Suggestion: 3-4-Player Ship

• I'd like to see a 3-4-player ship that can host 4 players but is also still manageable for 3-player crews. For starters I thought it could have 3 cannons, 2 double-sails and perhaps a 3rd single-sail (or maybe a 3rd double-sail?). The layout could be a small-ish cabin at the top with the steering wheel on top of it and either a single large hold about the length of the 4-player ship's hold, or a two-floor slightly smaller hold about the length of the 2-3-player ship's hold.

Views
    windows 10feedback
  • We already have one though, it's called The Galleon.

You can 3 man a Galleon, seriously.

• @personalc0ffee said in Suggestion: 3-4-Player Ship:

We already have one though, it's called The Galleon.

You can 3 man a Galleon, seriously.

Back in my day... before the Brigantine...

• @personalc0ffee - We're still kind of new and to us the Galleon feels just a bit too large. Having a slightly smaller ship that is still capable of handling 4 players would be great for us, but currently the Galleon is our only choice...

• ... and for us older players, a 4 person sloop would be the best thing ever. But that would NEVER, EVER happen.

Thing is, it is all about balance in the game. Newer players might want a "lite version" of the galleon, and i do understand that, BUT a ship like that would be way over powered if controlled by an experienced veteran crew.

• @linentable78290 said in Suggestion: 3-4-Player Ship:

@personalc0ffee - We're still kind of new and to us the Galleon feels just a bit too large. Having a slightly smaller ship that is still capable of handling 4 players would be great for us, but currently the Galleon is our only choice...

its supposed to feel unwieldy, that is part of the trade off for a crew of 4 all that fire power.

• @ghostfire1981 - Would it though? You could have its stats and features be in-between the Galleon and the Brigantine, and wouldn't that do enough to balance it out? Some tweaking could still be done to make it more balanced, my suggestion is not set in stone.

@ghostfire1981 - Would it though? You could have its stats and features be in-between the Galleon and the Brigantine, and wouldn't that do enough to balance it out? Some tweaking could still be done to make it more balanced, my suggestion is not set in stone.

Well at the moment the Brig is very dangerous to all ships. Operated by a good crew it can catch all ships, and has the firepower to take them out. The balance is that it will sink as a brick, very fast if not handled properly. So your suggestion would basically be a tankier version of a Brig, or a more manoeuvrable version of the Galleon. Whatever you could call it, it would be totally unbeatable in the hands of a veteran crew, and this is not something anyone (especially newer players) would like on the seas, as you could not outrun in, and you can not sink it (semi)easily.

As i said, i do understand what you mean, but there is the game balance that needs to be considered.

• @ghostfire1981 - Question: Why aren't bigger crews allowed on smaller ships? If only we could use any of the smaller ships to host our 4-player crew then we'd have no problems with the ships. Is it because then the smaller ships would be run too efficiently or something? Is there some solution for us that you could recommend?

• @captain-coel aye, back in our olden day, the galleon were the only ship that was attacked by the kraken.

@ghostfire1981 - Question: Why aren't bigger crews allowed on smaller ships? If only we could use any of the smaller ships to host our 4-player crew then we'd have no problems with the ships. Is it because then the smaller ships would be run too efficiently or something? Is there some solution for us that you could recommend?

Sink rate and survivability. A sloop with 4 players is unsinkable unless you crew wipe and mega keg it at the exact same time. Think about how slow a sloop fills with even 4 holes. Now compare that to galleon and brig.

Also you would never be able to naval sink a 4 man sloop as it can effectively navigate, return fire, and repair all at the same time while under fire.

• @kommodoreyenser said in Suggestion: 3-4-Player Ship:

@linentable78290 said in Suggestion: 3-4-Player Ship:

@ghostfire1981 - Question: Why aren't bigger crews allowed on smaller ships? If only we could use any of the smaller ships to host our 4-player crew then we'd have no problems with the ships. Is it because then the smaller ships would be run too efficiently or something? Is there some solution for us that you could recommend?

Sink rate and survivability. A sloop with 4 players is unsinkable unless you crew wipe and mega keg it at the exact same time. Think about how slow a sloop fills with even 4 holes. Now compare that to galleon and brig.

Also you would never be able to naval sink a 4 man sloop as it can effectively navigate, return fire, and repair all at the same time while under fire.

This!

• @butterfinger750 i forgot about that

• @kommodoreyenser Yeah I figured as much.

I had an alliance s a solo sloop with a galli and we all piled into my sloop. Granted it was an absolute blast having the sloop that took over the server I can't say how the other crews felt about it as two brigs and a duo sloop couldn't sink us even while working together. Every station was manned constantly with up to three people bailing and repairing if needed. Even a green crew would be incredibly dangerous with that configuration. Again, it was fun, but I certainly wouldn't want to run into anything similar in the seas.

• There's this one type. Galleon. 3 ppl can work it but it hosts 4. I have been moderately successful soloing it before lol.

• @butterfinger750 said in Suggestion: 3-4-Player Ship:

@captain-coel aye, back in our olden day, the galleon were the only ship that was attacked by the kraken.

And if you never anchor you never got merged 😆

• @personalc0ffee I open crewed a gally once, two guys left and ended up being left with a kid who started playing the day before. We got ambushed by two brigs and I somehow managed to sink both of them, with the help of my crew mate who repeatedly scared away megs by shooting into the water. I’d say galleons can most definitely be operated by a three man crew, and effectively too.

• @scurvywoof said in Suggestion: 3-4-Player Ship:

@personalc0ffee I open crewed a gally once, two guys left and ended up being left with a kid who started playing the day before. We got ambushed by two brigs and I somehow managed to sink both of them, with the help of my crew mate who repeatedly scared away megs by shooting into the water. I’d say galleons can most definitely be operated by a three man crew, and effectively too.

But that's exactly it. Ships can be operated with one member less than the maximum they support. Otherwise, it would not be effective to send a crew member to try to board the enemy ship, and the solo sloop would be impossible

• For the moment the ship type and max crew capacity is the most balanced aspect of SOT. Let's keep it that way!

• Grogmany greetings.

Galleon

🥰💜😁

• @kommodoreyenser said in Suggestion: 3-4-Player Ship:

@linentable78290 said in Suggestion: 3-4-Player Ship:

this is fact. I have been on a 4 man sloop. it is Invincible.

Views
windows 10feedback
18 out of 22