need, which is just as effective, but has the added risk that someone could always stumble upon it by chance. I wonder if burying things for real will have a risk component too (not remembering exactly where you placed it?).

Release date, new title screen, rats, dice, sword shishkabobs, and more confirmed! 😄🎉

Sword shishkabob?

Edit: nevermind, I see it. Thought I was missing some content reveal

• @tre-oni said in Here's What's Next:

Sword shishkabob?

It's on the new title screen pictured! Look closely! 😉

@tre-oni said in Here's What's Next:

Sword shishkabob?

It's on the new title screen pictured! Look closely! 😉

Yeah, just noticed.. lol

• @red0demon0 said in Here's What's Next:

Idk how I feel about rats, guess it depends on how they are implemented.

Maybe you can turn them off? You know, in case there are some pirates who are afraid of rats...

• @liberance said in Here's What's Next:

Burying a treasure chest was one of the first couple of things I tried to do when I played the game for the first time. It just seemed... basic to the whole pirate theme, and I was surprised you couldn't do it.

Later I came to realize that you can always just hide stuff on islands when in need, which is just as effective, but has the added risk that someone could always stumble upon it by chance. I wonder if burying things for real will have a risk component too (not remembering exactly where you placed it?).

I imagine it will, because it would be too OP otherwise - but what kind of risk exactly? 🤔

I imagine it will, because it would be too OP otherwise - but what kind of risk exactly? 🤔

Come to think of it, I suppose it's also perfectly possible that it might be exactly what it seems: you bury it, and it stays hidden unless someone decides to dig there by total chance.

I've seen people talking about how that sounds like too much of an advantage, but I'm not quite sure myself. Cause, like, how exactly? If burying treasure takes the same amount of time it takes to dig it out, it's not like anyone will be able to calmly dock their ship on a nearby island and bury their whole loot the minute they notice someone chasing them. At best, you may be able to bury your most valuable item, and even doing that will probably make you lose precious time and allow the pursuers to catch up with you and steal the rest.

Another thing I wonder is what the despawn time of buried treasure might be. Right now, stuff left unattended on land takes about 2 hours to disappear, right?

• @galactic-geek
    I'm gonna do a fort and bury all the loot in the vault! Kegs and all! If we can bury those.

• Season Five Content Update video will premiere at 3PM GMT today for anyone interested...

• @liberance said:

Right now, stuff left unattended on land takes about 2 hours to disappear, right?

I have kept things hidden on islands for hours, and never seen it despawn, so if it does eventually do so, then I don't have a clue as to when that would be.

• @inboundbomb said in Here's What's Next:

@galactic-geek
    I'm gonna do a fort and bury all the loot in the vault! Kegs and all! If we can bury those.

Let me know how well that works out out for you. 😁

• @galactic-geek
    Will do!

• @realstyli said in Here's What's Next:

Season Five Content Update video will premiere at 3PM GMT today for anyone interested...

🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

• Rats on the ship are cool and all, but I'm kinda expecting pet rats now.

• Well, the treasure burying thing ended up being even more interesting than I expected. Definitely the main addition to this season.

I wonder though, how many people will just bury stuff next to merchants in outposts to make sure others turn it in for easy rep.

It also brings up the question of whether anyone can find buried loot or not, or if you need the map in order for the stuff to show up at all when you dig. I'm kind of guessing it might be the latter, in order to avoid player-buried treasure to interfere with randomly generated quest items by having both appear in the same spot.

• Pretty sure there will be commendations bound to those buried treasures...I will go for those and then will never bury any treasure again, or for future events...
    I find this pretty useless...

• Sleeping is here matie!
    alt text

That's the first thing I'm doing when this update drops!

Wyświetlenia
20 z 32