Major disadvantage trinket purchase poses to experienced players

• I feel that the way the new progression system is tracked puts a major disadvantage on players that have previously put in the time to grind and work on commendations. I can only think of one trinket that isn’t locked behind this new progression system, which means that none of the new items are accessible to experienced players. The only way to tell the experience of a player besides apparent skill and knowledge are the cosmetics they equip, and with this new system, it puts the entire player base at “level 0” in this area, even when many players have completed the given tasks.

I understand that many of these are supposed to be tied to the ship you captain, such as how many minutes it has spent in the storm and how many times it has sunk, and I do think that these should be started from scratch by every player. Others, however, seem like they are an arbitrary grind put in place for the sake of it. These are already defined in game by the pirate milestones and ship milestones.

Take, for example, the item locked behind completing the fort of the damned 100 times. This is already a very daunting task, but to players who have already completed it the fifty times already previously necessary for a commendation, it seems excessive and a nuisance. While new players only have to complete it 100 times to fulfill both tasks, veterans, instead of being rewarded by faster access to those trophies, are essentially given a much higher goal for the same prize.

I recommend that, if possible, all ship milestones remain in their current state, so that there is more than plenty for any player to do, but the pirate milestones include everything previously earned, so that players who have already invested large amounts of time into the game are rewarded for their work and given a chance to flex their previous dedication.

게시물
    조회 수
    communitygeneral
  • there is one for completing fotd 100 times?

what's the item? an alliance flag decoration?

• Milestones are a new way of progressing in the game, similar to a prestige system. The milestones only apply to a Captained ship which is why previous numbers do not count - previous ships were not Captained.

The team had multiple design conversations regarding this and ultimately this will not be changing.

Dropping anchor here.

게시물
조회 수
communitygeneral
3 중의 2