A great and terrible memory emerging into the Sea of Thieves? - Theory

• "With the Veil of the Ancients, the boundary between our Sea of Thieves and the Sea of the Damned is no more and memories can become real." - The Pirate Lord

I have been thinking about how we saw Amaranta from the Forsaken Hunter Adventure use a staff with Rathbone's skull (which happened to have a veil stone in his one eye) to be able to travel between worlds. It makes me wonder the possibilities of what her and the Dark Brethren are planning to use it for once they get whatever information they need from Merrick, reason why is that he happens to know alot about the Ancients when they worshipped Megalodons as gods and feared them as well along with Krakens.

Could it be they are about to unleash more memories from the Sea of the Damned just like Flameheart and his son are doing? I only have one thought of what Wanda and Duke may be trying to do and it might be crazy but....

...I think they are going to resurrect the Old Mother!

For those who don't know what this creature is, the Old Mother is an ancient Kraken who inhabited the Sea of Thieves centuries before the first pirates arrived to sail the seas. Colossal in size, the beast was said to have been bigger than any outpost and had the ferocity to match, and was feared by both the Ancients and Merfolk. Upon her death, her kraken offspring scattered and went into hiding.

And since the villains are simply making things return from memories, perhaps they are interrogating Merrick to know the location of the Old Mother to bring back as a Phantom Kraken and unleash it upon the Sea of Thieves? Maybe this will be foreshadowing in the next Adventure and lead to a big tall tale adventure in the future?

Views
1 out of 1