More melee

• The game has had the cutlass and 3 fire arms for a long time, but i feel as if more melee options could be useful, or just add more variety, with a few ideas coming to mind.
    *Heavy axe: no block or just 1 block before its broken, slower swing but more damage, and possibly even having a stronger power attack
    *Dagger: less damage but possibly a faster attack, or the ability to dodge more frequently
    *And of course, the frequently mentioned boarding axe: possibly a side grade to the regular sword, but instead of the lunge, it can climb instead

Are there any other melee options anyone else would want, what kind of stats would they have, and even what might you not like about my ideas/what would you change about them?

投稿
    表示回数
    just for funfeedbackgeneral
  • With the right balancing, I would definitely support more melee weapons.

I'm not sure if the Heavy Axe fits, but certainly the Boarding Axe and Dagger would complement the cutlass nicely. Again, balancing would be key, though.

• If they add 1 or 2 more, a Rapier would make sense. It could be the same size as the Cutlass (for attack range purposes) but it stabs instead of slashes. Faster attack animations but less damage, lunge speed/damage/knockback should probably be the same for balancing reasons.

• @sweetsandman Most of my logic for a heavy axe is just cause its a common weapon and tool for the time period, i feel like it would be more for ship defense due to a lack of sword lunge, im not sure if the power attack would be more of a standing sweep of the area in front, or just a heavy slam if it was added, but the idea feels good... That and i just feel like people could find creative uses for it. A dagger tho, just felt very pirate to me, and boarding axe is just such a popular idea among players it just had to be listed!

• @goldsmen I’d love to see daggers as a weapon but instead of a block you get instead it lets you aim and then throw you get 5 Daggers to throw then your out and you can attack normal the normal attack is fast but does let’s say 15 dmg and thrown is 40 dmg

• @goldsmen
    The boarding axe could make the heavy attack an overhead swing of the weapon. If it hits a wall, you get launched upwards. This would allow use for boarding, but it would also have utility in other areas. (If the heavy attack is only useful for PvP, there's no reason to carry it elsewhere)

Getting more weapons into the game isn't just good for having new weapons, it's also good for creating new archetypes.

For instance, we could see a player using both a cutlass and a boarding axe. This would give them superior movement in all directions but no range whatsoever.

And I think it's new archetypes that have made Rare too scared to add new weapons. Hopefully they see that it's worth the risk.

• I think with right balance heavy axe can have some potential not sure how good it would be though. Not a fan of the boarding axe since it makes boarding far more powerful and much more difficult to counter in a sort of unfair way, when boarding you should be at the disadvantage.

The dagger would be weird since if you have a faster attack would these attacks also sword stun? Since if the answer is yes than you would just not be able to move more pushing sword even more than it already is to M1 spamming, while if it does not then it will just get easily beaten by sword that can sword stun or any DG option.

Making the dagger also throwable was interesting until you realize you just make DG broken giving now an option for blunder dagger. The balance with sword has in part that it is just a melee option.

Big problem people forget is you cannot balance the game around 1 weapon everyone has access to 2 weapons and if you are not using both weapons you are putting yourself at a disadvantage and will be weaker!

• Fish, I want to slap Pirates with Fish!

• @fishyjoesalt said in More melee:

Fish, I want to slap Pirates with Fish!

This honestly would be a great joke sword skin, i approve!

投稿
表示回数
just for funfeedbackgeneral
9 / 8