Way to maroon a rogue crewmate??

• I'm so sick and tired of people afk-ing and getting hard earned loot. Brigging a person does NOTHING for actual problematic pirates since they still get loot and alliance rep.

PLEASE do something about this, because this is a BASIC issue that occurs regularly to multiple people.

Wyświetlenia
  • @xxl3g1txcatxx don't play open crew...use lfg and don't let them join before you talked to them...a kick-option could be abused, for example: you open a brig, start an athena voyage, one joins, he invites a friend and before you sell those two kick you...so dealing with an afker seems to me less of an issue when thinking about this

• @schwammlgott Everything in life can be abused. I'm on closed crew and the dude seemed nice but he started afking and purposefully eating all of our food.

• @schwammlgott Dealing with an afker is cruddyy because you are giving people the ability to not play the game but earn all of the loot, while also wasting space. Their stubborn ability to earn loot without doing anything isn't fair, and on a realistic pirate ship you'd be able to maroon them

• @xxl3g1txcatxx sagte in Way to maroon a rogue crewmate??:

@schwammlgott Everything in life can be abused. I'm on closed crew and the dude seemed nice but he started afking and purposefully eating all of our food.

So...better luck next time...get over it

• @schwammlgott why are you such a POS about it?

• @xxl3g1txcatxx your "everything in life can be abused" reply tells me, you're not really thinking about why this isn't a good idea...i recommend you to use the search function in here to see how many threads have been made already about this topic, so maybe you see the downsides by yourself...I'm out

• @schwammlgott I think you have a very pessimistic viewpoint of the player community. Yes, it can be abused, but I play on xbox and use LFG on a regular basis. I don't play on open crew, and I don't play on pc + xbox servers. I rarely occur on toxic players but when they do it's a single person who purposefully sabotages a ship. Giving them the ability to continue the behavior, and saying "Tough luck...deal with it" is absolutely pointless, because the SAME logic can be used to excuse someone who abuses a potential kick crewmate option "Tough luck...deal with it".

So why not just make the feature and get rid of the visibly toxic players? Or at least create a report feature? This is an offense that is continuously unpunished, and happens on a regular basis. Tough luck and telling people to deal with it is absurd and not the point of having a positive community.

• @xxl3g1txcatxx use search function

• @schwammlgott use basic brain power

• The problem here is that you're stomping your foot OP and expecting everyone to flex to your point of view instead of keeping an open mind to the counter point to your original post. why make the post in the first place if you're not willing to discuss and listen. otherwise go write a blog post somewhere else.

I find it far worse to have someone kick you from a crew after contributing to a loot haul for hours so they can invite their buddy before turning in, than having to put up with someone that wants a free ride. does the freeloader suck? yes absolutely, but he isn't taking anything from me and the alternative is far far worse.

How do I know this to be the case? because it's commonly abused in MMOs, people kick the non friends before final bosses in dungeons or raids and then invite their friends to get the reward.

• Blunderbomb them to death, maybe they'll get a lazybeard on the ferry. Only thing I can think of.

• @theornerybear I can see your point, being that I play MMOs as well, but like the person above tried to say as well;

Don't play in open crew. Just play with friends that won't abuse the feature by kicking you. It's the fact of the matter that you will always deal with some bad apples so just put the feature in the game and take precautions to not let it be abused toward you.

If an argument is made against being mad that freeloaders exist by saying "don't play on open crew" or "just talk to them and see if you can trust them" then the same can be said about people who kick others for their friend to join. Just play on closed crew and the problem can't be abused??

• The brig system is far from perfect but there is no better alternative.
    Vote to kick functions have always been abused. In fact the vote to kick system was so badly abused in Rainbow Six Siege that the developers had to remove it entirely from the game.

• @xxl3g1txcatxx said in Way to maroon a rogue crewmate??:

@theornerybear I can see your point, being that I play MMOs as well, but like the person above tried to say as well;

Don't play in open crew. Just play with friends that won't abuse the feature by kicking you. It's the fact of the matter that you will always deal with some bad apples so just put the feature in the game and take precautions to not let it be abused toward you.

If an argument is made against being mad that freeloaders exist by saying "don't play on open crew" or "just talk to them and see if you can trust them" then the same can be said about people who kick others for their friend to join. Just play on closed crew and the problem can't be abused??

As soon as you figure out you're with a freeloader, brig that person if possible, set course to outpost and turn in - you just wasted 10-15 minutes (if even that) of playing the game - and find another crew.
    Stop caring that the freeloader will get some of the stuff as well (he was active for a while wasn't he ?); it won't affect your gold or rep.

Just don't continue playing, hoping he'll get bored or disconnected and another takes his place. That will spoil more than the 10-15 minutes and probably the whole session.

When you're playing a session of 2-3 hours and then get kicked out before turning in, you just wasted the whole session and for some people it might even be their last (open-crew) session.

• @xxl3g1txcatxx I understand that old argument of "don't play with randos" but for some of us, like me, I don't have a lot of friends who play games and none that play SoT the time of day I do. I also don't play it to socialize, so I like the quick easy open crew. I don't wan't to get on a forum or discord to put together a crew. I probably should do that, but I don't. So that's my perspective.

Wyświetlenia
5 z 16