A friend and I sailed the SoT today and defeated Red Ruth at Devils Ridge this morning and encountered a bug where her fire rain didn't stop, in the midst of this we started getting sniped and attacked by other players with no other ship in sight - then those players started doing things that were very suspicious.
[Luckily, I hit record on my gameplay replay to capture things unfold][mod edit]. Warning, it's a 50min video, and the minute timestamps are below:
- 11:23 - 11:42 - shooting us from underwater with no line of sight visibility with extreme accuracy and rapidly reloading
- 15:38 - 15:48 - moving and shooting as a barrel disguise while rapidly teleporting around the map
- 19:41 - 19:46 - ?Consuming fish while in barrel disguise, getting hit multiple times, rapidly switching out a weapon, and no-aim discharging to hit
- 21:48 - 22:05 - Jumping from the mast and rapidly moving into the cabin, teleporting from the bottom of the mast to the crow's nest in under 1 second
- 24:22 - 26:11 & 29:08 - 32:36 - Teleportation to player exploit when forced off the ship (our ship was moving the entire time, there was no other player ship, and these folks jumped/blunderbombed offboard multiple times)
- 37:25 - 38:42 - Hiding under resource crates - where we have never been able to recreate this with the same amount of coverage.
- 38:22 - 38:39 - One of them starts to teleport to the side of the ship, or swims as fast as the ship, and I get him for the last time.
Initially, we thought we were playing against some exceptional players, but then it became clear to us that there was more going on.
What does the community think, and if it is cheating what is Rare's roadmap to address it?