[Suggestion] Store player inventory while they are still able to rejoin the session

• Hello,

Recently me and my friends have seen an increasing number of crashes and beard errors happening to us, which we can deal with but the issue comes when we are getting ready for battles etc and have good supplies on us and then just lose all of them because of things out side of our control but still able to rejoin the session. Things like good cursed balls, good food etc. This is the worst issues when solo on a sloop and you get booted off the server and lose all the good supplies in your inventory which when solo slooping every supply counts against bigger crews.

My suggestion is to add a way that saves the items in the players inventory for when things like this happen where the player is off the server but can still rejoin the session from the main menu. When they click to rejoin the session the player will regain their inventory they had before they got off the server. This should only stayed stored for the amount of time they are allowed to rejoin the session after that the inventory is lost to void forever.

Thanks,
    Brave

Publications
    Vues
    feedbackgeneralxbox onecommunitywindows 10
  • Would be happy if it just put everything back in the ships barrels when you crash or leave the game with supplies.

• agreed, i had a trophy blackcloud wrecker and trophy sand battlegill and was going to sell them until my ship started flying and i crashed. Lol, i had a rough day ahead of me as i had 11 cursed cannonballs with me and i crashed and then i had 5 kraken meat and crashed. Would be really helpful.

• Agree. Since new patch, I constantly crashing for no reason
    Also Disagree, what's the point of keeping valuable object in your pocket when you get a calm sea?
    Store it

• @papbra94 But the thing is no one knows when they are going to crash, you could crash right after getting said valuable item for example a blackcloud wrecker etc not giving you a chance to store it

• This would be tremendous.

The other option that I like is for players that leave the game - for whatever reason - to drop a supply pouch of what was in their pockets at the time. The only downside to that is if you get DC'd in a really inconvenient spot...the upside would the open crews rejoicing because open crew is pretty much a guarantee that someone will join, grab any premium supplies you have in the barrels, and leave immediately after.

• @sweetsandman said:

the upside would the open crews rejoicing because open crew is pretty much a guarantee that someone will join, grab any premium supplies you have in the barrels, and leave immediately after.

Ooh, I hate it when they do that!

It leaves you feeling all like, "really!?" 🙄

• This is really something that should be solved if the server stability becomes worse. Similarly to you, right before a fight I was hazelnut bearded, and I ended up loosing a lot of cursed cannonballs even though I reconnected 5 seconds later.

On one hand, dropping a pouch could be annoying if you disconnect while your boat is away. I also do not think we want extra items lying around, hogging the server down.

On the other hand, simply implementing a way to restore the items back in the barrels of your boat could potentially be exploited to quickly return to your ship during a fight/event. For example, let's say you went to an enemy ship, took a bunch of their cursed and normal cannonballs and then left so that your teammates can use them to blast the enemy ship.

Finally, storing the items on the pirate would be a bit more favourable. However, as someone else mentioned above, there is still the issue of people joining, taking supplies and leaving. To combat this, there could be a wait period before the supplies are transferred to the barrels:

1. Pirate joins, grabs supplies
    2. Pirate disconnects.
    3.1. Pirate rejoins before 10 minutes: supplies are still in their inventory
    3.2. Pirate does not rejoin in 10 minutes: supplies are moved to the barrels

I believe there is already code that can be used for this, as Sea of Thieves already keeps track of which player did not disconnect properly.

Publications
Vues
feedbackgeneralxbox onecommunitywindows 10
8 sur 9