More options for Captained ships

• Can we get the permissions to lock people in the brig and kick people while using a captained ship. You have to spend all this gold for a captained ship with little permissions.

I would like to be able to kick crew members as a ship captain for those players that want to join random games and sink ships or dump the treasure off the side. As of right now for crew management the captain of a owned ship can’t do anything which defeats the purpose of buying a ship to own

Views
    questionfeedbackgeneral
  • @bor-pacnytnh

already talked about here.

• So if I join a random captain ship, have a good time together, collect a sizeable loot and just before turning in the gold….Captain kicks me off so there friend can get the rewards instead

No thank you

• @burnbacon said in More options for Captained ships:

So if I join a random captain ship, have a good time together, collect a sizeable loot and just before turning in the gold….Captain kicks me off so there friend can get the rewards instead

No thank you

This.

• @burnbacon so player can join my game on a open crew slot and sink my ship and dump my loot off the back of the boat. Griefing players? Which is a very common occurrence? The developers have already said there is a lack of people and even the launch of this game there wasn’t many people playing. I got some of my friends to start playing this game but then they decided not to play anymore for the reason of how many player grief in this game. If you have to spend so much money for a ship to captain it, At least give special permissions for the captains beside a fancy boat name and being able to use The sovereign

• @bor-pacnytnh said in More options for Captained ships:

@burnbacon so player can join my game on a open crew slot and sink my ship and dump my loot off the back of the boat. Griefing players? Which is a very common occurrence? The developers have already said there is a lack of people and even the launch of this game there wasn’t many people playing. I got some of my friends to start playing this game but then they decided not to play anymore for the reason of how many player grief in this game. If you have to spend so much money for a ship to captain it, At least give special permissions for the captains beside a fancy boat name and being able to use The sovereign

If you have one friend with you on a brigantine you can put a griefer in the brig as soon as they start to misbehave. Sea of thieves is so much like the real world. The tools are there to control a situation. You just have to think about it and try.

• @hawkeye99 so if you have a sloop, I’m which one regular ships you can’t put someone in the brig…… and then just for a sloop is 275k. Why make captained ships but you can’t be a captain and kick people and use other permissions. If loosing out on loot is your big concern this topic doesn’t involve you. They can alway add the option to not join a captained ship if it is that much of a problem.

• Absolutely not. Open crews have a habit of getting better players to do the dirty work for them and instantly brigging them before cashing in. Also, think about what would happen if the crew found a box of secrets or the Shrouded Ghost.

• @bor-pacnytnh I’m not too concerned about anything. I very rarely have any problems with other sailers on the seas. I do find it sad with all the tools at our disposal in this game that so many people can’t figure out a way to help themselves. But if you’d like to keep whining about what you don’t have instead of using what you do I’ll stop responding here. I mentioned the brigantine because you specifically talked about sailing with friends and still getting griefed.

• @hawkeye99 You obviously are not reading my post cracked even when I respond to you. What’s the point of being a captain if you don’t have captain permissions like kicking people out of your boat you’re too concerned about losing out on money. When I was talking about my friends I was saying I had people download the game and try and play it but the Griefing in this game is bad so they stopped playing. For you to say you rarely encounter is very surprising. I play this game every day I’ve been playing this game for a long time all people do in this game is grief the only way to get out of it is do a brig. But I like using a sloop and I do not mind sharing my loot as long as you help but don’t be joining my game dumping stuff off my boat and trying to sync my boat then quitting out. What’s the point of pain for a ship and because captained ship when you have no permissions when it comes to crew management. You want to say I’m whining I am expressing a concern and from the way you’re talking it sounds like you were probably one of those people that enjoys griefing other players.

Views
questionfeedbackgeneral
9 out of 10