[Mega Thread] Tall Tales Feedback

• The Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update has officially released! With the wealth of updates the update has brought to the game, we know that you all have plenty you want to discuss with each other and feedback to us.

This thread has been set up so you can do just that for puzzles, story and everything else related to Tall Tales.

You can also refresh your memory on everything else the Anniversay Update adds to Sea of Thieves by checking out the latest Release Notes.

As you participate in this thread -

Keep to the Pirate Code
    As a reminder, the Pirate Code is more than just guidelines (though the reference really never gets old), but the rules of the community and game that we expect all members to abide by when participating on the forums. Any member who fails to abide by the code may find themselves put in the brig, or removed from the community.

We also have Forum Rules, which we moderate to.

This thread is for feature discussion and feedback only. If you're looking for help with anything then head over to the following threads.

Are you in need of help with a Tall Tale? Then look no further!

Visualizzazioni
  • Fantastic job with the update! I did notice one minor "issue" last night while playing the Shroud Breaker Tale. Looks like the word "artifact" was spelled "artefact" in the reputation menu. Not sure if this is the British spelling of the word (i.e. color vs colour), but thought I'd point it out.

• anyone else die and as you go through the ferry door get transported to the inside of the gold hoarders vault ? i did !?!

it was rather annoying as we were in the process of completing tall tale no2 and no matter how hard i tried to die and go through the door it just returned me back to the vault.. i was sat on the ferry for quite some time and my other team mate whilst fighting briggsy died and met me on the ferry, we both go through the door and he ends up with me ? WTH ! now we are both stuck with no way to get back or carry on the tale we had started..

can this get patched pronto ?

• Great start guys, my friends and me had a lot of fun last evening. :)

But i also noticed that the yesterday when my friend and me fighted Briggsy that she was to easy, right after the start i let my friend have the fun fighting her, while i only watched. She used all of her abilitys only once and the fight was already over then.

I watched some stream and saw that the Galleon Briggsy is more challenging but i think the sloop briggsy is too easy. But i guess that depends on what other players have to say, maybe we were kinda unlucky^^

• @emperor-nox brig briggsy was quite a challenge we found last night but then one or 2 of us did get teleported to the gold hoarders vault which made it harder to defeat her as she was constantly scoffing banana's

• @emperor-nox I just did a Galleon Briggsy, but with only 3 people, because my 7 yr old son wanted to do some "fishing".

Wow, Briggsy is way harder than before. Sloop Briggsy has been made harder than it was in Insider apparently, and rebalanced for bigger crews.

Took us 15 mins to down Galleon Briggsy, with a lot of trips to the Ferry in between

• Are rare recruiting for Mensa ? Is the golden shores a code for the Mi5? This is the only reason I can think of as why are the tall tales are so cryptic.

I had heard that the beginning chapters of the tall tales were designed for new players. Yet here me and my brother who had been playing for the past few months absolutely dumbfounded at the first chapter, grasping at straws and arguing if pages 1-6 were clues or the hunt started at page 7 on wards.

Now though it was difficult we have both done 3 voyages so far, now had my fair share of tests of punishment but nothing had prepared me for the Stars of a Thief tall tale. It took us 1 hour before just giving up and Googling the answer and I want someone to show me where they found that answer because I cannot understand how.

Overall we spent 3 hours on that tall tale. And by the end I just had to have the answers in front of me and I still couldn't find the Krakens watery grave. Then out of nowhere the tall tale failed it said we lost the gem eventhough it was sat with all the other gems we had.

All in all. Make the hints just maybe a bit more like hints and not like a wild scrambelings of a madman.

• I think tall tales should save more often. By this I mean have commendations for each section, not just the whole tale. It would help people like me who can't play very much. For example, if I got the pages from the magpie's wing, it should give me a commendation and save what my book looks like for the next time I do the first tale.

• Are tall tales timed exclusive events? These are the kinds of quests i would love to do with my children in a few years, but i’m afraid they could be replaced by the next tall tale. I heard the developpers vaguely say they weren’t during a stream.

• @thegringodude they aren't

• @takuboto The update was great imo. I had a little trouble finding the keyhole for the totem on mermaids hideaway but all in all great! I was a little disappointed that I couldnt put chicken legs in the empty chest for a bucket of kfc but im having fun

• @thegringodude The tall tales are a permanent addition to the game and will only be built up upon as time goes on. By that I mean new tall tales. But don't worry, all of them will be available.

• Ok so, 4 times me and a friend attempt d to do the shroud tall tale, the first 2 times we were stalked, chased, and killed and listen the key, had to start all over, the last 2 weeks got as far as competing it and getting the shroud only to be stopped exiting the vault and killed. I read somewhere that other players cant actually sell the shroud we found, if that's true then you are giving them a free pass to just harass other players, not for treasure, but for the joy of harassing other players. I know wont put another couple hours of running around into it to attempt I a fifth time, and I see ALOT of people on your Facebook saying the same. Ita not fair, its not "pirating" its trolling , their only reward is my misery. What hapoened to turning off cross console-pc? I left sea of thieves for 6 months, and fully intend to leave again until I see this is fixed better. The people that killed me, were all decked out, very seasoned players, why are they even in the ocean going vs people that are level 25 in one faction, zero in the rest AKA super new ....I hope you value your players more and find a fix for this. I'll be out of game, with my friends, spreading the bad word all over social media and evey game i play until you do

• Completed 'Seeker of Grand Adventure' yesterday and the end-game rewards are great, but I truly feel that the Shroudbreaker (or some other sort of Trophy) should become a permanent fixture to your ship once you've completed them all.

I know Ramsey says his envoy is going to return it. But this game at its core is about memories and story-telling. It would be a physical reminder of the journey and the crew.

Obviously it wouldn't allow you to 'part the Shroud' like normal. It would be purely cosmetic.

Just my two cents.

A fantastic experience either way.

• @detroit-moose said in [Mega Thread] Tall Tales Feedback:

Fantastic job with the update! I did notice one minor "issue" last night while playing the Shroud Breaker Tale. Looks like the word "artifact" was spelled "artefact" in the reputation menu. Not sure if this is the British spelling of the word (i.e. color vs colour), but thought I'd point it out.

I'm Canadian and yes this is the British spelling.

• @ovtcvst said in [Mega Thread] Tall Tales Feedback:

Completed Tall Tales twice and love everything about them. I own the books as well and it was so amazing getting to see the characters from them fleshed out in game. Personalities and all.

The end-game rewards are great, but I truly feel that the Shroudbreaker should be a permanent fixture to your ship once you've completed them.

This game at its core is about memories and story-telling.

It would be a physical reminder of the journey and the crew. It wouldnt work like normal, parting the shroud and all, purely cosmetic.

Maybe the shroudbreaker without the jewels?

• Heya guys, Guardian of Athena's Fortune here. This is my first time making a post on the threads ever, so sorry if I get something wrong. I was just playing with my friend and we were about to finish the Wild Rose Tall Tale. We were nearing the end with our compass, and as we approached the island we had a server migration. When the migration was done, the game said we failed the Tall Tale and automatically canceled it for us and we lost all progress for it. We wasted an hour on completing it just for it to close itself due to the server change. I just wanted to post this in hopes that someone can see my problem and possibly make a fix for it for the future. I would hate to have more players have this issue. Other than that, I've had no problems! Great Work Dev Team!

• We fought Briggsy yesterday with my Brig Crew. We are all experienced Pirate Legends and I have to say that this fight was a bit too "hard" for my liking.

The real issue for me wasn't actually how hard it was but how unclear her health mechanic was. We really couldn't tell if we needed to do more damage for longer or if she was regenerating too quickly. It took us 10 - 15 min just to realize she was actually eating bananas so only then did we try to cheese her in a small space so we could keep doing continuous damage while avoiding most skelly's. I didn't like winning that way because it felt like exploit more then success.

I think she should be just as hard but I think she should not have regen and instead have a larger pool of hp. This way you can still have a long fight with her but you will get over at some point without the need for some sort of cheese or exploit with the environment in order to overcome her regen.

I loved to fight her but it took us at least 30 min and all or food supplies and it wasn't really fun at the end until we figured we had to find a way to exploit her health mechanic in order to win.

The rest of her abilities were great and were a welcome addition to the game!

• What happened to the pets? 🐒

• Finished the Shores of Gold yesterday evening.

What an adventure. Very well done and no joke this night i dreamed of needing to do a riddle to survive 😂

Sometimes i thought: man all the less experiemced players will break their brains without any spoilers.

Fun fact we missed to write up the Name of the NPC where Wildrose begins and googled it.
    But no spoiler, the game says it on the commendation info page we didnt know of it's existence :-)

Rare i can really say this is one of the best games I've ever played.

Unfortunately due to the bug we got no cosmetics and hope these will drop later when it's fixed.

Feedback about Tall Tales 11/10

• While on a galleon crew, the Captain Briggsy fight is really fun... for the first maybe ten minutes. Then it just starts to become a huge drag. After about twenty minutes, we begin to wonder whether or not the fight is bugged. Thirty minutes in, and we are just desperate for the fight to end. That's not a good thing, and it needs to be fixed.
    A bullet sponge boss is not a challenge of skill.

• @bloodredtyrant sagte in [Mega Thread] Tall Tales Feedback:

While on a galleon crew, the Captain Briggsy fight is really fun... for the first maybe ten minutes. Then it just starts to become a huge drag. After about twenty minutes, we begin to wonder whether or not the fight is bugged. Thirty minutes in, and we are just desperate for the fight to end. That's not a good thing, and it needs to be fixed.
    A bullet sponge boss is not a challenge of skill.

eh, my galleone crew fought about 10 minutes at max
    you do something wrong

• I love the tall tales, the difficulty is perfect for skeleton lords, I have played on both brig and galleon with crews and we all thought the fight was fair and fun, we took her down in 10 minutes or less, great job! I do wish though that they had their own unique moves because currently they all do the same ones.

I thought of some additional moves for the gold hoarder to do which would be to turn crew mates into gold, making them out of action for a few seconds, I also thought that he could dig chests up and toss them at players using his shovel

• My feedback:
    Wow, I loved the tales. The ending was awesome and I hope they will include at least one new chapter with every big update because wow, I want more of this.

I love specially that lords are difficult. Sometimes you give too much hints, but it is ok. Please, don't make it easier in the future. I'm tired of extremly easy games.

My suggestions:
    1- Difficult for 2 players should be raised. Lord skeletons are a joke for two players.
    2- Last prize should be bigger than 10K.
    3- Remove the map in the last tale (shores of gold). It is too easy with it.

@s1rtoby dijo en [Mega Thread] Tall Tales Feedback:

Are rare recruiting for Mensa ? Is the golden shores a code for the Mi5? This is the only reason I can think of as why are the tall tales are so cryptic.
    [...]
    All in all. Make the hints just maybe a bit more like hints and not like a wild scrambelings of a madman.

No, thank you. My opinion is totally the oposite. Sometimes I feel that there are too many hints. Like in the quest of the lovers, adding that image you know the island and you don't know to read propertly the text, or the map in the last quest.

I hate that lately games are extremly for simple people. Even Pokemon is getting easier and easier... If it is too difficult for you, sorry, but for once let us enjoy something slightly more difficult.

• @x-bye-felicia-o
    I completely agree that the anniversary quest line has added a really fun and engaging aspect to the game. Unfortunately, I've also found numerous players camping at known quest spots and killing me just for the fun of it. The pirate theme breaks down horribly when there are known high frequency locations like quest locations and outposts. Pirates would have been killed in short order by other pirates if they camped at Tortuga and killed any other pirates coming ashore.

I liked playing this game. Avoided being attacked and was ok with that being a possibility. But now it is untenable. This behavior isn't thematic; it's pure misery and trolling just as you said. I don't need that, neither do the poor kids I tried crewing with so they could have a great time playing pirates.

There are many other games to play together, though we were enjoying the pirate theme and sailing immensely. I say this not as sour grapes. I'll happily just play elsewhere as the community and Rare have every right to make the game a griefer's paradise. However, I thought I would let Rare know why we are leaving and why my son and I will never spend money on the game. To me, it seems like a large lost user base to ignore the less experienced and younger players.

• @bugaboo-bill

Could be... is Briggsy immune to cannonball damage? I keep hearing that, but it's impossible to tell. That could have been the problem.

Then again, there's also where you fight her. If you fight Briggsy on an open plain like Wanderers Refuge, she's an easy fight. But on certain places, like Crooked Masts and Mermaid's Hideaway, there is the chance her explosion can knock you into the ocean and take you out of the fight for an extended period.

I just find that sloop fighting Briggsy is so much easier, when it should be balanced to be the same across all crews.

• @Bloodredtyrant

W fought her on Crooked Masts and pulled her down to ground level and were only surprised once by her attack.
    If you run into right direction and keep eating you wont die.
    I died 1 time and that was when i was 1st time surprised by her special attack.

• I still feel like there should be more 'save' points or checkpoints. We were playing the cursed rogue tale yesterday and two pirate legends decided to spoil the game for us. We texted them, saying we had no loot and just wanted to finish our tall tale before going to bed, but they wouldn't stop. We tried coming back a few times but nothing worked.

Eventually my friends gave up and logged off. So now we have to start over. And all for nothing, because those legendary guys didn't even gain anything from it. Briggsy is really tough to kill unless you're on a sloop, and bored legends know many people will be going to the tall tale islands. You become such an easy target.

• @liberatedexpert said in [Mega Thread] Tall Tales Feedback:

@x-bye-felicia-o
    I completely agree that the anniversary quest line has added a really fun and engaging aspect to the game. Unfortunately, I've also found numerous players camping at known quest spots and killing me just for the fun of it.

This is what I was referring to in my previous comment.

• @girlwthagun1 said in [Mega Thread] Tall Tales Feedback:

What happened to the pets? 🐒

they will be added in a future update, they're still perfecting them

• It would be nice to pick up the next tall tale as you would any other voyage to be voted on.Would save time on having to criss cross the map just to start a chapter because you have spawned on the opposite corner than the start point.

• @takuboto Just wanted to let everyone at Rare know how absolutely amazing the Tall Tales were. Loved how different all the puzzles were, got so hooked on them! Really enjoyed every moment of it and hope there is more to come. Good job guys!

• The new content is AWESOME! We were blown away by the quality of the content. The added animations and voice acting brought this game to life! Almost drowning in the hidden temple was fantastic.

For the first day we were in love with the update. Unfortunately the second day we were prevented from continuing as trolls/paid corporate espionage employees / sociopaths repeatedly harassed us. We could not watch a cutscene without being but down from behind or returning to a sunken ship. Despite changing servers multiple times, even tried to vpn to a different time zone.

Pvp, we get it, but being constantly forced into it is immersion breaking and anxiety inducing. Arena was a genius attempt to remedy this but currently it's not serving it's purpose.

We want to enjoy this new content so badly. I don't believe that Rare want to tell players how to have fun. I think mayne some of their current devs lack the skill to add pve mode. So tell me Rare, how much money do you want to add PVE??? We will get you it. I'm going to start a new thread on this topic.

• Please, add some fancy titles for completing the tales and defeating the Gold Hoarder, that's the only thing missing!

• I’ve made a rushed messy post about this before, but let me make things more clear, dare I say “professional.”

Much like my previous post, Tall Tales were clearly rushed. I’m going to list the massive problems and pile of actual garbage you’ve implement to the game. I’ll try to make it short.
    (SPOILERS AHEAD!)

1. The majority of Tales are glorified fetch quests , with little variety.

2. There are No real meaningful rewards for the time put in. Tall tales take way to long to complete, often times taking anywhere from 1h 30m to 4 hours to complete depending on if you’ve done that specific tale before. Which you will find yourself spending the majority of the time sailing. Aka doing absolutely nothing. Making the current rewards pathetic, Aside from the morning star ship cosmetics ; Which if you didn’t know requires you to complete the corresponding tale 5 times, while also completing all commendations. And maybe the constellation tattoo set (IMO).

3. Tales accidentally providing false or misguiding, borderline useless information.

While playing through all of the tales I’ve experienced this multiple times, and is extremely infuriating. Because of the tales randomly generated riddles or shall I say riddle wording or directions. They often times only hold a single line of actual useful information and a sea of garbage.

For instance

• while playing the trap maker Tale, the book told us to drink at said location, where a voice would tell us the next clue. Now I get it, this is supposed to be a trickster who wrote the book. And wasn’t really that big of a deal because if you have half a brain you would figure out to use the spyglass on the things which happen to be images or items and dig. But that said the only useful information in that book were 2 lines out of multiple pages of text.

• During the wild rose Tale, you are to find the items on different islands so on and so forth. Except the pages I received stated, that an item was given to rose on a completely different island than the one you find it on. And while the items were in fact on the very last directions of the last pages of the book. It failed to mention at all that they were buried. Making the whole process needlessly confusing. Which again out of all the pages, only 2 were actually useful.

This trend went on for 2 more tales.

1. The platforming and Skelton lords .
    • The platforming and traps in The Shores of Gold tale glitch out, often times activating Irregularly and there for killing you. While the platforming near the end towards the gold hoarder boss isn’t inherently difficult by any means. But difficult because the barriers on the planks and poles/ rope on said poles, will often times knock you off the platform. Simply because it won’t allow you to move in a straight line, or up or down, only to slid off sideways.

• All pirate lord Skelton’s have the exact same move set. Really guys?! Come on, that’s borderline lazy.

1. Tall tale quest items should be put into your inventory. When you select a Tale to complete certain items, they go into a inventory of sorts. So why not all quest related items as well?.

There are to many times I’ve picked something up which seemed like it was supposed to go into the inventory. much like the spy glasses and books, but don’t. Making you lose track of them or lose them on an island.

• Especially the gold hoarders Skull.
      Words cannot describe my RAGE, when after spending 4 hours on the quest ( solo slooping.) just to get stuck on a pole between the front of the tent and the stairs of the building, and have some guy camping in the order of souls tent shot-gun me and sell it instead.
    1. Not that big of a deal but sometimes the voices don’t sync with the subtitles or mouth.

Tale Tales was a great step in the right direction, and a much needed one at that, but ultimately a mediocre one. I love this game and want to see you guys succeed. But for now address these things, making them bigger better , more potent. And he’ll idk, maybe make Tall tales stay in your quest inventory much like other games. so the people who don’t have the time can start them. Log off ; And then resume, there great adventure ;) ;) . Just a suggestion.

Visualizzazioni
7 su 105