Pirate Hub

• It would be awesome to have a hub full of fellow pirates in a town. This town would have all your regular shops and a harbor. while this can be a fun idea, i think it would also be great for finding groups, making friends and for the people who like to Role-Play.
    A list of things this hub could possibly do are

• House events
      -Have a ship setup in realtime (Choosing ship type) rather then doing it through a menu
      -Ability to meet people before entering a crew (Can give better opportunities to find players you would enjoy playing with)
    • Have areas to hang out!
    • Possibly a start to crew homes (and crew guilds?)
    • Finally a animation of the ship leaving the town to enter the sea of theives ( would still arrive at an outpost when you enter a game server)

Ty for anyones time who reads this! I dont expect these to be added but would sure add to the whole pirate vibe if it were! Man, i think people would even hop on just to chat with others in a nice pirate themed town if they dont feel like doing a grind! Hope Everyone has a good one :D

Views
    communityjust for fun
  • The old arena housing fits this idea.

Maybe they can change it into that?
    You can either
    A) Join game normally
    B) Join the Hub

• gets suggested from time to time

personally I think and have posted before that I think this game benefits greatly from space, the time people are doing their own thing and the interactions being pretty darn short most of the time unless people want to carry it on. I think it naturally cuts down on a lot of drama.

but they could always try it out and see how it goes

I think it'll get cliquey, this game has a pretty small social part of the community and it's definitely a cliquey one. I think that'll probably end up showing there. Looking for reasons to report people is a pretty common thing in the social part of this community as well and I think that'll show. It doesn't really lead to a cleaner environment when it's used too loosely it just leads to a cliquey one that is unwelcoming and not very fun for people, that will result in a lot less diverse participation.

The results very well may surprise me but from what I see around I personally doubt they will.

• @fluffytacobro
    Hmm
    Sounds kind of like the forums

• @fluffytacobro said in Pirate Hub:

It would be awesome to have a hub full of fellow pirates in a town. This town would have all your regular shops and a harbor. while this can be a fun idea, i think it would also be great for finding groups, making friends and for the people who like to Role-Play.
    A list of things this hub could possibly do are

• House events
      -Have a ship setup in realtime (Choosing ship type) rather then doing it through a menu
      -Ability to meet people before entering a crew (Can give better opportunities to find players you would enjoy playing with)
    • Have areas to hang out!
    • Possibly a start to crew homes (and crew guilds?)
    • Finally a animation of the ship leaving the town to enter the sea of theives ( would still arrive at an outpost when you enter a game server)

Ty for anyones time who reads this! I dont expect these to be added but would sure add to the whole pirate vibe if it were! Man, i think people would even hop on just to chat with others in a nice pirate themed town if they dont feel like doing a grind! Hope Everyone has a good one :D

As a fellow Taconian on this auspicious Taco Tuesday I whole heartedly agree with this request and rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 as five Taco Supremes!

Make it so awesome developers! Make it so!

• This is so awesome! I like the idea of a place, a meeting spot of sorts, where players could meet and chat. That happens so rarely in SOT. Not that I don't love some good PvP, but meeting new friends is awesome. Now, before you say you can just join an open ship to meet new players, this has been an absolutely horrible experience the two times I have tried it in the past two years. Think of Port Royal!

• @burnbacon said in Pirate Hub:

The old arena housing fits this idea.

Maybe they can change it into that?
    You can either
    A) Join game normally
    B) Join the Hub

Agreed. The arena hub is definitely an option. The arena hub was a lot of fun and a great social hub. I have a bunch of screenshots from my time in arena, hanging out with other crews. Lots of shenanigans. I would love to see a social hub make it back into the game as well.

Views
communityjust for fun
6 out of 7