something I want

• Can I get and alpha or beta build of the game? I prefer the lighting and clothing and feel of those after watching far too many videos of what the sea of thieves used to be. I've said this countless times but I still feel that after year one every pirate except complete new players look absolutely nothing like pirates. I understand people like weird cosmetics in games, but it seems I'm the only one that gets their immersion broken by this. Sea of thieves is a very social game, you meet countless of other players peaceful or not and pretty much every time I'm not looking at a pirate, I'm looking at a clown with an eyepatch. Since I haven't seen any other post discussing this I assume I have a screw or more loose, thoughts? And I'd still like an alpha build :p

게시물
    조회 수
  • Literally get insider you nerd

• @triplegazelle51 rude, and that’s not what OP is asking for.

• Piratey cosmetics are fantastic, but keep in mind it’s a Pirate Fantasy game, so some cosmetics will be out there in terms of realism. Also you can shoot people out of cannons, you get attacked by prehistoric Megalodons, a kraken and skeletons that have risen from the dead. The game definitely isn’t going for realism.

• @triplegazelle51 little ship’s wheel on the bottom right of your comment let’s you delete it.

• @ninja-naranja thanks for that, was honestly having a little panic abt that and thanks for being understanding.

• @ninja-naranja I know, I know, Ill give an example: the lionfish costume or the new prehistoric stuff. These on their own look nothing like pirates right? I suppose its just my own level of suspension of disbelief however. I'm perfectly fine with the most of the more out there elements of the game but only to a point where it doesn't distract from the overall experience, you see what I'm saying?

• @captainkrabs570 yeah they’re pretty out there, and then you’ve got stuff like Eternal Freedom and Royal Revenge that are more grounded.

Pirate emporium isn’t a good example, because those cosmetics are made to catch people’s eyes. If you look in the outpost shops there are more classic Pirate clothes and some less crazy stuff.

• @captainkrabs570

The game has sailed a long time ago.
    Beyond year one.... or even year two.
    Simply not the same.
    Some may love it, but the simple nature & form is long gone.
    Louder.. faster.. more in your face. The colour & taste doesn't feel original.
    Many a game does this, surprised this stayed (early days).. as it was. True to form.

Not a critique btw... it may be no longer my game.
    But I still observe with respect & joy of the early days.
    Look on with interest to what it is now.
    It's your game .. play & enjoy as you wish

• @ninja-naranja Yeah I suppose you're right, this isn't a problem for sea of thieves as much as it is a problem for me. I'd prefer mostly grounded designs with the weird glowing stuff reserved for higher level players. A remedy for this would to simply put a butt-loud of cool looking grounded realistic clothing in the regular clothing shop.

• @piratecraggy That was interesting, I just want to go back to those earlier days even if its nor truly possible

• @captainkrabs570 said in something I want:

@piratecraggy That was interesting, I just want to go back to those earlier days even if its nor truly possible

Agreed... you've already answered your own question
    The Sands of time.. unfortunately don't defy gravity.

게시물
조회 수
13 중의 12