IDEA: Social hub, re-invention for Arena?

• Ahoy! We've seen a lot of ideas from people about bigger islands and social hubs, well here's another one:

Everybody knows that Rare have stated they won't be "supporting" the Arena mode anymore, I believe because of lack of players & interest in Arena...

But what if they turned Arena mode into a social hub, that could be accessible from Main Menu & also from Adventure mode through a portal? At the sea dog tavern? Archway?

You could form Ship battles (same as in Arena) but also perhaps sword duels, card games, "parkour races" & simply just form crews?

They could also perhaps increase the size of the place if needed, or maybe if it's an entirely new place?

Note: It would be in a separate world/server, just like Arena mode is currently.

Then of course people need an incentive to go back to the "Adventure world", which is Tall Tales, Voyages, events, earning Gold & Reputation, etc.

We know the game doesn't actually need this type of addition, but here it is anyways to get ideas from.

Thoughts? Happy sailing!

Views
    feedbackgeneral
  • They won't do anything with the existing Arena mode. Changing it would annoy the few people who enjoy the mode and would just end up being another dump of time and money. Only thing that might happen is,

A. The Sea dog Tavern in adventure mode might be made more useful. (Just additional stuff to do there, not as a social hub).

B. They make a new seperate "Social Hub Mode" for the game.

• @jumli7 I like the idea of having a social space, but it might be difficult to implement with only 5 to 6 ships on a server. Most people just do their own thing and probably wouldn't bother sailing over there, unless there was something worthwhile doing. If they did implement it, I think the Sea Dog Tavern in adventure mode would be the best place for it. That space is hardly used as is.

• @jester1027 said in IDEA: Social hub, re-invention for Arena?:

@jumli7 I like the idea of having a social space, but it might be difficult to implement with only 5 to 6 ships on a server. Most people just do their own thing and probably wouldn't bother sailing over there, unless there was something worthwhile doing. If they did implement it, I think the Sea Dog Tavern in adventure mode would be the best place for it. That space is hardly used as is.

The main reason why i wouldn't make the Sea Dog Tavern in adventure mode a social hub is because of how close it is to the Reaper's Hideout. It would cause alot of problems related to PvP And PvE mindsets, and overall would get annoying for everyone

• @el-spaniardchi said in IDEA: Social hub, re-invention for Arena?:

@jester1027 said in IDEA: Social hub, re-invention for Arena?:

@jumli7 I like the idea of having a social space, but it might be difficult to implement with only 5 to 6 ships on a server. Most people just do their own thing and probably wouldn't bother sailing over there, unless there was something worthwhile doing. If they did implement it, I think the Sea Dog Tavern in adventure mode would be the best place for it. That space is hardly used as is.

The main reason why i wouldn't make the Sea Dog Tavern in adventure mode a social hub is because of how close it is to the Reaper's Hideout. It would cause alot of problems related to PvP And PvE mindsets, and overall would get annoying for everyone

Yeah, that's a really good point. I could see that being a problem too.

• @jester1027 said in IDEA: Social hub, re-invention for Arena?:
    and @El-Spaniardchi

You didn't get what I meant, it's ok, let me explain.

If a portal was in the archway under the sea dog tavern, for an example.

The portal would merge you into current existing servers that are for the Arena mode. AKA it simply would merge you into Arena. Simple.

Then they would remake it into a some sort of a "social place", or "minigame place" or "sea dog town", or anything similar.

The new place wouldn't be in the same world/server as Adventure mode. Going through the portal it would search servers that already have players in them, just like with Adventure/Arena mode.
    So it wouldn't matter how many player are currently in your world/server.

Happy sailing!

Only what it would cause, is people merging to different servers/worlds as currently people do with server hopping with Tall Tales. So basically it really wouldn't cause problems.

But if it somehow becomes an issue, it can be wherever in the world, and of course it can be accessed from the Main Menu also, just like currently with the Arena mode.

B. They make a new seperate "Social Hub Mode" for the game.

Also, that is indeed what the idea was, only to make it more accessible, you could join one from during an Adventure mode.

Happy sailing!

They won't do anything with the existing Arena mode. Changing it would annoy the few people who enjoy the mode and would just end up being another dump of time and money.

Yeah we know they won't, but it definitely wouldn't make the Arena mode less popular, but quite the opposite.

Since the Arena mode is very little played compared to the Adventure mode, it would just increase the popularity of the Arena, or if it was renamed to something else. "Sea dog tavern" for an example.

It wouldn't only contain the typical Arena mode, but also variety of other activities & minigames.

Happy sailing!

• I like the idea of a social hub type place. I think it would be better suited as a new and improved PL hideout though, that you can sail your ship in to and is more like a town.

• @jumli7 My idea exactly!
    This type of place cannot be added to adventure mode but a standalone version could be amazing.
    Even sailing from there into an adventure mode random server would be great to make it immersive.

Wont be the arena lobby but a big outpost with fun activities and random crews.

• @jumli7 said in IDEA: Social hub, re-invention for Arena?:

@el-spaniardchi said in IDEA: Social hub, re-invention for Arena?:

They won't do anything with the existing Arena mode. Changing it would annoy the few people who enjoy the mode and would just end up being another dump of time and money.

It definitely would do something with the existing Arena mode, and it definitely wouldn't make it less popular, but quite the opposite.

Maybe it would. Except Rare doesn't want anything to do with arena anymore. They don't want to even fix the chest beacon glitch that's been around for a while now. I do agree that it would make Arena more active. Doesn't mean there won't be people who are gonna complain about it.

Since the Arena mode is very little played compare to the Adventure mode, it would just increase the popularity of the Arena, or if it was renamed to something else.

Again, i seriously doubt Rare will do anything with Arena. They have washed their hands of the mode.

It wouldn't only contain the typical Arena mode, but also variety of other activities & minigames.

Sounds cool!

Happy sailing!

Same to you mate!

Views
feedbackgeneral
5 out of 11