[MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.11 - Legends of the Sea Discussion & Feedback

• Greetings, pirates!

The Sea of Thieves update of 2020 is here - Legends of the Sea! This month you'll have new objectives to tackle courtesy if Umbra, a new NPC who some of you may recognise...

Additionally Duke is back with Gilded voyages and even more additions to the Black Market. See below for more details!

The latest release notes can be found here: https://www.seaofthieves.com/release-notes/2.0.11

This topic has been set up to provide feedback on the new features, updates and activities that update 2.0.11 brings.

As you participate in this thread -

Keep to the Pirate Code

As a reminder, the Pirate Code is more than just guidelines (though the reference really never gets old), but the rules of the community and game that we expect all members to abide by when participating on the forums. Any member who fails to abide by the code may find themselves put in the brig, or removed from the community.

We also have Forum Rules, which we moderate to.

This thread is for feature discussion and feedback only. If you're looking for help with anything then head over to the Gameplay Guides + Tips category linked below.

Are you in need of any help? Then look no further!

Publications
    Vues
  • Another update closer to eventual cats and Flameheart

• Please don't kill Duke.

• No key master voyages huh, you know we’ve been asking for them back, but who am I kidding. This game has so many issues that need to be fixed, this just adds to the pile of “hopefully they will be implemented”

• @tre-oni said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.11 - Legends of the Sea Discussion & Feedback:

Another update closer to eventual cats and Flameheart

Hopefully content for Pirate Legends too.

• Very disappointing the voyage table bug wasn’t fixed, I’m sure you know why.

• You can still use the double gun exploit.

• access denied to the pirate code link. does that mean it doesn't apply to me?

• A few of the problems I noticed off the bat:

1. The Crimson Corsair Sea Dog set has the descriptions for the Bilge Rat set, rather than the Corsair Sea Dog set.

2. The interactive bird cage in Athena's Fortune is just layered over the decoration that was already there, creating a cage-ception.

• the aircraft carrier didnt make it 🤷‍♂️

• I have one question about this update that isn't clear to me:
    Can you still sell reaper's chests to Duke or you have to take them as well to the reaper's hideout? Becouse I tried selling one to Duke but it wouldn't accept it.

• @treefittymonsta
    I've actually discussed this with I believe it was Kattruewalker, anyone is welcome to correct me, but the Community Code of Conduct is essentially the updated version of that.

• I've noticed that I'm most excited by bug fixes with the new updates than new content.

most exciting thing in this patch is the fort loot despawning fix.

I'm skeptical on the hit reg 'improvement'.

should I keep my hopes up for Brigatine arena@

• @treefittymonsta brig arena!! No? Dang.

• @treefittymonsta ummmm...no 😀

The Forum Rules page links to the Pirate Code, just appears to be a typo/old link in the OP.

• @marsmayflower said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.11 - Legends of the Sea Discussion & Feedback:

@treefittymonsta brig arena!! No? Dang.

sigh.. the brig is in alot of the commendation imagery for arena. it's strange that brig arena isn't out yet.

• @chronodusk said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.11 - Legends of the Sea Discussion & Feedback:

@tre-oni said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.11 - Legends of the Sea Discussion & Feedback:

Another update closer to eventual cats and Flameheart

Hopefully content for Pirate Legends too.

What was I thinking...

I appreciate you for keeping me on track

• Now that opt out is here, can we expect to see higher FOV options soon? It's so zoomed in compared to every other game I play.

• Rare. I think you have amazing staff and talent.
    And I love Sea of Thieves.

But I don't really love this update.

I don't mind the update and thought behind it per say. I think its interesting to find things in the game where you highlight the players. It is just the fact that end-game content is really needed. So, I'd prefer updates that add more purpose/longevity to the game. (And yes, I'm still working on all the previous commendations for the other companies, most of which just require a lot of time to do - but I'm almost done all of it).

Back to this update,
    Example - I played maybe 3-4 hours and I am already done 1/3 of the Legends adventure. Maybe it wasn't intended to be long, I don't know. But I know its not really an endgame kind of thing to do or a big mega project.

Also, its all over the forums for the type of bugs that exist, still.
    A. You got Tall Tale 9 that still has a graphical bug.
    B. Double Gun exploit still exists.
    C. You cant see other players voyage table (and what they are doing).
    D. There may be some problems still with the hit registry from weapons (I know I get hit markers and I have to hit people twice with the sniper and use a sword to kill them - it should be 1 sniper shot and maybe 1-2 sword swings.)

I hope that we get something for PL's.

• the movement and weapons feel so much better, now.... THANK YOU! Now please don't mess it up!

• @triheadedmonkey said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.11 - Legends of the Sea Discussion & Feedback:

@treefittymonsta ummmm...no 😀

The Forum Rules page links to the Pirate Code, just appears to be a typo/old link in the OP.

Seems to be fine for me ;-)

• Hello everyone !

I would like to know if The Legends of the Sea part (commendations, cosmetics etc... ) will stay in the game permanently.
    Thanks.

I noticed a few updates ago that sounds seems missing in the Fortune Athena area such as waterfall sounds and maybe some characters voices

• Personally, I love the update. It’s so refreshing to be able to set sail with no voyage, no loot to gather, no stress. Simply to sail around and further explore the environment we have been playing in for almost 2 years. Some nice chilled sailing.

Additionally, it does have something for die hard PVPers. Turning in loot at The Reapers Hideout makes for some intense battles over high value loot.

Well done!

• @takuboto said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.11 - Legends of the Sea Discussion & Feedback:

Greetings, pirates!

The Sea of Thieves update of 2020 is here - Legends of the Sea! This month you'll have new objectives to tackle courtesy if Umbra, a new NPC who some of you may recognise...

Additionally Duke is back with Gilded voyages and even more additions to the Black Market. See below for more details!

The latest release notes can be found here: https://www.seaofthieves.com/release-notes/2.0.11

This topic has been set up to provide feedback on the new features, updates and activities that update 2.0.11 brings.

As you participate in this thread -

Keep to the Pirate Code

As a reminder, the Pirate Code is more than just guidelines (though the reference really never gets old), but the rules of the community and game that we expect all members to abide by when participating on the forums. Any member who fails to abide by the code may find themselves put in the brig, or removed from the community.

We also have Forum Rules, which we moderate to.

This thread is for feature discussion and feedback only. If you're looking for help with anything then head over to the Gameplay Guides + Tips category linked below.

Are you in need of any help? Then look no further!

flameheart is next update for sure @TakuBoto not breaking the nda

• @minimum-vital Yes, they will be staying.

• @takuboto

Lets hit some of the highlights of this update:

Here's what I'm most happy with

• Pirate Emporium

Elemental Powers ship is amazing. Kameo was definitely an old favorite of mine, looking at this ship set brings back the fond memories I have of playing through that game! Well done on this ship set.

P.S. - I will cry tears of joy if we see a Viva Pinata ship set. THAT was a very fond time of gaming for me as a kid.

• Outpost Clothing Store

These new general non-themed clothing options were just what we needed to open up some new flavors of customization. I suggest adding two color variants for each of those items to really open up for some more creative and well put-together outfit.

Here's were I must give my critique

I'm sorry, but I'm just not a huge fan of the Legends of the Sea stuff. Having these player Easter Eggs as actual content for the game seems a little too far...

I mean, I totally get why you immortalize players who do awesome things in the community, but I think what we had was perfect - a subtle hint in the world that you would discover while voyaging. No commendation for it, no real acknowledgement by the game itself. Some players might remember who performed that specific exploit just by looking at it, and new players might need to ask around the community to figure out what it was.

I just can't get behind turning these IRL player easter eggs into in-game content that has an actual system of commendations and rewards. I think it's just a bit too idolizing and it all really feels out of place, no matter how hard you try to make it fit seamlessly into the world... Not only that, the cool subtleness and slight mystery of these player immortalizations is just lost because of this update. The way it was before was perfect.

I just don't see myself spending much time engaging with Legends of the Sea stuff.

It's just my two cents and I mean it all respectfully. This one's just kind of a bust for me.

• Bad idea adding optional crossplay, I can’t find players in the numbers I used to. Hoping that you can either prioritize full servers if you keep crossplay optional, or fully revert this update. Maybe you could make beginners servers for 50 and less hours on the game if you are worried about your new players.

• has anyone been able to figure out where to turn reapers chests? Duke doesn't want then nor does the lady on reapers hideout. are they bugged?

Can we get a hot fix please? or will we have to wait two months like the fort loot despawning bugged?

P.S. Brig arena, plz.. thanx

• @treefittymonsta Apparently there is a bug that prevents you from turning them in sometimes. I've heard that sometimes if you are unable to turn it in, one of your crewmates might be able to but I'm not sure. You could risk trying to force close the game to rejoin session if you're alone but that might not be a great idea.

You are definitely supposed to bring them to the Masked Stranger at the hideout though.

• @d3adst1ck yah I wondered what would be the game breaking bug this patch. now we know...

• @treefittymonsta For some odd reason they forgot to add the Masked Stranger from taking "Reaper's Chests" or some of their coding to allow that somehow bugged out? Had the same problem last night.

• I joined a galleon crew yesterday evening and we managed to turn in 2 'old' reaper chests at the RH. Although I had some other bugs, emote radial 4 and 5 resets for me after rejoining a game or when I die in a current session. Oos sounds keep following you (until you die), outfit resets when changing session (just as the equipment reset bug). But as of today it seems these bugs are gone, at least I did not had any of them except the oos music that will follow you wherever you go until you die.

• I quite enjoyed searching and finding the easter eggs. Finished all the commendations in around 5-6 hours. It reminded me a little of the skeleton throne event, which I also enjoyed. Plus, on the way round all these locations, I picked up a load of villainous bounty skulls for handing in at the Reaper's Hideout. Double win!

Although it's not the most thrilling in terms action, there's plenty of other things that provide that, so this provides a nice change of pace.

• Any idea if there is any pattern to the whereabouts of the Skeleton Lords?
    When considering the commendations and which ones I have left to complete, where should I focus my time on?

The gift seeker voyages gave you abit more control or idea of where and who you might get after completing a few of them... but now have the Skeleton Lords allocated a region to themselves?
    One in each of the original regions, with a random Lord in the Devil's Roar?
    (Just speculating...)

Publications
Vues
20 sur 94