A Way To Cut Down On Spawn Camping

• Now, before anyone nay-says this; When I screamed about spawn campers a few days back, I was told to file a report.
    So clearly spawn camping is not allowed.

Make it so boarders cannot refill their ammo on a ship that is not theirs/their crews.
    Reasoning:
    Why should spawncampers get infinite ammo on the ship they are griefing?
    Make them have to move back to their own ship to refill their ammo.

This would also make boarding to steal treasure more difficult; boarders don't get to camp the ammo box while their friends grab the loot.

Visualizzazioni
    feedback
  • Spawncamping is allowed if you are doing it to ensure the ship sinks, to siphon supplies or to steal their loot/crates. You're not allowed to do it just to repeatedly kill players.

• Just get good, or they'll use a sword

• @eguzky said in A Way To Cut Down On Spawn Camping:

Now, before anyone nay-says this; When I screamed about spawn campers a few days back, I was told to file a report.
    So clearly spawn camping is not allowed.

No. You were encouraged to file a report rather than posting about it. That way Rare could look at the circumstances and determine if the other crew had actually done anything wrong.

• Man we already got no revives now, I don't even spawncamp and I think this is too far...

• @eguzky By design the game encourages spawn camping, that's just a fact, why would you allow your enemy to repair their ship? Why would you give them a fighting chance when syphoning supplies? Not to mention that you already have tools to combat this like 15 sec respawn, enemies can't revive each other on an enemy ship, u can change weapons on the ferry and you can end the fight at any time by scuttling.

So I see no point in making this even harder, what makes good ship combat is boarding since it balances the playing a lot and if it gets nerfed then there is no incentive to fight at all. By the way, the reportable spawn camping is when there is no intention to sink your ship/steal your stuff, although that's also highly context-sensitive, u might have a boarder that is waiting for their boat to come around and shoot you or something along those lines.

• In this game spawn-camping isn't a bug, it's a feature.

• getting rid of revive on the boat was MASSIVE for addressing this

we all lose fights, getting killed repeatedly is just one way to lose

but addressing revive was a significant move in a healthy direction for camping

Now it's just a matter of skill vs skill, performance vs performance, and luck that nobody controls and everyone benefits from, sometimes.

• I rather make it work both parties.

Wet ammo. If you jump into the water and your in that water to long (similar to cloth cargo)
    It becomes damp and still fires but does little to no damage. Basically forcing you to “reload” using ammo crate.

This would make those wanting to swim or wait in the water little less of a problem.

Make it so you need a sword :)

• Spawn camping is entirely allowed for the sake of sinking, stealing, or supply siphoning, the only case where it can be banned is if the goal is to ONLY spawn camp and nothing else, if they fix your ship to keep it from sinking, and just stand around waiting for you to appear, thats the only case that you can report.

• Guess I just have to spend five minutes practicing the sword and becoming a God, then🤷‍♂️

• I must be really lucky because, other than in arena, i think i got spawn camp like 2 times max in about 850 hrs. After ensuring through fighting that I would not likely succeed in getting my ship back I solved the issue by scuttling. Problem solved.

As well, now that they can’t revive themselves on your ship and that there are more spawn points ( on the sloop) it will make things even harder for them to spawn camp for a long time, although not impossible.

Visualizzazioni
feedback
11 su 12