New red sea exploit

• I attacked someone today who found an exploit where you can get a shroudbreaker and then sit in the red sea and have people come to you, so I was stuck in a tiny sliver of sea where I could be without my ship sinking. I love the new update, but this needs to be fixed before more people start doing it because it really just makes the game not fun.

Publications
    Vues
    feedback
  • @pancakeman2472 said in New red sea exploit:

I attacked someone today who found an exploit where you can get a shroudbreaker and then sit in the red sea and have people come to you, so I was stuck in a tiny sliver of sea where I could be without my ship sinking. I love the new update, but this needs to be fixed before more people start doing it because it really just makes the game not fun.

lol well I guess this confirms it. TT9 still works even for the new system.

• @pancakeman2472 please send Rare an official report through their system so this gets addressed.

@KommodoreYenser they blocked it, but a handful of people have figured out how to bug the table and make it work. Rare did indeed code this to be blocked, so it is a bug that needs to be reported officially every time so they can fix it. I sent them a detailed report on how to replicate the conditions that allow the tale to be activated. I’m hoping they fix this really fast.

• I ran into this as well. We raised Reapers mark on our ship and hung out on the Ferry, hoping to enlist some help on the server. Eventually we were able to enlist another sloop to come to our aid. We voted TT9, and 4 of us gleefully rode one sloop into the red sea to finally confront the cheaters. It was so vindicating killing them and sinking their ship!! This took 3 hours, but honestly the most fun I've had on this game (and I've been playing for 3 years).
    I also reported the cheaters, but I urge everyone to check your map tables and IF YOU SEE REAPERS MARK in that red sea sliver by Shores of Gold, go help them because they are stuck. Thanks!
    link text

• @jasonk36o said in New red sea exploit:

I also reported the cheaters

You... do realize bug exploitation isn't bannable right?

• @dragonborn12940 said in New red sea exploit:

@jasonk36o said in New red sea exploit:

sure it is, if the discretion by those that review the incidents determine it to be severe enough or intentionally malicious enough.

• @wolfmanbush said in New red sea exploit:

@dragonborn12940 said in New red sea exploit:

sure it is, if the discretion by those that review the incidents determine it to be severe enough or intentionally malicious enough.

Yeah and did they ban anyone doing the LotV shipwreck graveyard bug? No, I didn't think so. Bug abuse is not bannable, all that happens is that it gets patched sooner.

Edit: And you would think a bug that literally spawns in loot would be counted as "intentionally malicious" and "severe"

@wolfmanbush said in New red sea exploit:

Yeah and did they ban anyone doing the LotV shipwreck graveyard bug? No, I didn't think so. Bug abuse is not bannable, all that happens is that it gets patched sooner.

Edit: And you would think a bug that literally spawns in loot would be counted as "intentionally malicious" and "severe"

all we would know is what we have seen around the grapevine, it's not like we would know a whole lot about if someone faced consequences or not

not choosing to enforce and not having the power to enforce are two different things, I'm not saying they will or should, I am simply saying they certainly have that power based on their discretion in regards to the rules.

all we would know is what we have seen around the grapevine, it's not like we would know a whole lot about if someone faced consequences or not

not choosing to enforce and not having the power to enforce are two different things, I'm not saying they will or should, I am simply saying they certainly have that power based on their discretion in regards to the rules.

Yes, they certainly have that power. But in all honesty, players SHOULD be actively looking for ways to bug the game, so that the developers patch it sooner rather than later. The more that people perform the bug, the sooner Rare patches it. After all, developers want to have as many bugs as possible patched, so players finding and exploiting them highlights the visibility for them. Exploiting bugs keeps the game alive and healthy in a way.

Yes, they certainly have that power. But in all honesty, players SHOULD be actively looking for ways to bug the game, so that the developers patch it sooner rather than later.

The only reason I said anything is because I think it gives people a potential green light where there isn't a green light. They could face consequences for intentionally participating and I think that should be the message as opposed to "it's not bannable".

and finding issues is not really the same as taking advantage of them.

Yes, they certainly have that power. But in all honesty, players SHOULD be actively looking for ways to bug the game, so that the developers patch it sooner rather than later.

The only reason I said anything is because I think it gives people a potential green light where there isn't a green light. They could face consequences for intentionally participating and I think that should be the message as opposed to "it's not bannable".

You're totally correct. I agree.

Depending on what it is... it absolutely is bannable, probably only yellow beard in most cases, but exploiting for an advantage in a competitive game falls under cheating.

Yes, they certainly have that power. But in all honesty, players SHOULD be actively looking for ways to bug the game, so that the developers patch it sooner rather than later. The more that people perform the bug, the sooner Rare patches it. After all, developers want to have as many bugs as possible patched, so players finding and exploiting them highlights the visibility for them. Exploiting bugs keeps the game alive and healthy in a way.

That sounds like a good mentality for an insider, on the other hand terrible mentality for live server cause not everyone on Live is actually coming to the forums to report the problem and if they see the game is an unfair buggy mess they are more likely to leave the game than stay to play it.
    Also what's important isn't to find ways to bug the game but report them, and then test them on live to check if they can still be abused and if so report them again.

Did I say anything about bans? I don't know what Rare does on their end, but I gotta assume that if they get multiple reports on one player, WITH video/screenshot evidence,
    that are cheating multiple times against many players, they gotta do something or at least patch the bug. I'm just glad I was able to outplay them to get the W.

Publications
Vues
feedback
3 sur 14