I blew up my own crewmates ship out of spite

• Look, I know that title might seem like I am a toxic player but you need to know the context. You see I was joining a fresh crew on the sea of thieves with two previously acquainted players, now things were going smothly untill one of the my crewmates got pretty toxic (from my point of view) he would call other players “trash” and when other player sank him he would say that “they got lucky” He wasn’t a good sport and I am the type of player who likes to have fun with the game to the point where I laugh when other players sink me. But fast forward A bit and we were on an island and a couple skeletons attacking us and there was a keg next to me and I picked up said keg and I told him to get back but sadly it exploded taking both of us with it. When I respawned I was in the brig, I tried my best to talk my way out of being in the brig but they would not bunge. When we got to the outpost they were selling all the loot that along with them I worked for. But then I noticed that there were 4-6 kegs in the crowsnest but all a had was one blunderbus a sword and four firebombs so I killed myself headed to the weapon closet thingy in the ferry and changed my sword to a eye of reach. I think you could geus what I did next, look I play this amazing game not for gold but to have fun and I know what I did was proplematic but I’m happy as long as I have fun and I did. And don’t worry about them they were at the outpost when this happened, so they got to sell all their loot… Hopefully

Visualizzazioni
  • +1 for Trolling a Troll

• Welcome to the Pirate Confessional, please leave your donation in the box by the door on your way out…

And for the record that’s a great story. One of the best things about SoT is that the consequences for dying/sinking/general failure or misfortune are low enough that ( with the right attitude) it’s a fun adventure no matter how it turns out. I love that even if I get sunk I can be back on the seas and having fun in 5 minutes or less.

• @whjuyhjhgnh said in I blew up my own crewmates ship out of spite:

But then I noticed that there were 4-6 kegs in the crowsnest but all a had was one blunderbus a sword and four firebombs so I killed myself headed to the weapon closet thingy in the ferry and changed my sword to a eye of reach. I think you could geus what I did next,

alt text

I was gonna let you go down for this partner
    you have written out a full confession and it was what it was

until I focused on this part

4 firebombs would have been an easy way to set those kegs off by hitting the mast.

you claim you wasted those firebombs on temporary death which would alert your crewmates and without wallbang in the game it's unlikely you would have the angle to hit a keg in the crows from the brig, not impossible but multiple random things would need to be in your favor for that shot. Invisible obstructions in an area like that and known random hit reg issues with kegs makes it even less likely.

Doesn't add up.

• @wolfmanbush No, They put out the fire but what they did not know was that I was planning to set off those kegs, I think they forgot about those kegs and the kegs where on the crows-nest.

• @karma2184 And this is my main account, But it worked I sadly do not have a recording but, IT WORKED!

Visualizzazioni
1 su 6