About fights in PVP and how to lose streak in an unequal battle

• Why in the Battle of the Guardians and Servants can another ship or a member of another team join the battle? Why would anyone come in and save the other team? I'm on a sloop can't beat a gallion + sloop. Why can't you make a restricted area for other ships until the battle is over?
    Isn't this a 1 on 1 battle? Maybe I'm confused and it's a 2 on 1 battle?

Views
    feedbackcommunity
  • @justhate5814 even if you lose, the helping team doesn't get any reputation.

• I know about it, but I still lose my level, so what's the difference?

• @justhate5814
    Perhaps next time, another ship might help you.

• @justhate5814 it's still an open-world-sandbox-pve-pvp game...the whole server could go and help that ship...sure, it's not fun when they do it to you, but so is life...deal with it and take the loss...there will be more opportunitys

• @lem0n-curry I do not need help. I went into this mode to improve my game skills, not to destroy one without giving him a chance.

• Why in the Battle of the Guardians and Servants can another ship or a member of another team join the battle?

Because that is War? Nowhere does it say it be a 1v1, you are finding like minded players who wish for pvp. Where ever you are ingame. Would you also be upset if they were next to a Fortress and it started firing at you?

Why would anyone come in and save the other team?

Open world, because we can.. Maybe they sink both ships?

I'm on a sloop can't beat a gallion + sloop.

It happens. I dont recall anyone complaining when Alliances attacked you when you were fighting a single ship without HG

Why can't you make a restricted area for other ships until the battle is over?

Open World.

Isn't this a 1 on 1 battle?

No.

Maybe I'm confused and it's a 2 on 1 battle?

Sometimes, someone of your own faction comes to save you. Would you be complaining now? If the shoe was on the other foot.

• Sometimes, someone of your own faction comes to save you. Would you be complaining now? If the shoe was on the other foot.
    Yes. I would have sunk him first, because I came for a fair fight as I said, "don't destroy one without giving him a chance."

• @justhate5814 said in About fights in PVP and how to lose streak in an unequal battle:

Why in the Battle of the Guardians and Servants can another ship or a member of another team join the battle? Why would anyone come in and save the other team? I'm on a sloop can't beat a gallion + sloop. Why can't you make a restricted area for other ships until the battle is over?
    Isn't this a 1 on 1 battle? Maybe I'm confused and it's a 2 on 1 battle?

See you are thinking of normal games, where a PvP Queue leads to an instanced battle, this silly thing leads to an open world battle.

So the defending ship makes an Alliance and waits for victims.

Reason #3549028672096780938674652 why a PvP Matchmaking Queue that leads to Open World PvP is just dumb.

• Rare has said in a previous communique that third party interference is intended as part of hourglass. Sorry you lost your streak. Try again.

• Just be glad they patched out having an alliance waiting for you at the start of a battle or a ship behind the defense of the shores of gold or a ship that purposefully beached their ship so it would respawn outside of the circle.

• One thing is if someone can sink your opponent, then sink you, they will get credit for opposing faction HG once your opponent sinks.

• It was always intended for other ships to get involved in the battles. Third parties were very much intended design, because the chaos of a battle is what makes it more fun... Of course if one were to take their battles too seriously or have to defend a high streak they've accumulated, it would be easily frustrating, but I'm sure one could just get over it.

It's not a common enough occurrence to be a problem for most players, just a dime-a-dozen situation at worst.

• @justhate5814 i want loss xp to not feel like a kick in the teeth with the unacceptable amount of xp losers get

• @justhate5814 you don’t lose any level. You’ll get your chunk of xp you were supposed to get if you lost the 1v1 regardless, you’ll server hop somewhere else, and start again. It’s not a common occurrence either so it’s also up to you as a player to learn from what went wrong last time and see if you can do better this time to win the fight. I 1v4’d two, two man sloops and I was solo in the early HG days. I sunk them both. Practise practise practise.

Views
feedbackcommunity
1 out of 15