Solo sloop Sea of Bones Meta and its main issue.

• It appears that the meta right now with the solo sloop queue is to board the opponent and try to set up a spawncamp then sail the ship out of bounds (at least from my recent experience).

Nothing wrong with that per se, the players play the game in the most efficient way. That being said, if it's indeed one of the best way to win this type of engagement, that pairs very poorly with the penalty for running out of bounds. I've been playing for the past hour (4 matches, nothing to show for it) and it's a bit silly to think that I would have gained more allegeance by running my ship into the nearest rock then flee my ennemy.

Now I know that's "skill issue" and whatnot, I'll concede this point happily. I just think that trying your best, regarding of your skill level, should always be rewarded at least at the same level than avoiding conflict, not less. The particular design behind it seems a bit flawed.

Visualizzazioni
  • 100 percent agreed. It is and should be a valid tactic given the framework of the mode, but a player should not be able to deny another player progress this way. There's a reason the person who sinks gets a small amount of rep: to mellow the loss and make you feel that there's some point to playing even if you lose a lot. This tactic negates that.

• just set up a system that aims to differentiate between forfeit and win by opponent

players gets full loss rep if opponent was on their ship within 20ish seconds of it exploding

that should cut down on a lot of issues while still making sure everyone gets something

the 20 seconds is so people don't just jump off before it blows. Aims to give a chance to recover in those situations for the rep.

Visualizzazioni
2 su 3