Cannonballs, Planks, and Coconuts of Fate

• Maybe it’d be nice if when starting a match in Sea of Bones, a stack of 60 “Cannonballs, Planks, and Coconuts of Fate” would be deposited into the respective barrels. Functionally identical to their normal counterparts but would disappear after the match ends.
    I think the greatest problem with Sea of Bones is the fact that, unlike Arena, the stakes for a lot of us are very high. Not to mention treasure being encouraged to be taken into a fight, but the supplies which many of us stock up for 45+ minutes that can be lost in a matter of moments. These are on top of the fact that we are being encouraged to risk out streaks too. It’s a lot to worry about it we’re being frank.

I feel that the battles might happen faster and be more fun if players weren’t fretting about their supplies as hard. This was one of the great things of Arena- you weren’t risking anything, so everyone could play wild and not stress about losing an hour worth of supplies. If we each had a flat amount of bonus supplies to use for the fight and only for the fight, a lot of that stress would be lifted. Then players could focus less on supplying, as the game would have them partially covered with an extra 120-180 cannonballs, 60 planks, and 120 coconuts, so that the players can worry more about defending their streak and treasure, instead of being frustrated about having to stock up again and again.

TL:DR, the fast-paced Sea of Bones gameplay is too hectic for the old-school “take an extra half hour to resupply” from regular adventure. Giving some bonus supplies to start with would allow people to get into the action faster and feel less pressured about losing their supplies they spent gathering.

• I mean it would be a cool idea but I have no clue how they’d get that to work. I don’t believe there’s any precedent for limited time supplies.

• I feel like any time a ship dives underwater for a battle, they immediately get a set number of supplies for the fight regardless of what they had in their barrels before diving. The barrels reset to a set amount. I know people who are on a winning streak might balk at that idea. Why not give exp multipliers for every piece of treasure you have onboard? Any treasure onboard an enemy ship would float up so people on a winning streak could accumulate more treasure and in turn high multipliers for more exp. If you wanted to just keep diving over and over you could do that without needing to resupply, but if you wanted more exp you could go get some treasure for some extra exp boosts. Just a thought.

• Isn't the risk the whole point, you roll that dice again to multiply your streak and rep, if you're low on supplies, you're taking that risk/reward. I think rather than trying to turn this into arena, ships that lose should spawn some barrels with randomised supplies, 100% behind that, battle locations should be expanded so invasion vs invasion isn't taking place in the far corners of the map, meaning crews can supply back up faster. Supplies are plentiful in this game, it's just the locations where the battles take place that cause the problem.

• @a10dr4651 Supplies ARE plentiful. But it’s frustrating when I log on, stock for an hour, find no matches, or find a match against sweats who steamroll you. There’s no reason for this to be about stocking up. Yes, what you bring with you is important, but I think having bonus temporary supplies would be nice to keep the fights going instead of constantly having to resupply after each battle just to queue for 45 minutes again.

5 중의 3