Pirate Legend Shanty

• I recently just hit pirate legend and was saddened to discover that you can’t play it outside the tavern it would be a silly addition but i nice one cause that shanty is a banger.

Views
  • @i-snort-cement I think the problem is that other people can carry the shanty and get in the hideout without being pirate legend, but I agree that we should be able to play it nevertheless.

• Yea I wish there’s was a variant that doesn’t open the tavern that you get at PL and so you you more songs to play that being said I want more songs too

• @foxthephoenix5 I'm pretty sure if you exit the tavern and re-enter it does not open.

• @foxthephoenix5 said in Pirate Legend Shanty:

@i-snort-cement I think the problem is that other people can carry the shanty and get in the hideout without being pirate legend, but I agree that we should be able to play it nevertheless.

Does that work? I’m curious now. It does not work if I walk out and back into the tavern so I assumed it wouldn’t work for non legends.

I also wonder if they are not releasing it to keep the tune a little special.

• @foxthephoenix5 said in Pirate Legend Shanty:

@i-snort-cement I think the problem is that other people can carry the shanty and get in the hideout without being pirate legend, but I agree that we should be able to play it nevertheless.

Not true at all.

First of all, if you play it, carry it out and return the door doesn't open.

Secondly, even if you picked it up off a PL on the seas and opened the door, you can't even make it through the actual door if there is no PL in your crew

• While the song itself is great, it doesn't sound as good as the other shanties (or even quite right, really) due to its mystical nature - for example, hearing children's voices come out of thin air that couldn't possibly be reproduced by our instruments or pirates. For this reason, I actually like how it's currently limited. Now, if they were to give us a more standard instrumental variation, I would be fine with that - but again, it probably wouldn't sound as good as you might think, to say nothing of its incredibly short length.

Views
5 out of 7