A possible middle ground (if not solution) for the Milestone debate

• I've thought about this for a moment because of the constant debates about the new Milestone system that was introduced in Season 7. i see a lot of people who are frustrated with their commendations now are seemingly become worthless, or feel that their time playing have become meaningless.

Now, i'm not gonna say that the Milestone system should be removed (as it's been made very clear that the Developers are not gonna do that. Though, i do feel that some parts of the system still needs some tweaks and alterations, like some of the milestones that wants you to be on fire or sleep for a long period of time,) but i do believe an easy fix for this could be the following.

make some of the trinkets locked behind commendations, but make their higher tier versions locked behind the milestones. let me explain.

Let's say you have completed the hunter of the Ancient Terror or Legendary Hunter of the Ancient Terror commendations, well congratulations, you have unlocked the Admired "The Terror from Below" trophy.

however the Cherished "The Terror from Below" thropy is locked behind the Ancient Terrors Vanquished milestone.

same would go for the fish trophies. Like if you have completed the Hunter of the Ruby Splashtail commendation, you have unlocked the Admired Ruby Splashtail Plaque. but you still have to do the Splashtails Caught Milestone in order to unlock the Cherished Ruby Splashtail Plaque.

Sorry if i'm wording this weirdly, or don't make much sense... but the idea is basically that your completed commendation unlocks thropies and trinkets. The Milestones will just unlock some nicer looking frames for those items.

Now, here's something different I personally want to ask Rare to add in that's more related to the commendations of the Tall Tales. please add in trinkets and thropies that are related to those. "Lament for Wild Rose" is nice and all, but i want items that are more personal to each Tall Tale, rather than just one.

It can be Paintings, like Rose and George being reunited or Flameheart being set free. Trinkets, like Briggsy's mask or Sudds Ancient Spyglass. or even Trophies, like a small model version of the Golden Hare or a painted, wooden replica of the Gold Hoarder's Skull.

Ultimately, whether someone at Rare sees this or not, or consider these suggestions, i can't really say. but i can hope. And i hope some of you here might think of this as a possible compromise. But, again, i can't say for sure with those of you who might disagree with the idea. In the end i just hope this is something that at the very least interest some people.

投稿
    表示回数
    feedbackgeneral
  • Now, here's something different I personally want to ask Rare to add in that's more related to the commendations of the Tall Tales. please add in trinkets and thropies that are related to those. "Lament for Wild Rose" is nice and all, but i want items that are more personal to each Tall Tale, rather than just one.

Aye, wish there were more. But maybe more will be added in future.
    Perhaps painting of Jack Sparrow :0

• @burnbacon i'm not sure if that would happen. Rare or Microsoft would most likely have to talk with Disney for that.

• Been thinking of something else Rare could do to further improve Captaincy:
    alt text
    in case image doesn't load
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6b/a2/4c/6ba24c04549fd93447f618c3b88eb78e.jpg

basically, allowing captain players the ability to select which ever ship they want to use, in-game through maybe a bottle mechanic were they select the ship they want to use from a series of ships in bottles, and then just release it into the water were it's turned into a full sized ship. it would at least allow captain players a way to change the size of their crew by picking a different ship in chase a crew member have to then leave the session.

in addition, if another captain player is on the crew, and the captain has to then leave, the other captain player can then be either automatically selected or voted on by the other crew. then the new captain can bring out their own ship in a bottle everyone to sail on.

alt text

it's at the very least a cool image. of course the only problem would be how to implement it, and i'm sure Rare has discussed and face this problem before. But still, i feel for Captaincy, this is something that could be looked into.

what does everyone else think?

• This is actually a rather good solution. You have earned an upvote.

Now excuse me while i go dissolve my liver drinking Grog to work on The Rogue

• I like the first idea (and kind of thought that’s how the milestone/trinket system would work when it rolled out).

The second idea, while interesting, is currently not technically doable due to limits on number of ships/players per server. I guess you could be allowed to only scale down in ship size (or make it dynamic based on current server load, which would be confusing as all get-out).

• @sn0kanon Do you think i should make a topic for Tall Tale trinket/painting/trophies ideas?

• @dark-henrik-22 Sure, why not? Seems like a cool idea as well. Honestly I have not really explored the new update much; all my playtime so far has been on my crewmates’
    captained ships and I’ve been busier doing game stuff than poking around the new trinkets, but I do think it would be very cool to have TT-related trinkets on the ship, so if those are not a thing, they should be IMHO.

• @dark-henrik-22 you my friend are a genius, and you have my support.

• more tall tale trinkets sounds like an AMAZING idea to go and revisit some of the older ones... id kill for something like briggsy's mask or maybe a replica shroudbreaker

• @dark-henrik-22 tier 1 through commendations and all above through milestones...ok, that's actually a good middle ground...nothing against that idea

投稿
表示回数
feedbackgeneral
11 / 1