SUGGESTION A sunken ship should respawn on a new server

• I suggest that if the ship is sunk, it should be reborn on a new server, because it can constantly return and take revenge without losing anything. For example: when completing a fort, a ship will attack you, you sink it, but it revives and returns, you sink it again and so on until you run out of supplies + you will not be able to hand over the loot if it always returns

Views
    feedbackgeneralquestioncommunitycompetition
  • Just make them spawn at the opposite side of the map.

The real problem is the sunken ship spawning at 2 islands away. Especially fighting alliances are so unfair as they spawn like 1 island away because of "alliance rules".

• @upiter1401 said in SUGGESTION A sunken ship should respawn on a new server:

I suggest that if the ship is sunk, it should be reborn on a new server, because it can constantly return and take revenge without losing anything. For example: when completing a fort, a ship will attack you, you sink it, but it revives and returns, you sink it again and so on until you run out of supplies + you will not be able to hand over the loot if it always returns

Now...think about if they get lucky that first time. You can't go fight for the loot now and they just took your fort that much easier.

Another sounds like a good idea until it happens to you.

• @pithyrumble said in SUGGESTION A sunken ship should respawn on a new server:

@upiter1401 said in SUGGESTION A sunken ship should respawn on a new server:

I suggest that if the ship is sunk, it should be reborn on a new server, because it can constantly return and take revenge without losing anything. For example: when completing a fort, a ship will attack you, you sink it, but it revives and returns, you sink it again and so on until you run out of supplies + you will not be able to hand over the loot if it always returns

Now...think about if they get lucky that first time. You can't go fight for the loot now and they just took your fort that much easier.

Another sounds like a good idea until it happens to you.

Or you're fighting on the fort, have been busy with it all the way to the end and your ship sinks for whatever reason (pirates/skellies/unplugged leak). Means you did all the work and can't even reap the benefits from it because the fort doesn't exist on the new server.

I'm sure there's several other reasons why losing everything you did in the current session is a really bad punishment.

• @upiter1401 An evergreen forum topic. Imo it should take at least 2 sinks for something so drastic to happen. Maybe moving them to the opposite site of the map like @thorumsu said would be better.

• So when your sunk yourself. You be fine being sent to another server?

Even if your sunk by a npc? And while doing a tall tale or legend of the veil? Do think about that and how unfair it be to put all that work into the LotV and be sunk by phantom ship or a clever rowboat with a keg and you lost the voyage.

• Not a new subject. I still hold the view that an immediate merge is not ok. People who sunk are entitled to a rematch. I do think a three strikes rule is the best.

• @fishst1ck
    This just adds interest, when clearing the fort you also have to look after yours ship, in my opinion the loss of the ship should be punished in this way, we lose the emissary level if of your ship is sunk. In my opinion, having lost the ship and the flag, you also lose the opportunity to return to the fort

• @lafrules
    Supplies. The enemy ship will just spawn endlessly until you run out of supplies, and it will have starting ones

• @burnbacon
    Why, is it quite possible to set up to transfer to a new server only if the ship was killed by an enemy ship. Although for me, death from npc is also worthy of a transfer, because you lose the level of the emissary with any sinking

• @upiter1401 said in SUGGESTION A sunken ship should respawn on a new server:

@fishst1ck
    This just adds interest, when clearing the fort you also have to look after yours ship, in my opinion the loss of the ship should be punished in this way, we lose the emissary level if of your ship is sunk. In my opinion, having lost the ship and the flag, you also lose the opportunity to return to the fort

I still think this is a way too harsh punishment as it's not just about the fort or whatever event you're doing.

What if...

• you're in an alliance?
    • you're doing a tall tale / adventure / shrine?
    • you've hidden / buried treasure on the map somewhere?
    • you got sunk by an npc?
    • you're nowhere close to your ship when it sinks?

In my honest opinion this doesn't add interest, it removes options. Being in an alliance would be useless, doing a shrine near impossible, hiding treasure a waste, using a rowboat to be sneaky no longer viable, revenge on a crew that stabbed you in the back no longer possible. Sure the game in general would be a lot 'safer' if the ship you'd sunk wouldn't return for revenge and you basically removed a ship from the server, but that doesn't sound remotely interesting to me.

It very much sounds like a suggestion made by someone that got their treasure lost to the pirate he/she sunk once or more. The ship that sunk already gets placed further away the more they die as far as I know. Furthermore knowing they might be back adds tension and to me that's much more interesting than safety. It keeps you on your toes, makes you hurry up, look around more and decide if it's worth to keep doing what you're doing or cash in earlier.

Views
feedbackgeneralquestioncommunitycompetition
11 out of 12