Ghostly and strange...

• Last night, my crew and I were sailing on a galleon. We were looking for player ships to engage, but at the time, all we saw were a couple of skeleton gallies. Night fell, and as I began to scan the horizon with my spyglass, I noticed a set of lanterns in the distance, muted by not fog, but an atmospheric mist. My first thought was torches on an island...but no. Torches would not have been that close together, nor in that particular arranged pattern. I dismissed it as a probable sloop and carried on while keeping an eye on it. Moments later, I noticed that it was more than two lights they were in a definite pattern, but not set up in the same configuration as a sloop. However, they were too close together to have been brig lights or gally lights. I also noticed that they were moving in our direction. I asked my helmsman what he thought it was coming in our direction. He answered to me the he didn't know, but I could hear the confusion in his voice. I then asked, "but you do see them, don't you?", to which he replied that he did. The lights did not bob and dip the way a vessel would on the waves, but instead, they ran maybe about ten feet off the surface of the water. They never broke their formation and never stopped. They just silently slipped past, and kept going until they disappeared into the horizon behind us. I have sailed the seas in this game for considerable amounts of time. I've seen just about every glitch and bug you can imagine. After last night, though, I can say without hesitation that I've never heard of anything or seen anything like that before. I was so enthralled, I forgot to clip it. Now I wish that I had. It was both fascinating and unsettling in the same way. I thought that it may have been a skeleton ship that didn't render the model of the actual boat, but just the lights...however, the lights were all orange instead of colored the way they are on skelly boats.

게시물
    조회 수
  • Nice. I've seen them. Disappeared when I got close tho.

• I actually just had this happen today and also didn't think to clip it. I was just kind of perplexed and trying to sort out what was up with it.

• Ah them ghostly lights sailing above the waves with no ship to be seen.

• Did the skelly ship spyglass music jingle play when you looked at it?

• @redeyesith is this about the same floating lights, as in the other thread?

• @schwammlgott to my knowledge, yes it is - unless of course someone has something different to show for it. But those are the only odd lights I'm aware of at the moment.

게시물
조회 수
7 중의 6