Saving your ship customizations

• So I seen that there is a fee of 7,500 gold to just save each one of your customization‘s to your ship. My question is what is the point of this besides your ship just looking the way you wanted to look as soon as your boot the game up? Is there milestones you can only get if your ship is fully customized and each one of your customizations is saved? Because if not then this is ridiculous. why charge us for something we already bought just so it will be there when you boot the game? That should be free to do. it literally takes you less than 30 seconds to just open up the customization chest and pick out your sales and deck and etc. We have been doing this for over four years it’s not like it’s a chore. We are paying roughly about 46,000 gold to save all the customizations to our ships when you can just do it for free every time your game starts like you’ve been doing it for the last four years. I bought the ship, I bought the cosmetics, You should just let us save it to our ship with no cost.

Publications
    Vues
    questionfeedback
  • My question is what is the point of this besides your ship just looking the way you wanted to look as soon as your boot the game up?

Your answer within the Question. "Boot up start" No need to run to the chest and customize your ship, wasting time.
    (There is an achievement when you fill your ship up with trinkets)

Literally takes you less than 30 seconds to just open up the customization chest and pick out your sales and deck and etc.

Yet players complain about being sunk before leaving outposts, and I bet its because they spend time decorating there ship :p

We are paying roughly about 46,000 gold to save all the customizations to our ships when you can just do it for free every time your game starts like you’ve been doing it for the last four years.

Okie, so DONT use the save cosmetic feature. End story, those of us who wanna use it will. (mostly those with a lot of Gold to burn off)

You should just let us save it to our ship with no cost.

This sounds like a pirate who is broke. :p

• @burnbacon
    Ahoy!
    I've noticed a trend with most of your replies..
    You always have to have some snark..
    "Sounds like a broke Pirate"
    "Guys act like your never gonna get these…
    As if the game is gonna shut down before you reach it.

Maybe try for something more up your alley? Easier"
    Or your reply on my own thread:
    "Oh no. The grind is to much..200 voyages…
    Come on pirates, this child’s play."

I dunno, maybe it's just me but my few interactions with you the past few days on the forums have me feeling like you'd rather nobody ever disagree ever and like your poking fun at us for expressing ourselves. Like, do you desire a cookie? Do you want me/others to tell you you're the best, GG, Nice Pro Gamer Move Bro.

I just Genuinely feel put off by your tone and it may be a me thing and I am more than willing to work it out but I don't know, it just feels off. It doesn't feel like your replies are coming from anywhere but a high horse instead of a wanting to see the community thrive and be its healthiest self.

Im not looking to offend or argue, I just am pointing it out that it feels like it's not coming from the best place sometimes and I hope I havent offended!

• In this case BurnBacon have some valid points.
    No one needs to use the Captaincy things... its just another tool in our sandbox that we can use if we want to. A player looses nothing by opting out of the new cosmetic part of the captaincy stuff. Just use the update for the quick sell option and forget the rest.

EDIT: I like cosmetic stuff, and will gladly use some of my gold to tune my ships every now and then.

• @ghostfire1981 Aye! Valid points aside, which I agree some are valid..

It just seems to be the running theme of all his replies I've been seeing and I'm just seeking clarification, is it a conscious choice to come across condescending? Why? If not? Letting him be aware that its coming across that way to me and a few others--nothing major just asking for clarification for the sake of being better Pirates in-line with the Pirate Code!

edit--
    Rather, it doesn't feel like his comments are meant to be constructive if there are added 'pokes' and just reeks of "Get Good" "Get Wrecked" energy. Shrug

• @ladyaurabell

He's been doing that for years on this forum. If you have valid points yourself, he and others on here are like Rare's lap dogs ready to pounce at a moment of criticism.

They're arrogant. Anyone new that comes to the forum ends up in an argument with them (further proof of your snarky energy vibe coming from them).

The best is to just leave your feedback and don't reply to anything they have to say.

The easiest way to describe him is Misery Loves Company.

• @lord-spark-0
    Aye it Seems to be a Recurring theme for this Lass to see.

Thank you for the Advice, and Affirmation that I wasn't imagining the off-vibe.
    I may just Block and "Tailor" me interactions for my future Fo 'Rum Voyages!

I'm new and just hoping to make friends and be a good asset to the community!

• @dubz612 Ahoy! I feel the cost is for sure way too high, especially for us newer folk. I have been playing 4 months and cleared my Treasure Hoard to get all my ships and customize just my sloop.

• Reducing if not Removing Saving Cosmetics Fee...Im Pro Reduce.

• Reduce Milestone Reqs

• Equal Customization for all Ships with the creation and inclusion of placing furniture/moving it Like how we can place Loot where we like!

• As a Captain of my ship, be it small, I should have a Comfy Captains Chair This is not the Customization Update we thought it would be for sure!! Real Hard Work and Dedication went into this, the Most Highly Anticipated update and its Good, Just Not Great. The Awesome thing about our community is our passion for this game and the unity the desire to IMPROVE has brought!
        Fair winds to ye sails Captian!
  • @dubz612 I didn’t mind it at first but now it’s becoming ridiculous. I paid for my ship why am I spending tens of thousands to switch what it looks like? There’s no point.

This needs to be changed.

• It's just an optional convenience. I don't think there's any specific need to save cosmetics to the boat, but it does help give each ship its own character when you have multiple, I suppose.

My problem with it is that it keeps deleting random saved cosmetics from my boats and forcing me to shell out more money to save them again.

C'mon Shipwright lady, don't do me like that, you're already charging me a hook and a pegleg for the bloody curtains, now you're just straight up robbing me?

• I feel the same way about this "feature". If it's an optional convenience feature, then why do you have to spend gold on it? What is it that is gained by Rare from this? For me, it's not even about how much gold I have. What is the point of the trade off? Is cloud storage on the back-end for state persistence somehow limited and so this enforces a value trade off? Like what is the actual purpose here? It seems senseless and sadistic like it's purposefully draining gold to keep you playing forever. Next it will cost gold to board your ship, lower the sails, raise the anchor, and for every shanty you play... Sometimes I think the real Pirates are the Rare product team.

• I bought this game back in early 2022 (I believe before Sovereigns and Captaincy features were added), played a couple weeks and just recently started playing again. As such, I have a little experience but new to the updates and added functionality. You can't imagine the relief when another player showed this past weekend how Sovereigns worked!

Captaincy and customizing the ship took several hours to understand. I bought a sloop but next I chartered an adventure, gathered up some loot and unloaded it at the nearby Sovereign only to be rejected because I didn't properly set forth on the adventure by going to My Ships, and clicking on Sail Sloop. When I see a menu that says My Ships, the expectation is this is a screen to manage and customize your ships exists but this is also the same menu choice required to set sail using your ship, which is not intuitive for new players. Mostly because as new features are added the player tutorial is not, so there are significant gaps in "orientation." You learn 80% of the game from friendly teammates and YouTube than from Rare.

As such, I can't understand why the development team would choose to make saving ship customizations an additional fee. And as a web application developer, I understand Nitros28134's comment but the system is already having to save the ship itself and the name, so it wouldn't be that much more memory to save customizations for the initial session launch.

LadyAuraBell, I love your idea for adding the "inclusion of placing furniture/moving it Like how we can place Loot where we like!" I would love a sofa up in the crows nest or a recliner off the bowsprit : )

Fair winds and following seas,
    BobayBobay

• Wanted to pop in and say you can ignore folks in this forum.

There are a few regulars who constantly troll, and others who trip on themselves in their hurry to white knight Rare's every decision, regardless of how controversial it might be.

Some pacifists vehemently and vocally opposed to anything and everything pertaining to PvP, as well.

After a while their nonstop needling on everything you have to say gets exhausting; so just put them on ignore.

• Ahoy maties!

As this thread was 7 months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Publications
Vues
questionfeedback
1 sur 14