[MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.11 - Adventure Cross Play Opt Out Discussion & Feedback

• @needsmokes exactly

• @needsmokes said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.11 - Adventure Cross Play Opt Out Discussion & Feedback:

@faceyourdemon

I thought so.. That number was given after only 7 days of it being implemented. Many weren't even aware it existed, many still aren't.

I couldn't care less how many play on which preference personally.
    I use both options when play, depending on who I play with.

But to quote those figures will only make me come back with a quote of my own which was also given by Joe.. After 1 month of the games launch, 1% of players were using a cheat, and this was a cheat exclusive to PC at the time. And only 15% of the player base then were playing on PC,S. So that meant 1% of that 15% of players were caught cheating..

Ah, official figures, I guess we have to obey they as if they were written in stone when given and still apply them today yes??

And on that note, opt out was welcomed by me.

Numbers only change in their favour, less cheaters now. But that 7.5% is forever. May as well inscribe it as an easter egg somewhere in the game

• @gracie-grog6769 whenever a article pop up on hackers and Cheaters I never see modders mentioned link text 😎😎😎😎 I especially like this quote in the article. This is not to say that every PC user is a cheater... but PC is the platform you'll find most cheaters, as enabling any cheat-type features on a console is way harder to pull off and much easier to detect.

• @tak225

An interesting article referring to crossplay on a different game.
    It all sounds very familiar doesn't it.
    And that is why opt out isn't the correct answer.
    Crossplay should NEVER be the standard setting when you first install a game.
    It should of course however be something you could choose to use if you wished to.
    Having crossplay as a standard setting with a hidden away opt out option will no doubt leave many new and existing users unaware of the setting to begin with and have to suffer the consequences of being thrown into the lions den of cheaters.
    Whilst I welcomed opt out. It wasn't enough for the good of Xbox live.
    It needs to go one step further and make crossplay a hidden away opt in feature instead.

But developers are learning all the time. They see the problems crossplay with certain platforms can cause. It's not going unnoticed.

Let's hope lessons are learned for the future.

• @needsmokes said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.11 - Adventure Cross Play Opt Out Discussion & Feedback:

@tak225

An interesting article referring to crossplay on a different game.
    It all sounds very familiar doesn't it.
    And that is why opt out isn't the correct answer.
    Crossplay should NEVER be the standard setting when you first install a game.
    It should of course however be something you could choose to use if you wished to.
    Having crossplay as a standard setting with a hidden away opt out option will no doubt leave many new and existing users unaware of the setting to begin with and have to suffer the consequences of being thrown into the lions den of cheaters.
    Whilst I welcomed opt out. It wasn't enough for the good of Xbox live.
    It needs to go one step further and make crossplay a hidden away opt in feature instead.

But developers are learning all the time. They see the problems crossplay with certain platforms can cause. It's not going unnoticed.

Let's hope lessons are learned for the future.

Yes, opt out primary, advertised to opt in to full crossplay if you want to play on 'ultra nightmare' setting.

• @needsmokes I have nothing against cross play but I do think it should be a setting you turn on as apposed to turn off it's great the option is there now

• @needsmokes @TAK225 @Gracie-Grog6769

You guys do know they are pushing with cross-play with the next gen's right? Even Microsoft confirmed that they are pushing for crossplay between the hardwares.

@NeedSmokes it wasn't a month after launch when they discussed the hackers amount the community. You guys never agreed with those numbers either. Even after they said that the hackers were less than 1% of the community you guys still kicked, screamed, and cried about how those numbers are actually higher and how less than 1% of the PC community was still a very large number of hackers or how can it be less than 1% if so many players are complaining about it.

Face it, if the numbers benefit us you guys don't believe it and suspect it. I like how you also ignore the posts popping up about hacking in the xbox servers :). Whats strange is how fast those get locked or deleted.

@TAK225 There is hacking in xbox. You can believe there isn't but there is. Players have linked videos. You act like hackers are the standard for PC players and its not. It depends on the game. If the game is a big publisher then there really aren't a lot of hackers. Case in point Rare. Which is why when players talk about running into hackers 3 times a day or 20 times a week its freaking nonsense. Yet you guys don't call them out on it, instead you perpetuate the stereotype and feed the prejudice and hatred.

Posts are starting to pop up about xbox players running into hackers and immediately blaming PC players which is AWESOME. Yet you guys are no where in sight. If it was a player blaming cross play on hacking, you guys are usually the very first posts on the thread. Funny how that works, the double standards are real.

@Gracie-Grog6769

You forget to realize the part where Rare said in the video that the numbers were within their predictions. You guys are really dense with thinking that Rare did this because they wanted to. Everytime they talked about Opt Out they talked about how they hope players continue to play in cross play and how they are going to make players work to find the Opt Out option in the first place.

The numbers being in predictions means that they knew that not a lot of players wanted this and even they didn't want this.

None of this matters though, the next gen's are focusing strictly on cross play. Opt out will be pointless because the next gens will be on par with everything else and will have M&K support. So I hope you guys are ready to stick with Xbox One forever since both companies confirmed that their coding was made to match to make cross play easier.

OH HEY one last thing. You guys used to use CoD as a stable for Opt Out but failed to mention that if you are xbox and use a M&K you play in the opt out servers. Thats pretty hilarious and disproves everything you guys are saying about how microsoft understands how unfair M&K is against controller.

• @xultanis-dragon they use COD as a example to complain about hacking, but also neglect to acknowledge that all previous cod games without cross play have a abundant amount of modders and hackers on console.

Cheaters are cheaters period, the platform is irrelevant, as it happens on both.

That is hilarious though K+M can be used openly in the opt out, let me guess the input is now suddenly a issue? Despite downplaying it and trying to shift the focus on hacking?

Which one is it?

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I also implore anyone on console to go and play ranked overwatch and R6 if you think devices like XIM are not geared towards consoles use, because they primarily are.

K+M ON CONSOLE

• @troubled-cells

How dare you, don't you know that xbox players are completely rightoues and good. They would never do such a thing as HACK or EXPLOIT or CIRCUMVENT the game in order to win. How dare you @Troubled-Cells!!!

All the sarcasm aside, I don't actually understand how they can ignore any of that. I actually asked around with some rando's the other day how they felt about hacking on console and I got to say the responses I got surprised me. It was widely accepted that hacking just DOES NOT happen on console. When I try to explain how hacking works or that it has been around on console for generations they act legitimately surprised.

They use the same arguments. "If there was hacking on console, why aren't there crazy amounts of videos on youtube showing hackers!!" , I then tell them what videos to look for and again the legitimate surprise that there is hacking.

I ask if they ever felt like they've run into hackers before and some of them started talking about how Apex first came out they thought they ran into hackers but their friends would tell them that hacking on console is impossible.

I think the idea that hacking is impossible on xbox or that xbox players don't hack is some kinda fairy tale belief thats being passed down. Its as if they all have blinders on and any mention of hacks on xbox are lies told by conspiracy theorist.

Whatever though, cross play is being pushed for future hardwares. They merged the coding between microsoft and playstation games to be in line with PC games. They are pushing big time for cross play between hardwares and with the fact that the next gens are going to have some heavy hitting hardware and M&K support, I don't think they will have "Opt Out" servers anymore.

• @xultanis-dragon

I've still yet to see any valid posts about hacking in Xbox only servers.
    Also yet to experience any sort of thing myself or anyone I know who uses them.

Would love to see some proof this actually is a thing. But I guess I never will as its all just hot air in your usual attempt to deflect reality.

• @needsmokes

I've posted multiple links to videos that show it and we aren't allowed to post links where to get the hacks or post links on how to implement hacks.

@Troubled-Cells just posted a article about players that have been complaining since the release of Siege that players on console are using M&K with controller players and the stance on the company is that they have no way to identify who is or who isn't using the peripherals to cheat the system and then went off to say that they honestly don't care enough about it in the first place to do anything.

Again, blinders

• @xultanis-dragon as I have said I have no problem with cross play i take issue with the fact it's not optional i have said this many times that I take cross play on a game by game basis and turn it on and off depending on the game and I am not a fan of Xbox just thrusting the choice on us and on the hacking front it's common knowledge the worst platform is pc and I have personally never experienced anything I would describe as hacking untill cross play not saying modders don't exist but they are a tiny fraction of players compared to pc

• @needsmokes it's not a big issue if on console and let just add a percentage to it let's say of all hackers and modders and Cheaters 7% are console modders is it not a thing on these forums to ignore the minority and pass it as irrelevant 😎

• @tak225

Says you unfortunately. Like everyone else has said, show proof that majority is on PC or that only a "tiny" fraction of console players hack. Anytime we make any claim to PC players not being hackers you guys jump down our throats asking for proof.

So I am doing the same. You got numbers to back your claim? I've only ran into 4 or 5 hackers in the passed 2 years of playing this game, yet you'll claim that I am claiming nonsense and then you'll agree with players that say they run into hackers 5 times a day or 30 times a week siting that PC players are hackers.

You claim you haven't run into any hackers but there are posts, that again are surprisingly being deleted, that claim that players on opt out servers are running into hackers and they claim the hackers to be on guess what, PC. Even in Opt Out they will blame PC players for hacking.

Sorry broski, just like you guys do to us, show proof that only a tiny fraction of xbox players hack because players are running into hackers in opt out.

• @xultanis-dragon never once seen on these forums and thread about Xbox servers with hacking not saying it don't happen but I have seen no such posts but I don't frequent these forums no where near as much as I used to only in times of extreme boredom

• @tak225 that's because threads about modding and hacking containing footage and how to's arent allowed on this forum.

🤣🤣🤣

• @xultanis-dragon they dont have the numbers to back their claims up.

If our opinion is "hot air" then theirs is also, whilst being held to the exact same standard.

But let me guess that dont count lol

The delusion.

• There are no substantial threads about hacking on opt out..
    Stop imagining things.

• @troubled-cells don't need numbers it's common knowledge everybody knows it much like yourself 😎

• @needsmokes I know the sky is blue but I don't need to look up to confirm it everybody knows what's the deal and where most of the cheating is happening

• @tak225 just in the same way that everyone knows that opt out is the vast minority.

Ok cool

👌

• @troubled-cells

That probably explains why no one is complaining about cheating taking place there then.

• @needsmokes

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/114052/just-let-me-rant/2

Xbox player complaining about hacking on xbox server.

Your statement of no one ever complaining about it is false. Congrats.

I counted at least 10 in the past month but where the hell did they go. They post up, get like 3 replies, get locked and then the thread is deleted. sigh I'll have to start taking screenshots from now on if I find them.

• @xultanis-dragon

And that's the best you could come up with?

Somebody experiencing terrible lag!

Poor effort.

• @needsmokes you mean like how everyone knows that those same people were only bested in cross play ?

Ok cool 👌

@xultanis-dragon

And that's the best you could come up with?

Somebody experiencing terrible lag!

Poor effort.

Wait wait wait wait wait wait.......hes experiencing bad lag? Why are you so quick to say it was lag but if someone said they were getting hacked on cross play servers you immediately bring the pitch forks even though the stories are EXACTLY the same??

Here you go. One from reddit. Sorry broski. :):):):) Its starting to happen. You guys have no one to point the finger at anymore lololol. For you too @TAK225 so you can't ever say no one has ever said they ran into hackers on xbox.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/g4wmn7/xbox_hackers/

• @xultanis-dragon

Maybe there was better evidence in those pretend threads you imagined, that strangely no longer exist.

It also wouldn't surprise me anymore if you didn't start to create accounts on various forums to make up complaints, so at least then you could link them rather than just imagine them in the future.

@xultanis-dragon

Maybe there was better evidence in those pretend threads you imagined, that strangely no longer exist.

It also wouldn't surprise me anymore if you didn't start to create accounts on various forums to make up complaints, so at least then you could link them rather than just imagine them in the future.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Are you serious?? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Dude, seriously, thank you so very much for proving everything I ever said to be true lol. Honestly I couldn't be happier lol. Thank you so much. If I ever need to, I can just link to this thread as proof that when it comes to xbox you will not believe there are hacks at all but if its PC then its hackers buffet.

Thank you so much lol.

• @xultanis-dragon

Well. You have been trying to convince me of posts people have created complaining of hacking on Xbox servers, but they don't even exist?

So yes. I'm very serious.. After all.. It's not me that is imagining things, or desperately trying to create stories to prove a point is it?

• @needsmokes poor form buddy.

• @needsmokes

Haven't been creating anything. I've linked you stuff before time and time again and you ignore every single thing I link. I then find more stuff to link and your first instinct is to go that no the guy experienced lag when if it was an xbox player complaining about a PC player you would talk about how PC is the reason for the lag and how PC players were the reason why he lost that futball game when he was a kid and PC players were the reason for his parents divorce.

Dude the prejudice and the hatred is real and you proved it hands down.

Regardless of all of that, when the Scarlett and the PS5 comes out they will have cross play and they might not even care about Opt Out since they will have M&K so if anything they'll just do input.

Wondering if you are going to quit gaming entirely if it ever happens. But whatever broski. Good luck on there. Thanks for proving me right again.

• @xultanis-dragon

You have never linked me anything substantial.
    Your once again imagining things.

@Troubled-Cells

How so poor form?

What have I said incorrectly.

Everything being discussed is being based on pure imagination.

There are no threads complaining about cheating on opt out servers..

Not sure why you both aren't able to accept that.

Yes, we are in a minority pool, if we are to go on the only figures ever released after a week of the feature being introduced. But it would seem those players are also happy and content with gameplay experiences for the most part and not being overly troubled with bad experiences with other players..

Why so much bitterness about that?

• @needsmokes no bitterness at all.

Like i have always maintained, I am 100% certain that input based matchmaking is a better way.

Isnt my fault that some people want to get involved everytime they see me discuss it, despite them getting what they wanted, what's the problem ?

What was that about bitterness again ?

• Popping in to say that things are getting a bit heated. Please let cooler heads prevail and possibly step back for a moment, in order to avoid further being disrespectful to your fellow pirate and prevent further mod action.

• @troubled-cells disagree should be input based matchmaking aswell as every platform given the opt outs

Views
1731 out of 1778