Sinking the same ship over and over is not fun

• 3 sinks you're out. You already have server hopping and portal hopping anyway. I enjoy pvp but spending hours upon hours fighting the same crew and they continue to spawn the next island over is tiresome and imo bad design

게시물
    조회 수
  • why don't people voluntarily leave rather than trying to force others to?

I'm super vocal about being against the current re-spawn algorithm but forcing people out isn't the solution imo

put us all on equal ground by far away re-spawns and if we get tired of the other crew we can choose to leave rather than forcing it on others

• Repetition is one of Rare's content strategies.

For example, on the PvE front, if you want to 100% complete a Tall Tale, you have to fulfill the requirements of the (paraphrasing) 'Complete the Tall Tale 5 times (X/5)' Commendation.

• I TRULY BEG TO DIFFER.

• If you steal from me.
    I demand a "chance" to sail to you with Limited resources to take back what I lost.

If you keep sinking the same person over and over, I dont see how that is tiring as many other people want more of these interactions to happen. Someone bound to give in or leave.
    (then we have the ones who wish to be left alone)

• Asking for a safe zone? Bad idea.

• Killing the same person can be irritating. I always wanted the new respawned ship to be "locked" for x amount of time. Like there is a little count down timer of 5 minutes on the anchor of the new ship and you can't raise it for 3-5 minutes. This gives the respawn a chance to still get their stuff back but also gives the winning ship ample time to load peoples loot before they are already in a battle.

• @dadwhiterice said in Sinking the same ship over and over is not fun:

Killing the same person can be irritating. I always wanted the new respawned ship to be "locked" for x amount of time. Like there is a little count down timer of 5 minutes on the anchor of the new ship and you can't raise it for 3-5 minutes. This gives the respawn a chance to still get their stuff back but also gives the winning ship ample time to load peoples loot before they are already in a battle.

locking people down on a useless ship for 5 minutes would be a weird thing

all this comes down to is distance

people shouldn't be getting kicked out of servers or have their ships locked down or broken or any of that type of stuff

instead of using an algorithm that picks winners and losers we put us all on equal footing based on performance by sending us all far away.

This implements standards based on performance rather than luck and doesn't offer safety nets to people that currently don't care if their ship sinks because the consequences aren't severe.

In a shared environment of wolves and sheep the sheep shouldn't have to beat wolves 2 or 3 times in a row just to have time to sell or progress with whatever they are doing and that's solved in a balanced way by us all knowing clearly what the consequences will be for sinking and clearly what the consequences for others will be for sinking. Knowing that leads to more loot production and less running over time.

게시물
조회 수
8 중의 1