[Mega Thread] Update 2.0.17 - Ashen Winds Feedback / Discussion

• With Ashen Winds now live, it's time for another Mega Thread!

This month's update ushers in the arrival of the Ashen Lords, scorched souls hellbent on wreaking havoc across the Sea of Thieves. With them comes a new type of loot that doubles up as a devilishly destructive weapon for the pyromaniac pirates among you...

Our July update also brings various gameplay improvements, fixes, new Pirate Emporium stock and more.

See below for the new trailer and latest patch notes!

Ashen Winds: Official Sea of Thieves Content Update

The latest release notes can be found here once available: https://www.seaofthieves.com/release-notes/2.0.17

This topic has been set up to provide feedback on the new features, updates and activities that update 2.0.17 brings.

As you participate in this thread -

Keep to the Pirate Code

As a reminder, the Pirate Code is more than just guidelines (though the reference really never gets old), but the rules of the community and game that we expect all members to abide by when participating on the forums. Any member who fails to abide by the code may find themselves put in the brig, or removed from the community.

We also have Forum Rules, which we moderate to.

This thread is for feature discussion and feedback only. If you're looking for help with anything then head over to the Gameplay Guides + Tips category linked below.

Are you in need of any help? Then look no further!

게시물
    조회 수
  • there's an important question that needs to be answered

During internal and insider testing, how many times did you use the ashen winds skull as a mouth and spoke through it like Skeletor?

• Need to fix sever problems having been trying to join now for the last 30mins and won’t let me and same with 2 other people I play with

• @djpaub Ahoy matey!

This is the latest update we have:

We're aware of players experiencing Alabasterbeard errors when trying to connect to the game. We are investigating, and will update further once we have more information to share.

• edited I realized it's pointless to post here

• @treefittymonsta lol 60% of the servers I've been on today have had the Ashen event active.

• @treefittymonsta Agreed. Me and a buddy just server hopped 28 times before we found the new event. They may wanna look at that spawn rate for sure!

• Im surprised that no one here have mentioned that the none counting for burning skeletones with the stupid skull exists. (Other than in seperate threads which the rare personal surley not reads anyway)
    I burned skellies and skellyships but naaaah....commendations denied. GG

Stop rush events that's broken and slow down insted.
    Holyhell

• @yungkrusty said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.17 - Ashen Winds Feedback / Discussion:

@treefittymonsta lol 60% of the servers I've been on today have had the Ashen event active.

opposite of my experience...

• some commendations are broken, such as:

• burning skeletons with the skull not counting
    • setting skeleton ships on fire not counting
    • incorrectly tallying defeats of ashen lords you haven't encountered

also the loot pool is kinda lame, consider adding a chest of rage as a guaranteed spawn to increase the gold yield

• Cool so far, very pleased with the update

• Found a few bugs that I've already mentioned in other threads, but otherwise a great update. I'm enjoying the new combat changes. Every time someone successfully boarded, we just shot them through the grates as they went below deck. 😏

That said, we did the event on 2 separate servers tonight and in both instances, crews left all of the treasure on the beach. In 1 instance, we got the Ashen Winds skull, but lost it on the 2nd server. Why is all the loot being left behind!?

• @galactic-geek said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.17 - Ashen Winds Feedback / Discussion:

That said, we did the event on 2 separate servers tonight and in both instances, crews left all of the treasure on the beach. In 1 instance, we got the Ashen Winds skull, but lost it on the 2nd server. Why is all the loot being left behind!?

Simple really. It's garbage loot. I can kill a meg and get as much. The only thing of value is that new skull. I wish it was worth a bit more.

• I was so hyped with ashen lords i was specting that the mechanics of ashen lords will be more complex and fun they are obviously better than the actual lords but it still not good enough the system of the phases is good but maybe if you implement mechanics like world of warcraft bosses or something like that but adapted to sea of thieves can be very enjoyable, way in wich you can "interact" with the boss or with his atacks and abilities for example: you have to use a bucket of water in you so you are"invulnerable" to the fire of his flamethrower during 5 seconds so you can hit him easily, or maybe that you can block a "medium" atack so he get stunned by 2 or 3 sec and you can hit him more easily. Just saying but i think this could be much better sometimes it seem they do it for 7 years old childs. I'm not critizing i just want the game to be what we all want in the beta

• The only remarkable bug I found so far is the commendation of setting skeletons on fire is not working... and the Shrouded Ghost doesn't like me.

• The battle is fun and sneaking in others's ship is the best part.
    • The music is awesome with its rare meter (5/4 and 7/4) like the LOTR orcs music. Love the detail!!
    • However, the loot is very scarce for how long it takes. Killing two megs rewards you the same.

There's another thread that talks about how this event will be fotgotten like the Chest of Rage once people will get the commendations. And I'm afraid I'm agree. The time it takes doesn't worth the loot and it will be as unpopular as the Skeleton Fleets.

Also, speaking about the Chest of Rage, it's a very cool item too hard to see. These kind of rare items with commendations attached should be more common in the game, like the gifts. Forts used to reward 3-4 gifts, now 1, and skeleton fleet could drop them as well.

For the Chest of Rage, and Molten Sand Fortress, it's hard to see this fort active. I think it should be treated like a different world event (maybe with a lower spawn). And speaking of world events, the new tornado is not as frecuent as I expected.

• I haven’t been receiving commendations for defeating the Ashen Lords or selling their skulls to the OoS.

• I play with a friend in sloop most of the time and we have found that the new ghost pirate spawns are far too much for our ship. We have 4 3 masted ships plus others spawn on us regularly and have found the game is now basically unplayable. Is there any plan to scale spawns based on player numbers?

• It is a LOT of fun, the mechanics, the fight, the music and banter the Lords spew at us. I love the ashen tornado.

The loot is very mediocre compared to every other world event. It could have a couple chests of rage. Firebomb crate could be included.

Again, the event itself is a fun encounter, the loot is not rewarding for the time involved.

• The rewards are uninspired for sure. I don't think the skull is even that strong to make me want to use it in pvp either, maybe pve. I think the skull should be useful for something else too. It would be cool to open secret doors using the fire, or somehow sacrificing the skull similar to a ritual skull to create a bigger badder flameheart fleet. The fight with the ashen lord is fun enough, but once the cosmetics are earned, I agree they will be forgotten.

• Why is everyone so upset about the loot? It's the ONLY world event that I've seen that offers exclusively ashen loot. Forts don't do that! megs don't do that! Krakens don't do that! Ships don't do that!

That's a huge boon IMO.

• Nice to see that the frame lock bug when loading into a server hasn't been fixed.

Also, ships are rendering in, invisible. you'll see the pendant and stern flag just floating.

• Very fun and epic battle, however, loot drop is not enough for the effort (could add a couple of chests of rage)
    As for today July 31 commendations for the Ashen Winds skull are not working properly and should be fixed ASAP.

• Underwhelming rewards for fighting these ashen lords.
    The time it takes to fell one is akin to a fort so i would expect a similar haul of loot, no?
    I understand you did not want to value the ashen skull too highly in order to present the player with a dilemma sell or use. Too high and it would be sell each time.

• 4/10 - Below Average

They made the same mistake they made in winter time... New enemies and bosses are great. BUT NOT WHEN THEY DO THE SAME ATTACKS!!

That's like offering someone 4 different flavors of cookies and they are all oatmeal raisen but you named em differently. People get excited to try all flavors and they realize the cookies are the exact same bland taste.

Just like the 3 Fort Bosses there is no need for 4 different Ashen bosses. The ENTIRE reason for 4 bosses is to extend the length of the grind 4x and I absolute HATE it. Not only is this huge let down for players but it's a waste of dev resources making 4 different enemy skins for the same boss fight.

The fight itself is cool and was like a 7 or 8 out of 10 after the first time I fought the boss. Then after you realize it's the same boss you really dont care "which" boss your fighting. There's no new tactic you need to do. Warden Chi is exactly the same as Red Ruth, no need to change your weapons or tactics BUT MAKE SURE YOU KILL EACH ONE EXACTLY "__" TIMES EACH TO PROVE YOU DID IT!!!

New event isnt bad, but it immediately lost 75% of its fun in the first few runs right after release...

The loot is ok, skull's cool, the fight themselves tho are just repetitive name changes.

-------- While I'm at it ----------
    Fort bosses same thing. Need variety:

Mutinous Helmsman - Can curse your ship, causing skeleton to spawn on your ship.
    Duchess - Skeletons summoned can be any type of enemy and not all the same type at once; Golden, Leafy, Ashen, Shadow etc.
    Two-Faced Scoudrel - Prefers to use a Blunderbuss, Can use Shadow Skeleton tactics (will not take damage without a lantern. Not a permanent effect just something he can activate. Lantern will not stun him just make him able to be damaged again.

• The Ashen Winds Events are way too RARE.

We played for 4 hours and did flameheart, a skelly fleet, kraken, skelly fort, then flameheart again without the new event even spawning. It and flameheart should be in their own rotation separate from skull forts and fleets.

Why is this a problem? You are forcing everyone to server hop constantly, which defeats the purpose of how this game is played. Having a ship, getting it stocked, and doing multiple things with your boat and that day/evenings adventure. Server hopping takes that element away, but we are being forced to server hop as the only other option is to keep doing all the events as they spawn in hopes the Ashen Winds will spawn (which the rate seems incredibly low).

Just my 2 pennies.

• @mgcheckpoint493 I also noticed these problems. Also, please make the Commendation for selling the Ashen Winds Skull count when selling to the Reaper Faction. I find it very lame/upsetting that selling it to the Reaper doesn't give credit towards the commendation for selling 25 skulls... I just wish I noticed before I sold 4 of them to the Reaper.

• 80 cannonballs EIGHTY!!! and he STILL didn't go down. Warden Chi.... why did you decide to give them such a HUGE buff? and thats on a sloop.... wasn't like that before...

• @nomaddmr what do you mean huge buff? They should even buff it more, whole event is easy and boring.

• @str3akstim
    tell that to the kids, we all are not some Gud's grinder, no offence.
    but the HP is relly big of now, +all the player that wants it allso as you have to deffend it against at the same time.
    it just takes to long to kill the Pirate Lord and to make it away to an outpost.
    As i on a sloop (+1 crew) had to sink 1 sloop 2 times and 1 brigg 4 times before i could kill the Lord, so to sum it up, 1 skull came to 3 - 4 hour pvp-pve for just that said skull, it is way to long.

• A tiny detail. The Ashen Wind Skulls doesn't light the environment when used.

• Can anyone confirm if they have managed to set fore to skellies with the skull and make it count? Or get the set skellie ship on fire to count?
    Have tried both of these many different ways, and can not get it to work

• @TakuBoto The ratio of new storm refreshes is too small, I need to defeat the flaming Blade, skull fleet, and Skull Island in the room to have the chance to encounter it once, and to the BOSS's horrendous HP, the only worthy reward is just a skull,this design is ridiculous,haven't you ever thought of changing it?why all alliance players will have white names after alliance?? What did you do with the update? white name will easily generate the manslaughter,dont you notice what you have done to the game?

• @reapinglegion i agree ive been grinding this event since it came out (server hopping like most people coz the spawn rates are a joke) and i still have 0/200 skellies burned and 0/10 ships lit. ive wasted so many skulls fire to test out the commendation and still nothing -.- how disappointing

• @blem-reaction said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.17 - Ashen Winds Feedback / Discussion:

@reapinglegion i agree ive been grinding this event since it came out (server hopping like most people coz the spawn rates are a joke) and i still have 0/200 skellies burned and 0/10 ships lit. ive wasted so many skulls fire to test out the commendation and still nothing -.- how disappointing

They will hopefully fix it next month....or next year....if we're really lucky!

• @reapinglegion said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.17 - Ashen Winds Feedback / Discussion:

@blem-reaction said in [Mega Thread] Update 2.0.17 - Ashen Winds Feedback / Discussion:

@reapinglegion i agree ive been grinding this event since it came out (server hopping like most people coz the spawn rates are a joke) and i still have 0/200 skellies burned and 0/10 ships lit. ive wasted so many skulls fire to test out the commendation and still nothing -.- how disappointing

They will hopefully fix it next month....or next year....if we're really lucky!

You have to set fire to skellies at an active fort for it to count.

As for the ships. I’m still trying to figure that out.

게시물
조회 수
122 중의 10