Have we become the Sea of Haxors?

• A friend and I sailed the SoT today and defeated Red Ruth at Devils Ridge this morning and encountered a bug where her fire rain didn't stop, in the midst of this we started getting sniped and attacked by other players with no other ship in sight - then those players started doing things that were very suspicious.

[Luckily, I hit record on my gameplay replay to capture things unfold][mod edit]. Warning, it's a 50min video, and the minute timestamps are below:

• 11:23 - 11:42 - shooting us from underwater with no line of sight visibility with extreme accuracy and rapidly reloading
    • 15:38 - 15:48 - moving and shooting as a barrel disguise while rapidly teleporting around the map
    • 19:41 - 19:46 - ?Consuming fish while in barrel disguise, getting hit multiple times, rapidly switching out a weapon, and no-aim discharging to hit
    • 21:48 - 22:05 - Jumping from the mast and rapidly moving into the cabin, teleporting from the bottom of the mast to the crow's nest in under 1 second
    • 24:22 - 26:11 & 29:08 - 32:36 - Teleportation to player exploit when forced off the ship (our ship was moving the entire time, there was no other player ship, and these folks jumped/blunderbombed offboard multiple times)
    • 37:25 - 38:42 - Hiding under resource crates - where we have never been able to recreate this with the same amount of coverage.
    • 38:22 - 38:39 - One of them starts to teleport to the side of the ship, or swims as fast as the ship, and I get him for the last time.

Initially, we thought we were playing against some exceptional players, but then it became clear to us that there was more going on.

What does the community think, and if it is cheating what is Rare's roadmap to address it?

게시물
    조회 수
    videofeedbackgeneralquestioncommunity
  • I think that the servers have issues pretty much daily and I see people and myself teleport around and move odd regularly

I get teleported out of my sloop into the water and sometimes very deep into the water in random areas. If I see that happen to me why wouldn't I assume that someone else is going through something similar?

The other day I was dying repeatedly while standing still and not in combat lol. Stuff happens on servers that don't perform well.

• @surefyr this is a very odd collection of clips in my opinion, but in truth i don’t really know what to make of it at all, since the server seemed rather buggy to begin with. Teleportation and moving emotes are often the fault of bad server connection, but even that doesn’t explain some things like the crows nest clip. I would suggest checking with sot support, but first is there any way you can check your internet speed? At the end of the day id definitely submit a ticket as it seems fishy, and either way spawn camping without intent to sink as these people have done is not the friendliest of actions. Make sure support knows your on the fence about it being what you think it is or a bunch of weird coincidences, as i said before this is a real odd one to me.

Also i should mention hackers are rare in this game, like really REALLY rare, so i really don't know what to make of this at all. They definitely aren't using aimbot, and the other stuff I've never heard of. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was a bunch of crazy weird bugs.

• What am I missing when they are tucking in the crates? looks like a typical tuck from a crew that knows what they are doing unless I missed something

• Alright, originally, I was gonna analyze and say that this was just a lot of hackusations and bad ping causing these scenarios to unfold the way they did, but I... I don't think I can touch this. This seems perfect for sending to SoT Support cause even I feel iffy about half of the time stamps, and while some is hitreg and bad latency, it's getting harder and harder to deny it by every rewind and rewatch.

• @nex-stargaze said in Have we become the Sea of Haxors?:

Alright, originally, I was gonna analyze and say that this was just a lot of hackusations and bad ping causing these scenarios to unfold the way they did, but I... I don't think I can touch this. This seems perfect for sending to SoT Support cause even I feel iffy about half of the time stamps, and while some is hitreg and bad latency, it's getting harder and harder to deny it by every rewind and rewatch.

Imo this comes down to it being a shenanigans crew,

we've all seen them, they like to dress like clowns and act like jokers. They are skilled and it's annoying to deal with especially as a random pver on the seas.

I think the frustration they intentionally cause leads to the removal of the benefit of the doubt but the evidence is still not super clear. Are they cheating? no idea. Are they exploiting to some degree? probably. Is most of what we see a mix of exploits and poor server performance? probably

They missed quite a few shots some of which weren't hard shots for a crew like that. Personally I think their effectiveness of being obnoxious is what gets them labeled, and I doubt they care.

I didn't watch the entire video but the parts I did watch they were pretty mild for what they are up to there.

• @surefyr Your post has been edited as it goes against the Forum Rules and Pirate Code.

NEVER
    Advertise, spam, troll or engage in witch hunts. There are areas in our official Forums and on our verified Discord server where you can advertise your own community groups – just ask if you don’t know where to find them. Other kinds of advertising are not appropriate. Any form of spamming should be avoided. Trolling, baiting and witch hunts are also unacceptable. If you have evidence that you think our Customer Support team should see to help them take action against a player, send it to them using the process outlined at the end of this article..

If you believe a player has been toxic in the game, you can report them to Xbox Live here. You can also submit a support ticket via Rare Player Support.

Topics and posts with this content will be locked, deleted and the users involved warned. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

게시물
조회 수
videofeedbackgeneralquestioncommunity
7 중의 3