[Mega Thread] Open and Closed Crews

• All of my coins are lost! I had about 200k and now it's zero. What?

• Legit feedback on he Open / Closed feature -

Noticed this morning that if you do a closed party, that at least on PC, the host has to send out invites to friends. Friends can’t right click and join the game. I am not sure if this is intended or not, and is only a minor inconvenience, but it would be very helpful to allow friends to still join your game if it’s closed rather than not having to invite.

• @monkeychow01 I haven't seen that one yet. Been playing on private crews and can join easily. Probably get stung by it soon though...

• How about “invite only” or “request to join” crews? Closed anyone on ur friends list can randomly join at any time

• @locate-exicute said in [Mega Thread] Open and Closed Crews:
    [Mod edited]

Its called sea of THIEVES. Bye 👋🏼

• @locate-exicute
    Pvp is part of the game. This isnt even the thread for this

[Mod edited]

[Mod edited]
    Were all sailing on the tears of pirates like you.

Have a grog.

• @tenableclown15 It would appear that, a day or so later the feature has returned. YAY!!!!!!

• @simplybutta [Mod edited] I know that. I just want the option to play alone when i choose too.

• @locate-exicute thats not the game. Stop whining

[Mod edited]

So u can voice ur opinion but i cant voice mine? 🤔😂 ur mad u bought an ONLINE ONLY PVP GAME. Rare has never come out and said anything (before or after the release) about an offline mode. U bought a game that was marketed as an online only pvp game n now u want an offline pve experience from it? U see how rediculous that is, right? Seems like u want this to be Assassins Creed Black Flag or GTA Pirates. Its NOT HAPPENING. Not to mention ur talking about offline/private servers in a thread about closed/open crews. So ur also in the wrong thread. Maybe take ur whine box to a different thread

Someone get this kid a whamburger and some french cries 😂😂😂

[Mod edited]

But thats the game they made, an open world sandbox entirely based on pvp and player encounters. Offline would be a delivery service game (pizza hut work simulator) if u want something different then this isnt the game for u. Or get better people to play with. In a closed crew if ur internet drops ur friend can be there to sail and wait while u reconnect. Or get better internet, not much else i can tell u

• @LoCaTe-ExIcUte Please refrain from swearing, name-calling, and other behavior that is disrespectful to your fellow pirates. It is a violation of our Forum rules, and your post has been edited accordingly.

Obscene and Vulgar Language
    Swearing is not permitted on the Forums and a profanity filter is in place to block it. Attempts to bypass the profanity filter will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

• @Barnabas-Seadog Please refrain from circumventing the profanity filter, as well as making posts intended to bait and troll other users. This is a violation of our Forum rules, and your post has been edited accordingly.

• @monkeychow01 spoke of needing to invite people into a closed game (on PC at least). I play on PC too and wondered the mechanic for inviting people onboard once at sea.

It seems to me there should be something on the "my crew" page.

Better still, give a random name to every ship (adjective + noun) and allow players entering the game to type that ships name to join its crew. You simply tell your buddy "come join the 'Saucy Seagull'." This would also be useful if you get disconnected due to a ***Beard fault.

• @surveyorpete It would also help if what they named their faults didn't trigger the profanity filter!!!!

• @mrgrim67686 said in [Mega Thread] Open and Closed Crews:

Better late than never I guess. Kind of going to miss random idiots er... crewmates bombing my ship. Sometimes it's the only action I get in a session.

I know it was a joke, but you know the forum rules... No derogatory language... : /

Basically, no fun allowed. xD

• @ever-reddy said in [Mega Thread] Open and Closed Crews:

@chellnz Not sure how easy it would be to implement under the hood, but I think the easiest way to allow people to change ships mid session would be to add another option in the scuttle ship menu, so you'd have:

- Scuttle ship
    - Scuttle ship and switch to Galleon/Sloop

That would be a great idea and one I would enjoy especially when a 4 man team is going to break up but 2 want to keep sailing.

• @khaleesibot The closed crew option is awesome. If it lacks anything I would say it's the option to change ship type on the fly at an outpost. As my friends come online I move from the 2 man sloop to the 3-4 man galleon, or as they leave the game back to the 2 man sloop but have to leave game to get the option. I have no idea what such an option would entail or if it would be problematic or possible to employ. It would keep me from hopping so much though. Thoughts?

• @onedeviousdog said in [Mega Thread] Open and Closed Crews:

@khaleesibot The closed crew option is awesome. If it lacks anything I would say it's the option to change ship type on the fly at an outpost. As my friends come online I move from the 2 man sloop to the 3-4 man galleon, or as they leave the game back to the 2 man sloop but have to leave game to get the option. I have no idea what such an option would entail or if it would be problematic or possible to employ. It would keep me from hopping so much though. Thoughts?

That is a great idea and builds on what @ever-reddy was saying in the reverse. The loads between server hops kills me so once I'm on I like to stay on with my crew or friends. The ability to flip ships based on crew size would be great; however I do not know how much is involved programming wise.

• PUT A TIMER ON THE FERRY OF THE DARNED!!!

After 'X' amount of minutes have the pirate "cross over" to the main menu. This will fix the "Legendary AFKs" leeching issue.

• @el-dunco They'll just find a different way to cheat.

• @mrgrim67686 yeah but at least they'll have to find something

Views
131 out of 132